Anyone's 900 locking up?

jfreiman

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
This has happened to me, but I think it was when I used the voice command. After using the voice command the phone would not wake up, and had to hold down the power button until the phone rebooted. This happened twice in one day, but hasn't happened at all if I'm not using voice commands.

Sounds like we are "beta testers!" :-D

I came from a Focus S and have noticed many 'quirks' of the L900 that I never had on my Focus S. :-/

NeighbrhoodPush

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
ive had the same issue too. from day one it shut off by itself. i thought it was cause i hadnt charged it fully so i waited a few days before i went to an ATT store to exchange the phone, within those fews days it shut off on me about 10-15 times total. went to the store and there were no cyans to replace mine with. so went home dl the update and i thought it would help the issue but about 20 mins later it shut off again. i do however have some good news i havent had a shut down since friday evening and its sunday late afternoon now, im still gonna exchange it for a new one either way.

Hector1van

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
ive had the same issue too. from day one it shut off by itself. i thought it was cause i hadnt charged it fully so i waited a few days before i went to an ATT store to exchange the phone, within those fews days it shut off on me about 10-15 times total. went to the store and there were no cyans to replace mine with. so went home dl the update and i thought it would help the issue but about 20 mins later it shut off again. i do however have some good news i havent had a shut down since friday evening and its sunday late afternoon now, im still gonna exchange it for a new one either way.
I was talking on the phone with low battery when the phone stopped working. Now the phone wont start. It just gets stuck in the att screen. I charged for four hours and still locks up on the att screen. phone unresponsive, wont enter download mode, wont reset. It is a Brick.

riot9

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Me too

I am so frustrated. I had a 900 that would lose data until you pop out the sim (yes, even after the patch), so they sent a replacement that had this problem with the random freeze/no wake up problem.

I got it replaced, and this new one does it too!

This is so incredibly frustrating! For me it seems to happen after actually using the device. It will stay running through the night, and most of the day, until I use it. If I spend a miinute or two reading feeds or news, then put it down next to me, it'll be locked up the next time I pick it up, even if it's just seconds later.

We've had like five 600s now (first was stolen, and each one after that has had a hardware defect), but only the last two have had this problem. My Titan and Omnia 7 never had this either.

Last edited:

riot9

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
It's been a while since this thread has been active, does anyone have any updates on their problem? Did you all get replacements, or find some solution to the problem?

Hector1van

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
I was talking on the phone with low battery when the phone stopped working. Now the phone wont start. It just gets stuck in the att screen. I charged for four hours and still locks up on the att screen. phone unresponsive, wont enter download mode, wont reset. It is a Brick.

On my fourth Nokia Lumia 900 had it replaced three times already. Good Phone, wont charge if let go completely without charge.

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Mine locked up and froze up for the first time, uninstalled and reinstalled board express and it was good

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Kredrian

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
I have had one lockup, right after a phone call. Other than that it has been ok.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Mess11MVP

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Mine locks up

My Nokia 900 Lumia has been doing this for over a month now. Every time I bring it to AT&T repair it is working and they say they cannot do anything about it until they see it happen. I have been there three times already. It is unpredictable and can last up to two hours. The soft reset of the volume and power buttons does not always work. It is very frustrating!!

aftershockEWS

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Re: Mine locks up

I bought my 900 back in October of 2012. Just yesterday it started to freeze after locking the screen. I would have to hold the power button down for 10 seconds and force it to reboot. I have reset the phone through the settings and by powering up while holding the camera and volume down key. None worked.
I had my old Samsung Focus reactivated while I wait for a replacement.
Phone still has 7.5 OS.

weaksauce27

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I had weird issues when I turn on my phone and slide up to unlock just freezes. Just had to press lock button again then slide it up for it to work normally.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb