01-27-2013 02:05 PM
40 12
tools
    Just got a tweet back from AT&T support on purchasing the 900 off contract to us with go phone... its a no go...

At least officially
    04-11-2012 04:28 PM
    What are you guys doing about data on your Go Phone? Go Phone data prices are ridiculous if memory serves.
    04-11-2012 04:35 PM
    $25 for 500 meg. I guess if you use more than that it can get ridiculous ... I normaly use about 350-400 meg a month... :)
    04-11-2012 05:34 PM
    i'm interested in gophone because my mobile use is sporadic. I live in a place with no cell signal, work from home most of the time, and only need cell when I head to town or travel. When I do, I use voice a lot. Therefore, I love the $2/day with unlimited voice from gophone (that's max $2/day only on the days I make/receive a call, which could be 3 or 4 days a month). As for data, I only need the email to trickle in and do infrequent searches (for tunes, I just whistle).
    04-12-2012 03:21 PM
    my 900 arrived today, i took it to the att store, and they hooked it up with a new sim to my existing gophone account. incredible device, and voice/data working fine on gophone.
    04-13-2012 10:36 PM
    Does MMS work?

my 900 arrived today, i took it to the att store, and they hooked it up with a new sim to my existing gophone account. incredible device, and voice/data working fine on gophone.
    04-13-2012 10:48 PM
    Where did you purchase the phone?

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express
    04-14-2012 11:13 AM
    I cut the T-Mobile SIM myself and put it in the phone. It was detected just fine. I got the phone in the mail about an hour ago

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    Yes! I am going to high jack this thread! Tell us more?!

Did you get the non-commitment phone? Did you have to unlock it? Are you getting decent enough data speed, etc?

The reason i ask is that i want to get a 900 and bung my T-Mobile Sim card in there as well and am not too sure if it will work or if i have to get it unlocked, etc
    04-14-2012 11:38 AM
    Yes! I am going to high jack this thread! Tell us more?!

Did you get the non-commitment phone? Did you have to unlock it? Are you getting decent enough data speed, etc?

The reason i ask is that i want to get a 900 and bung my T-Mobile Sim card in there as well and am not too sure if it will work or if i have to get it unlocked, etc
    You'll only get Edge (2G) data speeds.
    04-14-2012 12:17 PM
    Here's an update. I purchased this phone from Amazon off contract for $449. I don't know if i had to unlock it, but i handed it to a nice fellow at an ATT store and asked him to put in a compatible gophone microsim and to make it use my existing gophone account. He slipped in the microsim and did some config work and made some calls to a support line, but not sure if 'unlocking' was one of the steps. (sorry, wish i could tell you what all that was).

Not 100% what MMS is, but i think it's not working. I took a pic and then tried to send it using the WP7 "Messaging" facility. It kept responding with "Can't send message, Try again" I could use this same Messaging thingy to send a text-only message.

A few more items....
    --Build
    My firmware version is: 2175.1022.8112.12084

--Speed
    I don't know where else to check on what kind of speeds i'm getting, but the little note at the top of the screen next to the signal bars is saying 4G. I live in a place where ATT does not support LTE, so i must be tapping into some other 4G flavor. Sorry, i wish i knew more about this. If you can tell me where to look on the phone for more info, i'll report back.

--Data Config
    First, to get the data to work, i had to add an APN (i subsequently removed it, and it seems to be a necessary step). I found these settings on some other thread:
    1. Go to Settings
    2. Select Cellular
    3. Click Add APN (will read Edit APN if you've already got one!)
    4. APN: wap.cingular
    5. User name: wap@cingulargps.com
    6. Password: cingular1

--GPS
    since i update to the new build (12084) GPS is not working properly. I don't see anyone else having this problem, and i've logged a support request to nokia. looks like they aren't open until Monday.
    04-15-2012 10:24 AM
    Here's an update. I purchased this phone from Amazon off contract for $449. I don't know if i had to unlock it, but i handed it to a nice fellow at an ATT store and asked him to put in a compatible gophone microsim and to make it use my existing gophone account. He slipped in the microsim and did some config work and made some calls to a support line, but not sure if 'unlocking' was one of the steps. (sorry, wish i could tell you what all that was).

Not 100% what MMS is, but i think it's not working. I took a pic and then tried to send it using the WP7 "Messaging" facility. It kept responding with "Can't send message, Try again" I could use this same Messaging thingy to send a text-only message.

A few more items....
    --Build
    My firmware version is: 2175.1022.8112.12084

--Speed
    I don't know where else to check on what kind of speeds i'm getting, but the little note at the top of the screen next to the signal bars is saying 4G. I live in a place where ATT does not support LTE, so i must be tapping into some other 4G flavor. Sorry, i wish i knew more about this. If you can tell me where to look on the phone for more info, i'll report back.

--Data Config
    First, to get the data to work, i had to add an APN (i subsequently removed it, and it seems to be a necessary step). I found these settings on some other thread:
    1. Go to Settings
    2. Select Cellular
    3. Click Add APN (will read Edit APN if you've already got one!)
    4. APN: wap.cingular
    5. User name: wap@cingulargps.com
    6. Password: cingular1

--GPS
    since i update to the new build (12084) GPS is not working properly. I don't see anyone else having this problem, and i've logged a support request to nokia. looks like they aren't open until Monday.
    ---GPS
    just did a phone reset, and the GPS is working again. not sure what's up with that, but i'll take it.
    04-15-2012 10:39 AM
    Bump... So what's the verdict?
    01-24-2013 06:15 PM
    Bump... So what's the verdict?
    you can use it with go phone. i am using it via go phone.
    01-26-2013 03:17 PM
    why would you pay MORE for Gophone service when you can get unlimited for $45 on Straight Talk on the same network?
    01-26-2013 03:31 PM
    why would you pay MORE for Gophone service when you can get unlimited for $45 on Straight Talk on the same network?
    i am paying alot less than 45 a month. plus i travel.
    01-27-2013 02:05 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD