Anyone's 900 locking up?

JetLife87

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Is anyone having a problem where their screen won't turn on when they pull their lumia out of their pocket?

The first day it probably happened 3 or 4 times and my lumia has locked up about once per day since then. The screen wont turn on and holding the power button won't turn the phone on either. I have to hold both volume buttons and the power button for like 10 seconds and then the phone will turn on. At first I really thought it was a firmware issue but since Nokia hasn't mentioned anything about this in their data connection update post I am becoming less confident.

Anyone else have any issues with locking up?

I have a cyan model that was made in Korea

techygeek82

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone having a problem where their screen won't turn on when they pull their lumia out of their pocket?

The first day it probably happened 3 or 4 times and my lumia has locked up about once per day since then. The screen wont turn on and holding the power button won't turn the phone on either. I have to hold both volume buttons and the power button for like 10 seconds and then the phone will turn on. At first I really thought it was a firmware issue but since Nokia hasn't mentioned anything about this in their data connection update post I am becoming less confident.

I haven't experienced that myself (Black L900, Made in Korea).

Also, who knows, just because it wasn't mentioned in their update on conversations, doesn't mean it's not connected. Though it doesn't me it is connected either. I know, I know, this doesn't help. Them describing a 'memory' type of issue could have a varying number of affects on the device, just the one everyone notices is the data one since - lets face it, we use our phones more for data than talking. ;-) (General statement).

I'd say if you're having those kinds of problems, try returning it to the store and see what happens. Otherwise, wait it out and see what happens after the patch gets pushed.

JetLife87

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Check the bugs sticky. Someone may have posted there. Easier than starting a separate thread.

Thanks, I have checked that thread.

Seeing as it has no reports. I figured I'd get some actual confirmations from people, either yes they are or no they aren't having the issue. Assuming that no one has had the problem because no one has mentioned it yet is not as useful.

Making this thread was pretty easy though; hard to believe getting answers on the Internet has the potential to be even easier..

moc426

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
I don't have any issue like that, it only didn't boot the first day when I let the battery drain to 0. It wouldn't boot when I plugged it in, apparently it needs a couple of minutes of charging before it can boot again, it would turn on and show a battery charging but wouldn't proceed to boot.

LittleWhiteRock

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
A google search brought me here. I am having the exact same problem! The phone locks up multiple times a day. I just got it yesterday, and had to do the hard reset about 10 times yesterday and about 5 times today.

I was wondering if it was related to the "data connection" bug but it doesn't sound like it.

levelbest

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Same issue here - about ready to take it back. Literally started 20 minutes after I left the store. Also had a self reboot as well. First experience with ATT... great.....

apoc527

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
Any phone that locks up and reboots is a lemon. However, keep in mind that this happens with every manufacturer. I went through 2 iPhone 3Gs before getting one that didn't have weird issues.

levelbest

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
I'd agree but when it happens in multiple users - bad firmware or bad device batches may be to blame. Good to document anyway. Most stores around here don't have much stock.

LittleWhiteRock

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
"Locking up" is probably not the right phrase for it. It goes to sleep, and then when you press the power button to bring it back to life, nothing happens. The phone is unresponsive until you do a hard reset. Totally sucks.

jb20

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
"Locking up" is probably not the right phrase for it. It goes to sleep, and then when you press the power button to bring it back to life, nothing happens. The phone is unresponsive until you do a hard reset. Totally sucks.

Happened to me as well today. I was listening to music and once the song ended. Everything locked up. Had to hold the volume button and power button to reboot. I'm hopping its isolated.

JetLife87

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
same exact thing with me today, locked up after a song finished. I thought the album was over.

Gee I sure am glad I made this thread instead of relying on the "bugs thread" just wish it wouldn't have been so difficult to start the thread. =P

slewis41

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
This has happened to me, but I think it was when I used the voice command. After using the voice command the phone would not wake up, and had to hold down the power button until the phone rebooted. This happened twice in one day, but hasn't happened at all if I'm not using voice commands.

JetLife87

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
If anyone exchanges their phone and no longer has the problem please update us!

I was thinking of exchanging it tomorrow but I really don't want one that was made in Mexico. I also fear I will get one with a dead pixel.

And my final fear of getting everything back on it and the way I like it and it do the same thing because it was a software issue.

EpidemikE

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
Finsihed the update, the phone rebooted and came up and everything was great.

About 15 minutes later when I went to wake the phone via the lock, the screen was just dead. Phone is on chiming and vibrating and the lock button does work but the screen is just not waking up to display anything.

Touchscreen is working.

jfreiman

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site

Yea, my L900 was picking up, kicking me out of games/apps.

I took my phone in and swapped it with a new one and, 'knock on wood' I have not had any issues!

jfreiman

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I bought my phone online and its locking up as well, can I exchange this at a att store or do I have call and have another one sent?

you can exchange it in the store. Make sure they know that it was purchased online.

Telling them that will save them time looking for your order and if you change model color will be free. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb