Visual Voicemail on Rogers?

groovejumper

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Spent over half an hour on the phone with Rogers this morning, trying to find someone who could figure out how to provision VVM on the Lumia 900... Most of them had no clue.

But, I finally got someone who "thought" he knew what to do - he switched my old VVM add-on from the iPhone version to the non-iPhone version, and now they come through as MMS messages.

Is this right? It seems in other threads that the few folks who have it working on AT&T have an actual Voicemail tab beside the History tab in the phone app.

I don't. I wouldn't call MMS messages "Visual Voicemail". Anyone with Rogers have this working?

g.

Final-MacGyver

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Spent over half an hour on the phone with Rogers this morning, trying to find someone who could figure out how to provision VVM on the Lumia 900... Most of them had no clue.

But, I finally got someone who "thought" he knew what to do - he switched my old VVM add-on from the iPhone version to the non-iPhone version, and now they come through as MMS messages.

Is this right? It seems in other threads that the few folks who have it working on AT&T have an actual Voicemail tab beside the History tab in the phone app.

I don't. I wouldn't call MMS messages "Visual Voicemail". Anyone with Rogers have this working?

g.

I have mine working on AT&T and it has a seperate tab next to the history, not mms for me.

mayoo

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I had the same issue with rogers and guess what i did .. i simply called my own voicemail and went over the whole setup process and now i got it working.. basically its coming as .amr attachment in a text and i can play it ..

Rep said Lumia 900 is too new for them lol and there are no docs for them to help me out :( ..

groovejumper

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I have mine working on AT&T and it has a seperate tab next to the history, not mms for me.
Thanks - that's what I thought. This means one of two things, either are extremely possible:

1. The techs I spoke to don't know what they're talking about, and don't know how to set this up.
2. Rogers hasn't figured out how to enable this yet.

Still hoping someone on Rogers has this working? If that's the case I'd just need to find the right Rogers tech, and tell them the right plan option to put me on.

g.

groovejumper

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I had the same issue with rogers and guess what i did .. i simply called my own voicemail and went over the whole setup process and now i got it working.. basically its coming as .amr attachment in a text and i can play it ..

Rep said Lumia 900 is too new for them lol and there are no docs for them to help me out :( ..

Yes, I have that working too. But all that is is voicemail copies to MMS, I wouldn't call that Visual Voicemail, and the folks on AT&T who have it working wouldn't either...

g.

mayoo

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I have that working too. But all that is is voicemail copies to MMS, I wouldn't call that Visual Voicemail, and the folks on AT&T who have it working wouldn't either...

g.

Ur correct .. it should come as a separate tab next to history .. called rogers again and they said sorry not supported .. yet ..

btw can you at least see the voice mail icon on the main screen under rogers tile ? for me that's not coming either :(

Last edited:

groovejumper

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Ur correct .. it should come as a separate tab next to history .. called rogers again and they said sorry not supported .. yet ..

btw can you at least see the voice mail icon on the main screen under rogers tile ? for me that's not coming either :(

Ach, come on Rogers, is it really that difficult???

Re: voicemail icon - do you mean a whole separate tile? No, I don't see that. I do see a voicemail icon on the phone tile, between the phone icon and the ROGERS text at the bottom. And when I tap the phone tile, the first icon (for voicemail) has a 1 above it, I'm assuming it means the phone thinks I have 1 voicemail. Which I don't - I had one that I left for myself while trying to get this figured out, but I then deleted it. Without ACTUAL VVM, I wonder whether it'll be stuck like that forever...

g.

mayoo

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Ach, come on Rogers, is it really that difficult???

Re: voicemail icon - do you mean a whole separate tile? No, I don't see that. I do see a voicemail icon on the phone tile, between the phone icon and the ROGERS text at the bottom. And when I tap the phone tile, the first icon (for voicemail) has a 1 above it, I'm assuming it means the phone thinks I have 1 voicemail. Which I don't - I had one that I left for myself while trying to get this figured out, but I then deleted it. Without ACTUAL VVM, I wonder whether it'll be stuck like that forever...

g.

Lucky u i dont even get the VM Icon under Rogers :( ..

Bifurcated

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I just got mine. Visual voicemail is working out of the box. Comes through as an MMS, has both text and voice available. Maybe not as pretty as the AT&T solution, but I'm very happy.

mayoo

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I just got mine. Visual voicemail is working out of the box. Comes through as an MMS, has both text and voice available. Maybe not as pretty as the AT&T solution, but I'm very happy.
Ya thats not it .. beware rogers may charge u extra for MMS .. Visual Voicemail should be another tab next to History under ur phone app

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett