So my Nokia Lumia 900 is here. I'm not happy

Gaiking

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Jeez....my pictures seem to come out great. I don't notice any difference between the 900 camera and the iPhone.

To be honest I'm a bit sick of hearing about how the iPhone 8 megapixel camera is somehow the end all be all of camera technology. It is good...but in my experience it is no better than my skyrocket or my 900...they're all equally acceptable. I was able to take great pictures that are hung on my wall using a Helio Ocean ...and that camera was no where near as good as any of these current crop.

Sometimes I think our expectations may be a bit too high.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

arcanetribe

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
Is no one else seeing the giant pink circle in the center of their photos? I've tried adjusting settings but can't get rid of it.

I can definitely tell the difference between iPhone 4 and Lumia 900 photos.

RiseAgainst94

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
There is a problem with the camera. I took a picture of very light pink flowers and they came out the color of this smilie :mad:
Anyway, the white balance is way off, color reproduction under low light is off, a yellow tint is visible when shooting something white, and the auto correct sometimes washed the pictures out (but general does a good job), and the macro can not handle small targets (does well with larger targets (flowers, etc))
Now, the camera takes great detail and preforms well in natural light, but under any other circumstance is not very good. This will be fixed with a software update I'm sure. Until then, using a photo editing app to make the pictures look great.

Gaiking

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I haven't noticed the yellow tint but many people are complaining about it. Is it from the amoled screen or is it on the picture itself? Is the yellow still there when looking at the photos on a PC?

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

RonV42

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
I agree that yellowish is what my Samsung focus showed on the screen but when transferring to a PC the white was pretty accurate. I did a side by side of the display of my old Focus with the 900 and the 900 white is pretty white. I still will only edit photos on the PC since you really can't trust phone displays.

Wh0mpu5

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Show me articles where this camera did not take great photos. I need dated articles prior to ANY blogger review on the subject of the Nokia 900 Carl Zeiss lens. If you cannot do that, thank you for your OPINION of what homework you assume I did not do.

I'll be honest with you , every review i have read prior to buying one myself talked about a subpar camera. The camera lacks a back light so low light conditions are a problem , that is what people are talking about. However in your case it seems its high light issues . Me personally i did not buy it for the camera , i hardly take photos to begin with . But i understand your scenario. Carl zeiss is Carl zeiss , should have been better.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Is no one else seeing the giant pink circle in the center of their photos? I've tried adjusting settings but can't get rid of it.

I can definitely tell the difference between iPhone 4 and Lumia 900 photos.
I can see it. There are issues with this phone's camera. I just dont see tossing and otherwise good device overboard because a few handle there problems by keeping it quiet. I get great support here. For those that rather not get involved should step from the thread.

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
What are the chances a simple update on the software can make this camera go from crap to amazing?

Very slim, unfortunately. The issue here that makes the titan camera good and the 900 not so much is the sensor itself. You see the titan, like the iPhone 4s, uses a BSI (back-side illumination) sensor, whereas the 800/900 uses a FSI (you guessed it; front-side illumination) sensor. BSI sensors have far-better low-light performance.

purefire

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I don't have any issues with my 900. none of them. No rattle. Nota. But over all photo quality is a bit crappy. nota going to lie

WPLuver

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
The Lumia 900 takes pathetic pics indoors. Outdoors with good light, its pretty good. Problem is that I take most of my pics indoors.. and thats where the IPhone 4S just shines.

Its very disappointing since I had heard so much about Nokia's cameras on the N8. Maybe Apple just overtook them in camera technology.

And I fine that more and more the camera is becoming an everyday tool rather than a nice-to-have. I use it to photograph the sign in the parking lot to remind me where I parked.. I use it to photograph prices at the showrooming places like Fry's and BestBuy :).. Come On NOKIA, you let us down!!:mad:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessiebention