View Poll Results: How is your battery life with medium usage?

Voters
153. You may not vote on this poll
  • Great! (12+ hours)

93 60.78%
  • Ok (8-12 hours)

38 24.84%
  • Poor! (1-8 hours)

22 14.38%
05-15-2012 09:25 AM
220 ... 45678 ...
tools
    20 hours off the charger playing with it a lot, still has 25% left and says 4 hours to go (don't know about that).

I am happy, specially coming from Androids.
    04-15-2012 04:05 PM
    So my battery has improved. I took it off the charger 6 hours ago and at 66% on medium use. I know this still isn't great, but much improved. I might do a complete reset again to see if it helps like it did for MrTimSmith
    04-15-2012 06:44 PM
    Okay, did a hard reset and wiped my phone. Didn't expect it to accomplish much but I figured if I have to replace the phone I'll be starting over again anyway. Well, as of right now. That appears to have fixed the problem. Not sure why but I'm not complaining. Hopefully it sticks. :blush:

Click to view quoted image
    Just because it says you have longer battery doesn't mean it won't drain fast. Let me know if it really did help. I factory reset my phone twice before the update and don't really want to for the 3rd time unless it really does help.
    04-15-2012 06:45 PM
    I don't know what's normal for WP7 so I'm comparing it to my iPhone 4.

I have a AT&T Microcell and I've been home all day so whenever I surf the web, I use wifi.

I tested the percentage drop today after charging it to 100% and unplugging it last night. It dropped to 90% after being off the charger for 7 1/2 hours. My iPhone drops to 96% after the same amount of time.

After the overnight test, I charged it again to 96% and have been surfing the web off and on (about 5-8mins for each session at a frequency of 4 internet sessions an hour). I have done this for about 2 hours and my battery life is now at 85%.

I'm use to a pretty good battery life of the iPhone and I can live with the fact that other OS's can't achieve the iPhone battery life due to live tiles/widgets but I'd like to know if this is normal for WP7 and the Lumia 900?
    04-15-2012 06:50 PM
    Just because it says you have longer battery doesn't mean it won't drain fast. Let me know if it really did help. I factory reset my phone twice before the update and don't really want to for the 3rd time unless it really does help.
    I took it off the charger at 9:00am (it's 8:12pm right now as I'm typing this) and with heavy usage, it's at 52% battery now. Saturday morning it was dead after much less time. So I think it's resolved.
    04-15-2012 09:14 PM
    I'm thrilled with my battery life on the Lumia 900 now. Unplugged at 8:00am ...It's now 11:15pm and I'm at 30% with moderate to heavy use all day. No data or battery issues at all now. I guess the update is a winner for me.

Update: going to bed finally and checked the Lumia 900 battery level...going on 18 hours... 20% left.
    Last edited by gaiking; 04-16-2012 at 01:52 AM.
    04-15-2012 11:16 PM
    Before the update I almost returned my phone because on 3 separate occasions after charging my phone all day while I slept the battery would drain itself down to around 40-45% within one hour of taking it off the charger. That was with the phone locked almost the entire time, once I even had it in battery saver mode. I did a factory reset before doing the update and haven't had the issue since. Tonight after 8 hours at work I listened to around 2 hours of mp3 watched an episode of King of the Hill on Netflix at lunch sent about a dozen texts and probably a couple hours web browsing I still have 36% charge. I'm impressed. I used to have to plug in my iPhone 3g about 4-5 hours into the day.
    04-16-2012 05:25 AM
    Okay, did a hard reset and wiped my phone. Didn't expect it to accomplish much but I figured if I have to replace the phone I'll be starting over again anyway. Well, as of right now. That appears to have fixed the problem. Not sure why but I'm not complaining. Hopefully it sticks. :blush:

Click to view quoted image
    The remaining time is an estimate based an algorithm designed to figure out your typical usage. A more telling sign would be that you took it off the charger "less than an hour" ago and have dropped 5% already. And since 100/5=20, if your usage stays constant, your phone will last "less than" 20 hours at that rate.
    04-16-2012 07:47 AM
    Overnight my Lumia went from 100% to 74%. My iPhone normally might go from 100% to 96% overnight. What's going on?
    04-16-2012 09:24 AM
    Down to 66% since my last post and barely used the phone.
    04-16-2012 09:54 AM
    The remaining time is an estimate based an algorithm designed to figure out your typical usage. A more telling sign would be that you took it off the charger "less than an hour" ago and have dropped 5% already. And since 100/5=20, if your usage stays constant, your phone will last "less than" 20 hours at that rate.
    Well, yes and no. On my Surround, battery would drop from 100 to 85% without doing much of anything. But the next 15% drop would take 2 to 3 times longer to drop down. So the numbers themselves are not all that important. It is more in understanding differences. Like drop over 6 hours with WiFi on/off. Always need to star at the same point though.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    04-16-2012 10:25 AM
    The remaining time left is a guestimation based upon your previous usage. The best way for that to be accurate is to just use your phone normally for several days. Just because it says only three hours left doesn't mean you have that exact time. You have more or less base on what you're doing.
    04-16-2012 11:28 AM
    took my phone off the charger at 1030 am only put it on at 9 am after the gym, full service 4G and wifi screen on auto, been texting all day with 4 different people, showed my phone off with all functions for a good half hour, used my board express app, wpcentral app, facebook, twitter and email at least 50 times. It is now 744pm battery is at 70% 22 hours remaining time since last charge 8.5 hours.
    Excellent battery life
    how in holy **** are you getting such amazing battery life?
    04-16-2012 07:17 PM
    Getting pretty good battery life today. Took it off the charger at 9:15am, and 10.5 hours later I'm at 65% left. Granted, my usage was fairly light, but did include some light browsing, some WhatsApp, a little Twitter, and 1 or 2 phone calls. The phone is on wifi all day with 2 email accounts syncing every 15 minutes and only AccuWeather, WhatsApp, and Tango running in the background.
    04-16-2012 07:42 PM
    I get well over a day with moderate use typically (7am to midnight and still juice left), and have gone well over 36hrs before (with less use obviously). 5 email accounts syncing, business & personal use, browsing, searching, dialing, calling ect. Don't play many games but would still be able to last a full day with moderate wordament ect.

Overall been impressed with the battery life. I wasn't expecting much.
    04-16-2012 08:12 PM
    Too early to tell for sure, but it seems like I might be getting slightly worse battery life since I did the update.

I know that can't be right, but when I first got the phone, pre-update, I would run it with WiFi on 24/7 and I used it moderately-heavy because it's new and I was playing a lot, and then I would generally get home and still have about 25% battery life left at around 7-8 pm.

Since I did the update, I found I was down to 35% by the end of the workday today after leaving the house with a full charge and only very light use today.

Somethings definitely up... just not sure what. I'll keep watching to see if there's any sort of pattern there. I was happy with the battery life the way it was and I didn't have any data connection loss issues before the update anyway. I'm almost wishing I had waited on the update.
    04-16-2012 08:34 PM
    My battery is 50% now after work. Much improved.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    04-16-2012 08:55 PM
    I think the big differentiation is talk time, how many people actually talk on their phones a lot instead of just texting/browsing. I've had all day great battery life with light usage and then terrible battery life after several hours of conference calls where I had to charge in the afternoon.
    04-17-2012 12:48 AM
    Monday's info

5 relatively short phone calls, blue tooth streaming audio for maybe two hours, two hours of web surfing, various e-mail checks/texting throughout the day, basically standard usage for me minus any long phone calls equal:

Time since last charge: 19 hours
    Estimated time remaining: 2 hours
    Remaining battery life: 15%

Geez I need to go to bed. :P
    04-17-2012 05:24 AM
    I unplugged my phpne from the charger at 10 am this morning and my phone is dying currently right now, at 4:22 pm. I don't understand it. My iphone was still at 40-50% battery at night when I went to bed.
    04-17-2012 04:23 PM
    I unplugged my phpne from the charger at 10 am this morning and my phone is dying currently right now, at 4:22 pm. I don't understand it. My iphone was still at 40-50% battery at night when I went to bed.
    You can always try resetting it and then adding nothing extra to it (nothing that syncs beyond your default live account set to every hour maybe). Just use it for calls and texting all day, then you'll have established a baseline. If your battery life was still terrible and you didn't spend hours on the phone talking, then maybe you have a battery issue. If it was good, then start adding in your custom things to try to track down how you use the most battery doing whatever it is you do. Could be an app you like, could be your sync schedules, it could just be your signal quality in the areas you frequent.
    04-17-2012 04:26 PM
    I don't know what the update did to my battery life (it was fine before, but now it's stellar), but I haven't charged it in 1 day and 7 hours and it's at 19%. Knock on wood!
    04-17-2012 05:20 PM
    My battery is back to ok...at 40% now on medium use. I really don't want to factory reset for the 4th time.
    04-17-2012 07:24 PM
    My battery life is back to 12 hours after a full charge instead of one day and 12 hours. Has to be an app but I can't figure out what it is so I have to look into it. This is frustrating as ****. A couple apps shouldn't remove a day from the battery life.
    04-17-2012 11:53 PM
    My battery life is back to 12 hours after a full charge instead of one day and 12 hours. Has to be an app but I can't figure out what it is so I have to look into it. This is frustrating as ****. A couple apps shouldn't remove a day from the battery life.
    Check your Facebook app. My battery life improved a bit after disabling toast and push notifications. My Facebook live tile is basically just a shortcut to the app now. Considering the "Me" tile gives me Facebook notifications, having the Facebook app running in the background is a little redundant IMO.
    04-18-2012 12:20 AM
220 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD