Lumia 900 or Microcell

Final-MacGyver

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
So I've had my phone now for about a week and I can't determine which is causing the issue. I have a Microcell because the signal in my home is 2 bars at best. The issue I'm having is ill,glance army phone and it will shows no service emergency call only, if I dial a number when it shows this it will think for a second then it dials out and it shows full bars. Then for a couple hours after that I have full service. But looking at it again a hour or two later it does the same thing. Any thoughts?

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
I tried a MicroCell last year, and as I had WiFi turned on in the house (connected to my Surround), didn't realize twice that I was disconnected from cellular for hours (once overnight), not able to receive calls. That only lasted two days. Returned. Too unreliable for me.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

fogel35

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Mine works fine with the MicroCell just notice that the battery life is diminished ( curse you for not having the no sleep wifi policy). Works rather flawlessly between handoffs etc. Battery life is a lot better when I am not ensconced in the MicroCell.

Nov 29, 2008
Visit site
I'm convinced the MicroCell is killing my battery life. The phone works flawlessly at all times but the battery drains amazingly quickly when on the MicroCell. I turned off the MicroCell and battery drain lessened significantly. Dropped my first call, but I had decent battery life. When out of the home/office battery life is quite good. Wonder if the update will fix this problem?

pderosa

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
Microcell definitely causes battery drain. My workaround has been to turn off cellular data when I am on it. It definitely improves the battery life. When I am out of the house, the battery life has been pretty good.

Ochowie84

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Microcell definitely causes battery drain. My workaround has been to turn off cellular data when I am on it. It definitely improves the battery life. When I am out of the house, the battery life has been pretty good.

Is this something with the Lumia specifically? I don't remember that being the case with my Titan.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro