Rogers: anyone succeeded in getting the 900 as an upgrade?

Bifurcated

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone managed to get a 900 as an upgrade from Rogers? I am due an upgrade, but the My Rogers web site is not listing the 900 under the list of phones I am eligible to receive. (It does include the Razr and Galaxy 2S, so I'm definitely eligible for an upgrade.) When I've phoned Rogers, they also say the 900 isn't listed.

So has anyone managed to get a 900 as an upgrade rather than a new purchase or full-price purchase?

groovejumper

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone managed to get a 900 as an upgrade from Rogers? I am due an upgrade, but the My Rogers web site is not listing the 900 under the list of phones I am eligible to receive. (It does include the Razr and Galaxy 2S, so I'm definitely eligible for an upgrade.) When I've phoned Rogers, they also say the 900 isn't listed.

So has anyone managed to get a 900 as an upgrade rather than a new purchase or full-price purchase?
I did - though I did it through a device reservation/pre-order, now that's it's officially released I don't think you can do that anymore. Calling Rogers can be a crapshoot, I usually try to figure out if I have a knowledgable rep within the first few seconds of the call, if not I tell them I'll call back later.

I bet if you get the right person, you can direct them to their website where the Lumia's listed for sale and they might be able to figure out how they can sell it to you.

Good luck!

PS: It's a nice phone, worth an extra couple of calls to get it.

mayoo

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I got it as well .. just called them .. you have to pay 149 + tax and then get $50 credited when you submit the voucher. i did all at the rogers store

Bifurcated

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
So to put a cap on this - I got mine today. I spent about an hour in the store as they phoned all over Rogers to get permission to give me the upgrade without nuking my legacy plan. (I have one of those 6 GB data plans that aren't currently available.) But it's done!

It was the only Lumia 900 in the store, hidden in the back. Apparently they were saving it for one of the staff members who wanted to buy it himself. I imagine that'll be one pissed off staff guy!

mayoo

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
So to put a cap on this - I got mine today. I spent about an hour in the store as they phoned all over Rogers to get permission to give me the upgrade without nuking my legacy plan. (I have one of those 6 GB data plans that aren't currently available.) But it's done!

It was the only Lumia 900 in the store, hidden in the back. Apparently they were saving it for one of the staff members who wanted to buy it himself. I imagine that'll be one pissed off staff guy!

Good make sure ur on LTE plan .. simple check .. try internet sharing .. it should work out of the box ..

groovejumper

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Do you need a special LTE plan? It's irrelevant to me right now because there isn't LTE service where I live.

I think that's a misunderstanding going around right now. I do NOT have an LTE plan - I have the same data plan that I had before my upgrade (from an iPhone 4). Not an LTE data plan, and I'm not in an LTE area.

Internet sharing works just fine for me.

g.

v10type-r

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
I just picked up my Lumia 900 today. I had to call around a few stores to find one.. the call center said they were out of stock otherwise they would've sent me one.

I had my Samsung Focus for 1.5 yrs on a 3yr plan. I ended up getting a new plan (cheaper with more data 6GB vs my old 500MB) and they sold me the phone for $99.

I am assuming that Rogers/Nokia will be contacting new Lumia buyers with the $100 credit? or will we have to inquire about it to get it?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers