Phone will switch to 4G, and never goes back to LTE until restart.

Kon-Aitor

Sep 17, 2007
Visit site
Does anyone else have this problem, or is it something related to the dropped data issue people are having. I am not sure since I don't actually loose my data connection.

For me it seems that once the phone goes to "4G" as in HSPA+ it will stay that way until I turn it off and back on, at which point it connects to LTE... Then at some point it falls back to 4G and the cycle repeats.

Has anyone else noticed this?

I wonder if this would be addressed in the patch...

jb20

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
It happened to me once . I live in NYC and it was when I came out of the subway. I also had to power down the phone to reconnect to LTE.

I havent been on the subway since so I cant tell if the issue will repeat itself.

Adiliyo

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
this happens to me a lot too, the phone is really good about handing off to hspa from LTE, but hates jumping on to LTE.

it might be due to the phone trying to save battery life (hspa radio is less power hungry than LTE) and could also be due to the quick implementation of LTE into the windows phone OS.

hopefully it's fixed or at least improved in the coming update next week.

Kon-Aitor

Sep 17, 2007
Visit site
I think my issue was actually related to the data loss, when i first restarted my phone I was at home and had WIFI, when I did it at work, I had no more data :(

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3