Data issue - Nokia paying for your phone!

anon(5339110)

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I will be getting one NOW... this Friday. My only question is... How will the $100 be giving? In a check? On your AT&T bill? Visa gift card?

Now... should I get cyan or white?

The $100 will be a credit against your bill. As to the white? Its release falls just outside of the $100 window. But perhaps if you are clever with your order, you will get it. The blog post did say you only had to order it within the time period. It is not necessary to have received it yet.

"If you have already purchased a Lumia 900, we are making two options available to you:

• You will be able to update your device with the latest software via Zune on or around Monday, April 16th.

or

• Swap your current Lumia 900 for an updated Lumia 900

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. As a gesture of good will, every individual who has already purchased a Nokia Lumia 900 — or who will purchase one between now and April 21st – will receive a $100 credit to their AT&T bill."

Putting people first – Nokia Conversations : the official Nokia blog

techygeek82

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
First - I know there are a lot of people out there experiencing this problem. Luckily I have not yet.

Second - The fact that Nokia/AT&T will be crediting our accounts for $100 is great, but that, to me, isn't even the best part. The best part is that they ARE pushing an update out. This is why I left HTC. Nokia is going to push for updates even though there is a history of AT&T not pushing them out. While a week is a long time to wait for those who do have this issue, it's just a sign of the dedication Nokia is going to have to their customers.

KUDOS Nokia!

jedivulcan

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I requested a refund and shipped mine back on Monday. For the $100 I paid, activation fees, contract issues, connectivity issues, shipping return, and restocking fee ... this announcement has left me pretty bitter. Not going to lie. Total bull.

jd914

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
I requested a refund and shipped mine back on Monday. For the $100 I paid, activation fees, contract issues, connectivity issues, shipping return, and restocking fee ... this announcement has left me pretty bitter. Not going to lie. Total bull.

your bad for acting too fast instead of waiting to see what happens. Remember you have 30 days to return it, you should have waited.

panchi2131

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
amazing

looks like off contract nokia buyers get 100$ discount too

looks the comments section of thread

Putting people first ? Nokia Conversations : the official Nokia blog

guy from nokia phil replies ...

more specifically from comments 11 to 75 page,around comment 16

Phil at Nokia

rbd27d.jpg

jedivulcan

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
your bad for acting too fast instead of waiting to see what happens. Remember you have 30 days to return it, you should have waited.
How is it my bad to return a device that didn't work and not wanting to keep it after spending my entire day Friday calling 7 or 8 different representatives at AT&T who equally couldn't fix the problem?

bobsentell

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Is it me or is Nokia taking a more Apple-esque approach to their relationship with AT&T. All other manufacturers have to get AT&T approval for everything and Nokia appears, at least at this point, to be able to do whatever they want. If anything gave Apple a leg up over the competition it is their ability to NOT have AT&T all up in their devices' function. Nokia appears to be enjoying the same freedom.

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
How it's my bad for acting on a device that didn't work and not wanting to keep it?

Well no one knows a update will be comin. Well Nokia delivers updates fast. So it would of been better to wait for a while instead. And use your old phone until the update comes. don't return it straight away.

techmack1414

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I called it, that it was a Nokia issue with the phone, and not a&t and the network. I got hated on immediately saying it was at&t.

Glad nokia found the issue. Props to them for issuing refunds.

tintin123456

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
I have AT&T contract. Suppose I buy a Lumia 900 from Amazon Wireless for $449.99. Amazon Wireless does not even ask for my cell phone number for off contract purchase. How Nokia will track my purchase and give me a credit of $100 in the bill? It does not make much sense to me. I guess many will not receive the credit, perhaps, unless they buy it directly from Nokia/AT&T?

Tintin

camaroguy

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
How is it my bad to return a device that didn't work and not wanting to keep it after spending my entire day Friday calling 7 or 8 different representatives at AT&T who equally couldn't fix the problem?

Could have just exchanged for another unit like the rest of us did rather than just throwing in the towel. You gave up on the phone all together, that was YOUR choice and YOUR right. Don't be upset that Nokia is fixing the problem and going a little further for those of us that didn't give up on them.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Is it me or is Nokia taking a more Apple-esque approach to their relationship with AT&T. All other manufacturers have to get AT&T approval for everything and Nokia appears, at least at this point, to be able to do whatever they want. If anything gave Apple a leg up over the competition it is their ability to NOT have AT&T all up in their devices' function. Nokia appears to be enjoying the same freedom.
Maybe yes, maybe no. But what we do know is that AT&T is spending $150M to promote this phone. And there is probably a stipulation in the contract that states, "if any defects are found, and not corrected in less than 2 weeks Nokia pays AT&T $2B". You know, to help pay for the T-Mobile fiasco.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

tintin123456

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
So, anyone knows whether I should buy from Amazon or not???? $449.99 w/ no tax and free 2 day shipping sounds great. But shall I get $100 credit from Nokia? How Nokia will track my purchase and link it AT&T bill?

Tintin

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I have not experienced any issues wrt to data. Therefore, I am not going to request credit. I do not believe in taking something that I have not earned.

AT&T has always been great to me, though. I had a BlackBerry last year. During the big BIS outage, I contacted AT&T. They credited me for the month's data charge, not just the 3 days when BIS was down.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Maybe yes, maybe no. But what we do know is that AT&T is spending $150M to promote this phone. And there is probably a stipulation in the contract that states, "if any defects are found, and not corrected in less than 2 weeks Nokia pays AT&T $2B". You know, to help pay for the T-Mobile fiasco.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

What was the "T-Mobile fiasco" wrt Windows Phone? T-Mobile got a cheap, entry-level device, but T-Mobile has not demonstrated its ability to attract customers seeking high-end devices. T-Mobile's churn rate is astronomical.

ChrisFu

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
I have AT&T contract. Suppose I buy a Lumia 900 from Amazon Wireless for $449.99. Amazon Wireless does not even ask for my cell phone number for off contract purchase. How Nokia will track my purchase and give me a credit of $100 in the bill? It does not make much sense to me. I guess many will not receive the credit, perhaps, unless they buy it directly from Nokia/AT&T?

Tintin

I bought one from Amazon as a gift for my brother (without contract, so i paid $449.99). And i don't use any AT&T services myself. How can i get the $100...

pezman726

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
I posted on the nokia conversation site, but I might as well throw it up here too. I was planning on renewing my contract and upgrading BOTH phones on my family plan to lumias. Would that get me a $200 credit, or is it $100 per account and not device?

EDIT: got a reply saying both phones would get credit...but its not from that phil guy, so not sure if it's some idiot or official.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05