Data issue - Nokia paying for your phone!

leoment

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
If I EVER needed a reason to be sure that I made the right choice in going with the Lumia, this is it. I truly believe HTC and Samsung only released Windows phones just to say they did it, not because they want to back/support the platform. Their commitment lies with Android and only Android, which is why had this data bug occurred with them we'd have ~maybe~ an acknowledgement of the problem, and no set date for it to be fixed. With Nokia, gestures like this make me believe we now have a hardware manufacturer committed to the platform like us WP users are. Thus, I'll stick with them, AND come Apollo, be open to upgrading to a WP8 handset from Nokia first before others.

bobsentell

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
What was the "T-Mobile fiasco" wrt Windows Phone? T-Mobile got a cheap, entry-level device, but T-Mobile has not demonstrated its ability to attract customers seeking high-end devices. T-Mobile's churn rate is astronomical.

I think he meant AT&T's failed bid to buy them. The one where all the Verizon-loving tech blogs called it a power grab instead of an attempt from AT&T to expand the network they are always complaining about.

Sridhar V

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
Apple on iPhone 4 death grip..."Gripping any phone will result in some attenuation of its antenna performance with certain places being worse than others depending on the placement of the antennas. This is a fact of life for every wireless phone. If you ever experience this on your Phone 4, avoid gripping it in the lower left corner in a way that covers both sides of the black strip in the metal band, or simply use one of many available cases." bumper, class action settlement for $15 now

Samsung on Galaxy S GPS issue (you didn't know an issue existed...)" "..(no response) a fix came that was pretty lame after 3 months of hue and cry

Nokia's response on Lumia 900 data connectivity issue "We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. As a gesture of good will, every individual who has already purchased a Nokia Lumia 900 ? or who will purchase one between now and April 21st ? will receive a $100 credit to their AT&T bill from Nokia. "

If anybody is in doubt abt what's in store for att's hero phone...well rest assured its way way way lot better than the last few.
Way to go Nokia, att, MS....

WayCool

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
So, anyone knows whether I should buy from Amazon or not???? $449.99 w/ no tax and free 2 day shipping sounds great. But shall I get $100 credit from Nokia? How Nokia will track my purchase and link it AT&T bill?

Tintin

Why would you buy it off contract for $449 if the ETF is only $335?

You get the phone and basically a free month of service ($100 credit) on contract ... then pay off the ETF for $315 ($325 - $10 prorate) and go month to month ?

Just say'n.. its what I'm about to do :)

I guess I'll go with Amazon since they have it for $49 anyone know of a place that has it for less ?

nascarnate326

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Why would you buy it off contract for $449 if the ETF is only $335?

You get the phone and basically a free month of service ($100 credit) on contract ... then pay off the ETF for $315 ($325 - $10 prorate) and go month to month ?

Just say'n.. its what I'm about to do :)

I guess I'll go with Amazon since they have it for $49 anyone know of a place that has it for less ?

Etf results in losing you number :(

prathyushms

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I bought one from Amazon as a gift for my brother (without contract, so i paid $449.99). And i don't use any AT&T services myself. How can i get the $100...

you need to have AT&T plan to get the $100 credit. It will be credited to your bill. Thats what Phil @Nokia conversations said in one of the comments.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I just called my AT&T store to see when the updated 900s would be in stock, and he said the 22nd. I guess that explains why any purchase up till the 21st gets the credit, which confused me when I first heard it. Of course, the wording in the Nokia press release made me think the updated 900s would be there asap. Either way, top marks to Nokia for thier response.

rokitrod

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Is there a workaround for now? Does re-booting the phone fix? I'm pretty sure I have the issue, i've called several times because visual voice mail would not work, additionally the data died at least once and the att rep somehow reset it.

properbostonian

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
How do we apply for this rebate? I looked on the Nokia site and didn't see anything.

How do you apply for it?

how can those of us who preordered their 900s get this credit?

how and when can we apply for the credit?

just to confirm,this also applies to lumnia's bought off contract as well?

Is this the one from nokia? or did you somehow just get an extra $100 credit? If nokia is that quick, that's pretty "amazing"!

This world would be a much better place if folks actually took the time and READ. Every one of these comments followed post #3 on this thread which specifically stated the credit would be on your At&T bill. Unbelievable. :confused:

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
This world would be a much better place if folks actually took the time and READ. Every one of these comments followed post #3 on this thread which specifically stated the credit would be on your At&T bill. Unbelievable. :confused:

What is this "READ" thing that you speak of?:straight:

ggabriele3

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
Is it me or is Nokia taking a more Apple-esque approach to their relationship with AT&T. All other manufacturers have to get AT&T approval for everything and Nokia appears, at least at this point, to be able to do whatever they want. If anything gave Apple a leg up over the competition it is their ability to NOT have AT&T all up in their devices' function. Nokia appears to be enjoying the same freedom.

This is very apple-esque. iPhones - going back to the original - always had problems, and Apple was VERY liberal about swapping out new ones. It's the only reason I stuck with them.

Bottom line is that all products have issues - especially first gen products - and hyped products get their issues hyped too.

Nokia is doing the right thing here.

thoughthalo

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Amazed!!

I have never seen any phone manufacturer move so fast. If this doesnt showcase there seriousness about their commitment, nothing else will.
Hats off to you Nokia!!

thoughthalo

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
If I EVER needed a reason to be sure that I made the right choice in going with the Lumia, this is it. I truly believe HTC and Samsung only released Windows phones just to say they did it, not because they want to back/support the platform. Their commitment lies with Android and only Android, which is why had this data bug occurred with them we'd have ~maybe~ an acknowledgement of the problem, and no set date for it to be fixed. With Nokia, gestures like this make me believe we now have a hardware manufacturer committed to the platform like us WP users are. Thus, I'll stick with them, AND come Apollo, be open to upgrading to a WP8 handset from Nokia first before others.

I couldnt agree with you more....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99