Those of you who were on the fence about purchasing the 900 or undecided, will you now purchase it?

I was gonna buy it, but was going to wait to see what deals came about if I opened a line. Now with this offer, I will get it, just unsure if I'll open a line or buy it with the no-commitment pricing and sell my Focus S.
    04-11-2012 12:29 AM
    I was going to wait for the white one, but now, I'm trying to decide between the blue and the black.
    iRaNDrOiD likes this.
    04-11-2012 12:34 AM
    I was going to wait for the white one, but now, I'm trying to decide between the blue and the black.
    Lmfao... that was my other reason for waiting as well. Hopefully I'll be able to switch it out for the white if I do prefer it.
    04-11-2012 12:38 AM
    Yep, this $100 credit is making it mighty tempting... not interested in the White 900, but was thinking of waiting for the rumored Pure.
    04-11-2012 12:41 AM
    Lmfao... that was my other reason for waiting as well. Hopefully I'll be able to switch it out for the white if I do prefer it.

I asked on Nokia Conversations website if I could swap out for the white when it comes out, but I haven't gotten an answer yet. I doubt I will get an answer, since every exchange probably cost them money to get the phone refurbished.
    04-11-2012 12:45 AM
    Yeah, it's pushing me strongly to go ahead and pull the trigger. Though I still worry that it's basically the same phone I've already got. Won't have another update on our account till October, which will be fine to catch new Apollo goodness as it comes out, but inbetween now and then I've some interest in the one x and possibly the iphone 5. Though I've really come to appreciate the elegance of the wp interface and don't know that I could deal with iOS or android as my daily driver (i have a galaxy tab 10.1 that has pretty much replaced my laptop for everyday casual use and the family has an iPad and several iphone, so I have some experience with both). Android apps tend to look like they were designed by engineers (function above any sense of the aesthetic) and iOS is so locked down, need an app for everything. Really appreciate the hubs and the way things work with wp7.

The camera is what is really keeping me away. I worry that it's a step backwards from the camera on the focus. Seems they could've / should've done better. A bit more movement of the platform forward would've been nice instead of just a prettier packaged bunch of same.
    04-11-2012 12:54 AM
    I'm just wondering if I can get the AT&T store to waive the upgrade charge. If they will do it, it makes it close to the same price as the online prices.
    04-11-2012 12:54 AM
    Don't forget LTE (getting 18-20Mbps up /5Mbps down), Visual Voice Mail, FFC, faster processor, and a really well built phone, when comparing to Gen1 devices.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    04-11-2012 01:36 AM
    The camera is what is really keeping me away. I worry that it's a step backwards from the camera on the focus. Seems they could've / should've done better. A bit more movement of the platform forward would've been nice instead of just a prettier packaged bunch of same.
    If it makes you feel better, the camera is leagues beyond the Focus camera. The white balance issue is probably something they can tweak with an update. It isn't nearly as bad as ppl have made it out to be. I've been pleasantly surprises as I expected the camera to suck based on the early reviews.

Ther are better cameras on phones, but it's still a good camera.

04-11-2012 01:52 AM
    If it makes you feel better, the camera is leagues beyond the Focus camera. The white balance issue is probably something they can tweak with an update. It isn't nearly as bad as ppl have made it out to be. I've been pleasantly surprises as I expected the camera to suck based on the early reviews.

Ther are better cameras on phones, but it's still a good camera.

I was about to post and ask how the 900 camera compares to the Focus'. I'm already happy with my Focus' camera (besides low-light). If you say that it is "leagues" better then I think that will help my decision.
    04-11-2012 01:59 AM
    Not gonna lie...the credit did me in. I sooooo wanted better pricing on the Titan II w/that bigger screen and better camera.

I just hope I don't regret my decision. I just ordered the cyan color from Amazon. Guess I make $50 in service credit, yeah?
    04-11-2012 02:27 AM
    Not gonna lie...the credit did me in. I sooooo wanted better pricing on the Titan II w/that bigger screen and better camera.

I just hope I don't regret my decision. I just ordered the cyan color from Amazon. Guess I make $50 in service credit, yeah?
    I've started my order on Amazon, but now hesitant to lose my 2GB for $25, because now my only options are the 4G plans which cost more.
    04-11-2012 02:30 AM
    I've started my order on Amazon, but now hesitant to lose my 2GB for $25, because now my only options are the 4G plans which cost more.
    I think someone said you can call up AT&T and ask them to park your data plan. Then when you finish your order with Amazon, AT&T will replace Amazon's data plan with what you originally had.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/1643868-post10.htm
    ninjaap likes this.
    04-11-2012 02:33 AM
    I think someone said you can call up AT&T and ask them to park your data plan. Then when you finish your order with Amazon, AT&T will replace Amazon's data plan with what you originally had.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/1643868-post10.htm
    That's exactly what I was going to do, glad someone else have tried it already.

EDIT: Just got off the phone with ATT, they've notated my account and said to just remind the CS rep to switch back my data plan when I call to activate the phone. :)
    Last edited by ninjaap; 04-11-2012 at 02:43 AM.
    alpinestars1z likes this.
    04-11-2012 02:37 AM
    Currently, you can't beat $49.99 + $100 credit. That's almost criminal.
    04-11-2012 02:43 AM
    Almost... but why does it feel soooooo good???
    04-11-2012 02:45 AM
    Lol, what about the people who got the phone for free (I think it was some special deal) and are now going to get a $100 credit?
    04-11-2012 02:46 AM
    Don't remind me :(
    04-11-2012 02:51 AM
    GAH!!! My order was canceled, because Amazon couldn't get an upgrade verification from ATT. When I called ATT they said they were updating their upgrade "section". I guess I'll have to wait till the morning and call Amazon to make sure they don't charge me more than once if I go through the process again... :sad panda:
    04-11-2012 03:16 AM
    Well, I ordered the cyan from Amazon. I went to an ATT store intending to buy there. My only request of them was that they promise to wave the upgrade fee. I figured that would make it closer pricewise. Well, as you can see from the opening sentence, they wouldn't do it. I should have it Friday. :)
    04-11-2012 05:06 PM
    Well, I ordered the cyan from Amazon. I went to an ATT store intending to buy there. My only request of them was that they promise to wave the upgrade fee. I figured that would make it closer pricewise. Well, as you can see from the opening sentence, they wouldn't do it. I should have it Friday. :)
    Luckily I have AT&T premier through a deal with my employer so I don't get an activation fee, but I can't find the Cyan anywhere! Ordered one online from AT&T and they keep changing the shipping date on me.
    04-11-2012 06:12 PM
    The credit does make it very tempting, but I think I'm going to have to wait for Tango (or beyond).

I use my phone to track workouts (several times a week), and the lack of support for BT heart rate monitors is killing me. Sure, I could use a separate HRM, but I need that data into the workout file (GPX or otherwise).
    04-11-2012 09:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD