View Poll Results: How is your battery life with medium usage?

Voters
153. You may not vote on this poll
  • Great! (12+ hours)

93 60.78%
  • Ok (8-12 hours)

38 24.84%
  • Poor! (1-8 hours)

22 14.38%
05-15-2012 08:25 AM
220 ... 23456 ...
tools
    So my Lumia 900 (Cyan, fyi! heh ) is doing great.

I still have unlimited data, so yesterday off the battery I watched 30 min of netflix (On 4G), downloaded ~1 gig of music off of my Zune pass, and about 2 gigs of apps/games (installed a bunch of Nokia maps). These downloads were over WiFi. I texted a lot (subjective), talked on the phone for 47 minutes. And did about 3 dozen bing searches and a good 30 minutes worth of browsing (over 4G). As well as playing maybe 30 minutes of gaming and 60 minutes of other app use.

I took the phone off the charge are 7 am, when I put it back on the charger at 11:30pm I looked at the diag tool I was at 35%.

I have Push notification on for 2 emails accounts. I have 2 extra live tiles on the start screen that are not there by default.

I have WiFi on all the time. Bluetooth off.
    Auto brightness, works good for me. Dark Theme.

Some notes on saving battery. Most of your battery usage (when not using the phone) comes from the quality of your cell reception! Low cell reception requires higher battery usage. I get excellent reception where I am at.

Also, things to turn off to save battery (that I have) and other various settings.
    Turning off Key Press sound will save a tiny about of battery.
    Lock screen time-out is at 30 secs.

Find my Phone is turned on, but the settings to work faster are turned off (save battery, saves a lot of battery if you have poor connection).

Phone update is not set to check over cellular.
    Feedback does not send cellular data to send info! This might be critical!
    If you are opted in the bing searches, pictures, etc etc to send the info to Microsoft, this could be wasting a lot of battery!
    04-13-2012 08:46 AM
    Okay, I unplugged it two hours ago and I'm at 95%.
    V: 4.081
    I: ~100mA with a temp raise to ~175mA as it was downloading an email over Wi-Fi.
    04-13-2012 09:01 AM
    Well I'm getting much better battery life today now that my phone automatically fixed itself. (Was problem free until Tuesday, Data bug hit, battery drain hit). Last night the phone just randomly rebooted itself and the data bug was gone and battery is better.

I'm seeing a bigger difference today. So hopefully Monday comes quick and fixes it for all.
    04-13-2012 09:26 AM
    I am also on the MicroCell and I my phone seems to be draining pretty fast with little to no use. I have just made 3 or 4 quick phone calls.

4 Hours into the day I am below 70% which is terrible coming from the iphone 4 where I would go the entire day with pretty heavy use and end the day over 40-60% (Although I did not have the Iphone hooked up to Microcell)

I may undo Microcell and see how that does for the battery life.
    04-13-2012 10:00 AM
    I put on auto brightness today. It has been about 1 1/2 hours since charging it and at 93%...oh BTW I HATE AUTO BRIGHTNESS! It takes forever to detect if it needs to get brighter or not...I can be reading something and 6 seconds in, it finally gets brighter...
    04-13-2012 10:45 AM
    88% now...better then yesterday but that is a 5% drain on zero usage.
    04-13-2012 12:18 PM
    I charged my Lumia 900 to 100 percent I took off it the charger rebooted 3 times and the battery time left still said 8 hours...even after I turned off data. I factory reset again and after a few reboots to get data connected again, my battery level now says 1 day, 12 hours. I'll have to keep track of what I'm installing here. I think I had it doing too much and the battery level limit got stuck in memory....I can't wait for that update...If I still have these problems then I got a lemon and I'll need a replacement.
    04-13-2012 12:40 PM
    I am also on the MicroCell and I my phone seems to be draining pretty fast with little to no use. I have just made 3 or 4 quick phone calls.

4 Hours into the day I am below 70% which is terrible coming from the iphone 4 where I would go the entire day with pretty heavy use and end the day over 40-60% (Although I did not have the Iphone hooked up to Microcell)

I may undo Microcell and see how that does for the battery life.
    Since the microcell is 3G only and the phone is LTE capable may have something to do with the battery drain in microcell..If you have decent coverage at home without microcell, I suggest you unplug it..remember this is not iPhone, so your need for microcell should be reevaluated. :)

I personally think you get best out of the battery when the brightness setting is automatic. If you choose to do manual, it is not fair to blame the phone for faster drain..my personal opinion.
    04-13-2012 12:46 PM
    This is strange. I wonder if there's a Microcell where I work, because the batter shouldn't be down to 80% (from 100%) this morning in 4 hours with minimal usage. Is there any way to find out whether there is or not? Are Microcells specific to certain carriers?
    04-13-2012 12:56 PM
    This is strange. I wonder if there's a Microcell where I work, because the batter shouldn't be down to 80% (from 100%) this morning in 4 hours with minimal usage. Is there any way to find out whether there is or not? Are Microcells specific to certain carriers?
    If you're on a microcell the phone tile on the home screen should say AT&T Microcell instead of just AT&T.
    04-13-2012 01:03 PM
    For a week now I have been getting great battery life, on average im getting over 40 hours with moderate use, this includes exchange set to check every 5 minutes, Zune at the gym for 90 minutes a day, endomondo for an hour while running (this is if im not at the gym), random phone calls while at work (some lasted 30 min or so), since delivery day ive done about 800 text messages, and I'm also on LTE 95% of that time. I absolutely love the battery on my 900, out performs my Galaxy S2 without a doubt.
    04-13-2012 02:12 PM
    If you're on a microcell the phone tile on the home screen should say AT&T Microcell instead of just AT&T.
    Ah ok. I'm on an MVNO (Red Pocket) and it never says anything besides that, so I guess I'm not on a Microcell. Thanks.
    04-13-2012 02:20 PM
    For a week now I have been getting great battery life, on average im getting over 40 hours with moderate use, this includes exchange set to check every 5 minutes, Zune at the gym for 90 minutes a day, endomondo for an hour while running (this is if im not at the gym), random phone calls while at work (some lasted 30 min or so), since delivery day ive done about 800 text messages, and I'm also on LTE 95% of that time. I absolutely love the battery on my 900, out performs my Galaxy S2 without a doubt.
    :dry
    04-13-2012 02:44 PM
    40 hours? I seriously have a hard time believing that lol. , I can turn on battery saver, turn off data, and still can't get that, that's with no phone calls and some texting. No live tiles or anything

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    04-13-2012 02:49 PM
    This is including sleep, so lets say 16 hours are from when im sleeping. I got 49 hours once, but i had no phone calls that charge and it was at 5% when i went to sleep and at 1% when i woke up which dinged me 49 hours. Im not a heavy user and only charge my phone when its around 2% or less. But not once have I not gotten atleast 36 hours of use out of it, with the exception of the first day, i just burned the battery down asap to do a full charge.
    04-13-2012 03:00 PM
    62% and it has been 7 hours of pretty much no use....
    04-13-2012 04:18 PM
    Battery drain about twice as fast as my Blackberry 9900. I'm in a conference all this week with both phones and the BB has saved my butt big time.
    04-13-2012 04:19 PM
    35% after 10 hours

used web heavily, light GPS, moderate email, text, Facebook and moderate talk.
    04-13-2012 04:54 PM
    35% after 10 hours

used web heavily, light GPS, moderate email, text, Facebook and moderate talk.
    I would say that is good.
    04-13-2012 05:51 PM
    Woke up to go to school at 7 am and had 20% left by 10 pm. Calculating time left I would have gotten 17 hours of battery life. This is using HSPA+ and medium to high usage (2 phone calls, apps, 4 minute video, pictures, texting, etc)
    04-13-2012 06:10 PM
    Update now out! Download it and lets see if the battery gets fixed!

http://www.windowscentral.com/nokia-...pdate-now-live
    04-13-2012 06:17 PM
    My battery life seems better since the update. We'll see how it goes in the next 24 hours.
    04-13-2012 10:30 PM
    I think I am just spoiled by the battery life on my lumia 800. After 12hours of use, I am usually around 60%. With the 900, around 20%. I just hope the update helps the battery life out or I am taking it back
    04-14-2012 02:59 AM
    My battery seems just fine. Damn thing charges slow as **** compared to my iPhone but no complaints with our phones.
    04-14-2012 07:23 AM
    Ah ok. I'm on an MVNO (Red Pocket) and it never says anything besides that, so I guess I'm not on a Microcell. Thanks.
    I use straight talk and when on the microcel it says Roam
    04-14-2012 09:43 AM
220 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD