06-18-2012 03:15 PM
155 ... 34567
tools
    Wake up...smell the coffee...Nokia is giving a fix on the 16th and $100 back!!:happy:
    I know all about that. But 4 days is a while to wait for the fix considering this is the device I get my work email on. I might try a factory reset since I don't really have any music or unrecoverable data on the phone yet.

Update: So I went ahead and reset to factory settings. So far the data is working and it only took me 20 minutes to get back to where I was before. I don't want to do this a lot but if this holds me over until the 16th then I'll be happy.
    Last edited by ochowie84; 04-12-2012 at 10:25 AM.
    04-12-2012 09:01 AM
    I know all about that. But 4 days is a while to wait for the fix considering this is the device I get my work email on. I might try a factory reset since I don't really have any music or unrecoverable data on the phone yet.

Update: So I went ahead and reset to factory settings. So far the data is working and it only took me 20 minutes to get back to where I was before. I don't want to do this a lot but if this holds me over until the 16th then I'll be happy.
    you can get data back temporarily by just reinputting the APN settings. Takes 2 seconds
    04-12-2012 10:55 AM
    you can get data back temporarily by just reinputting the APN settings. Takes 2 seconds
    I tried that and it didn't work for me.
    04-12-2012 11:00 AM
    I tried that and it didn't work for me.
    Which settings did you use? Did you also reboot the phone after you put them in?
    04-12-2012 11:02 AM
    Which settings did you use? Did you also reboot the phone after you put them in?
    I tried both the isp.cingular and the wap.cingular settings and neither worked. I did reboot my phone and even cleared the internet cache.
    04-12-2012 11:06 AM
    Just talked to a store rep, and he said he just got an email that the updated phones were shipping today. Thought he may have them by this weekend.
    04-12-2012 01:21 PM
    I tried both the isp.cingular and the wap.cingular settings and neither worked. I did reboot my phone and even cleared the internet cache.
    Cool. Just curious was all. :-)

Can't wait for the update...just wish it were hitting us sooner that the 16th.
    04-12-2012 02:40 PM
    Cool. Just curious was all. :-)

Can't wait for the update...just wish it were hitting us sooner that the 16th.
    Yeah same here. I was pretty disappointed when that issue hit last night (probably more than I should have been). Otherwise the phone seems great.
    04-12-2012 02:45 PM
    Just talked to a store rep, and he said he just got an email that the updated phones were shipping today. Thought he may have them by this weekend.
    good news. i will probably exchange. I know there's an OTA update, but i bought this phone outright - I'd rather get set up with a phone that never had any issue.
    04-12-2012 02:48 PM
    Yep....the night that Nokia said a fix would be available on the 16th was the night that my data stopped having ANY issues. ...Perhaps the "bug" in my phone was so impressed with Nokia's commitment to the Lumia 900 that it just gave up and left......or it could just be a coincidence. Either way...now my data works.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    04-12-2012 03:04 PM
    Well this is ODD. For 3 days I didn't have the data issue, then on Tuesday it started. I applied the 'APN' bandaid and have been chugging along since.

About an hour ago the phone just randomly rebooted. Data stopped again. Cleared out the APN info, rebooted, applied it again, rebooted - it failed to work. So I cleared it again, rebooted, and was going to do a factory reset but now the data is working mysteriously again. Weird stuff! Just thought I'd share. Can't wait for the patch. :-)
    04-12-2012 09:02 PM
    To be honest, I don't have any issues with data.Still I will be getting the $100. I most probably will give it back to Nokia on some accessories.
    I plan on putting it towards the Purity HD headphones... Hopefully they will have it in blue
    04-12-2012 10:26 PM
    Nokia Confirms Lumia 900 Software Glitch, Offers Fix and $100 Credit - Ina Fried - Mobile - AllThingsD

Best part:
    The company is offering a $100 credit to all customers, regardless of whether they are encountering the problem. The $100 credit is also being offered to any customer who purchases a Lumia 900 before midnight PT April 21, effectively making the device free.
    “The customer always comes first and I think we’re showing it here,” Nokia U.S. chief Chris Weber said in an interview.
    So no $100 credit for the white because it comes out on the 22th. :(
    04-12-2012 10:53 PM
    So no $100 credit for the white because it comes out on the 22th. :(
    In all fairness to Nokia, the issue is supposed to be solved on the 16th....
    04-12-2012 10:55 PM
    APN band-aid (as someone above described it) still working for HSPA+ and LTE data. However, WiFi is still misbehaving - sometimes I'll be surfing the web on wifi and suddenly a page won't load. I have to turn the WiFi off and back on and it works again.

Hope this is addressed in the update.
    04-12-2012 11:40 PM
    Does this apply if you got it from Amazon for $49.99
    04-12-2012 11:49 PM
    this is proof that those who chose the Lumia OVER the Titan made the right choice..already and update in the works!!! amazing
    What, for buying a phone with a clear and obvious game-stopping bug? Are you kidding?
    A r i likes this.
    04-13-2012 01:39 AM
    I swapped mine out. data died before i left store
    04-13-2012 02:07 PM
    I swapped mine out. data died before i left store
    yea, the updated phoens are not supposed to be in yet
    04-13-2012 02:12 PM
    I am confused on the phone update and phone swap with newer version. If I updated my phone to new software, then no phone swap? Is it choose either one to solve the problem? What if I updated my phone and will I STILL be able to swap to newer version of Lumia 900?
    04-13-2012 03:00 PM
    Does this apply if you got it from Amazon for $49.99
    I was wondering the same thing. I'm so close to caving in and buying one these babies in cyan >.<
    04-13-2012 06:09 PM
    I've had my phone since Friday the 6th. Have not had this issue until today the 13th. Data just completely stopped put of the blue. I was really bummed but then tried something. I removed my sim while phone was one. Powered off. Powered on with no sim. Powered down again the reinserted the sim. Powered up and I was back in business. Hope this patch fixes up these issues.

04-13-2012 06:35 PM
    yes, no matter where you buy it, if you have an at&t contract and you buy a lumia 900 before apr. 22 you will get 100$!

By the way anyone have news about the software upgrade?i am getting tired about the data problem, is one week that i am without connection
    04-13-2012 06:35 PM
    I've had my phone since Friday the 6th. Have not had this issue until today the 13th. Data just completely stopped put of the blue. I was really bummed but then tried something. I removed my sim while phone was one. Powered off. Powered on with no sim. Powered down again the reinserted the sim. Powered up and I was back in business. Hope this patch fixes up these issues.

I got a tip that if you put your phone in airplane mode and take it out it fixes the data bug temporarily
    04-13-2012 07:28 PM
    yes, no matter where you buy it, if you have an at&t contract and you buy a lumia 900 before apr. 22 you will get 100$!

By the way anyone have news about the software upgrade?i am getting tired about the data problem, is one week that i am without connection
    Your wait is over. Go plug you phone into your PC and enjoy.

04-13-2012 08:29 PM
155 ... 34567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD