View Poll Results: How is your battery life with medium usage?

Voters
153. You may not vote on this poll
  • Great! (12+ hours)

93 60.78%
  • Ok (8-12 hours)

38 24.84%
  • Poor! (1-8 hours)

22 14.38%
05-15-2012 09:25 AM
220 ... 56789
tools
    My battery life is back to 12 hours after a full charge instead of one day and 12 hours. Has to be an app but I can't figure out what it is so I have to look into it. This is frustrating as ****. A couple apps shouldn't remove a day from the battery life.
    Are you talking about real battery life or the guestimation under battery saver? Because that number fluctuates with your usage patterns and probably takes days to level out.
    04-18-2012 12:39 AM
    18 hours since my last charge, still have about 17% left.

Did like 1 hour of browsing, 2 hours of talk time, 30 mins of gaming, sent 30 text messages.

I guess this is considered light usage.
    04-18-2012 01:39 AM
    I'll do a test tomorrow after work and give a rundown. But I already know the battery lasts much longer than my MyTouch. Fell asleep while using board express earlier this afternoon, woke up and my battery hardly budged. Had it been the MyTouch, it would've died
    04-18-2012 01:49 AM
    Are you talking about real battery life or the guestimation under battery saver? Because that number fluctuates with your usage patterns and probably takes days to level out.
    Well I pay attention to the estimate and while it shouldn't fluctuate an entire day away, I'm talking about battery percentage. Last night from 5:00pm to 7:00pm with little to no usage it went from 70% to 40%. This morning after 20 minutes of being off the charger it's already down to 95% and I haven't even used it.
    04-18-2012 08:40 AM
    Ok. I found some problems with the battery that other people might be experiencing.
    1. phone gets hot or warm when your not even using it.
    2. On the diagnostics app, my phone is discharging at 400ma and over consistently.
    3. When scrolling on the home screen, the phone lags showing the picture of the live tile.

All of this has been happening to me before and after the update. At this rate my battery drained to 65% in one hour. Im in an LTE zone but I use WiFi all day.
    04-18-2012 12:45 PM
    I went to AT&T yesterday and got a new phone...lets see if this one works.
    04-19-2012 01:52 PM
    So far the new phones battery is noticeably better. My battery lasted the whole day yesterday on Medium usage and plugged it in at midnight at 29% battery left. I am on my second day...lets see how it goes.

FYI

I talked to a rep at the AT&T store and he said 4 out of the 15 promo phones there employees got had bad battery life...so just exchange your phone...it was no hassle.
    04-20-2012 12:39 PM
    So far the new phones battery is noticeably better. My battery lasted the whole day yesterday on Medium usage and plugged it in at midnight at 29% battery left. I am on my second day...lets see how it goes.

FYI

I talked to a rep at the AT&T store and he said 4 out of the 15 promo phones there employees got had bad battery life...so just exchange your phone...it was no hassle.
    I'd like to see where it's at after three or four days. Seems to be around that time when mine took a dive.
    04-20-2012 01:43 PM
    Remaining: 39%
    Estimated time remaining: 11 Hours
    Time since last charge: 1 day 14 hours

Usage:
    Talk Time: ~80min
    Zune: 1.5 hours @ gym (no streaming)
    GPS Active: 1 hour (endomondo while running)
    Texts: 100-140
    Web/Facebook: ~20min
    Gaming: NONE
    Exchange: push ever 15 minuts
    Gmail: manual refresh

Notes: Only thing that auto updates is my exchange email, I have no need to turn my phone on at any moment and see what was updated while my phone was off, if i need to see something i just refresh it.

Also please note this much battery should last me till I go to sleep tonight, this will include a status call for work on my way home which should last about 20 minutes, then another 90 minutes of zune at the gym and random text messages.

Sorry, cant find an easy way to take screenshots :-( Had to use a webcam lol

04-20-2012 01:49 PM
    ^

Sheesh. My batter life is fine, but not that crazy. I'm jealous.
    04-20-2012 05:14 PM
    Forgot to charge my phone that night but charged it before I went to work. 12:51 pm had a 93% charge. At work it was idle most of the time. Kept waking it up to check the lockscreen for notifications. On break browsed the web, checked email, text a few friends, and sent some messages via the Me tile. Played music going to and leaving work. Visited my mom for a minute and sent texts to my boyfriend and got a phone call from my friend. After that, had a 49% charge saying I had 6 hours left. If it was the MyTouch, it would've died
    04-21-2012 05:03 AM
    Did a quick test with my microcell and the diagnostic app. When on my microcell with cell data on, power draw is 300-400ma, with microcell and data off, power draw is 90-150ma, without microcell and data on, 90-150ma, without microcell and data off power draw is also 90-150ma.

My only speculation is that the lte modem firmware is new and att needs work with their cell phone manufacturers to help achieve a better power draw using a microcell
    Last edited by milk242; 04-22-2012 at 07:04 PM.
    04-22-2012 06:05 PM
    Getting about 14 hrs on mine so I voted excellent. Its not quite as good as my ur-Focus which would go 2 days, and not even in the ballpark of my GNex which gets 4-5 days on a charge, but I can live with it. Hopefully it'll improve over the next few days; I'm gonna drain the battery all the way today (has helped every phone I've owned).
    04-22-2012 06:26 PM
    This is weird. I generally get good battery life, but today, I'm getting an estimate of about 5 hours from 100%! I have everything closed. Running diagnostics, I'm seeing like300-400 mA for no reason. Couple with this, I noticed that during these times the phone's back runs hot in the area just under the camera. Generally a soft reset "fixes" this. Just though I'd throw this out there.
    Requested a replacement from Amazon, and they sent it out promptly, hopefully this doesn't happen with that one.
    04-24-2012 02:06 PM
    BT on, brightness medium, 7 background tasks, LTE all the time, 5 email accounts lasts 8-9 hours, with about an hour of heavy use everday. 95-110mA and 370-390mA. Seems to last, wished for a little better but we all do.

EDIT: I would have to say a little less time if I am on high brightness and that is what I prefer, that is why I wish it was better because then I am at six hours of life.
    Last edited by CJ Thunder; 04-24-2012 at 04:50 PM.
    04-24-2012 03:12 PM
    BT on, brightness medium, 7 background tasks, LTE all the time, 5 email accounts lasts 8-9 hours, with about an hour of heavy use everday. 95-110mA and 370-390mA. Seems to last, wished for a little better but we all do.
    Actually that doesn't seem bad at all. Maybe change some email updates or stop some background tasks and you should easily last a day.
    04-24-2012 03:15 PM
    Out of curiosity why do people not use the auto brightness? I've noticed it can be a little slow to kick in, but when it does it's always bright enough to see for me even in daylight.
    04-24-2012 03:17 PM
    Almost a week and I can say my battery life is pretty disgraceful. Today came off the charger after 8AM, used BT streaming for just over an hour, a few messages on Kik and a few websites and other apps, 2 short youtube clips and I was on the charger by 3pm. Very disappointed.
    04-24-2012 03:34 PM
    Out of curiosity why do people not use the auto brightness? I've noticed it can be a little slow to kick in, but when it does it's always bright enough to see for me even in daylight.
    The auto brightness is way too aggressive. Inside it is often lower than the low setting. I've also messed around with it while sitting in my car and auto is still lower than medium making it's hard to see the screen.

I keep mine on medium.
    04-24-2012 03:42 PM
    The auto brightness is way too aggressive. Inside it is often lower than the low setting. I've also messed around with it while sitting in my car and auto is still lower than medium making it's hard to see the screen.

I keep mine on medium.
    How long have you waited out of curiosity? I've seen it take 5 seconds to kick in, I'm guessing not a lot of people wait to see. Maybe you have, this is more for those that go and change it again right away.
    04-24-2012 03:48 PM
    To me, it is annoying. Only time I ever need to turn it down is if I am reading in complete darkness.
    04-24-2012 04:49 PM
    I have kept all my phones on auto brightness, works for me.
    04-24-2012 05:04 PM
    Related to the battery, has anyone else noticed the 900 will completely lockup just before the battery dies if its in use? Happened to me once and I thought it was a glitch, now just trying to run the battery down again by playing a movie on Netflix and just before it died the screen froze, though sound was still playing, and all buttons were unresponsive. This is not my first WP device and I've never experienced this on my previous ones in the same situation.

I dont have any other problems with rattling, loose buttons or screen clicking but wonder if this is another bug that could be related to my poor battery life.
    04-24-2012 05:55 PM

I keep mine on medium.
    Same. The lowest setting is often lower then low and it is slow to kick in and it drives me crazy! So I just keep it on medium.
    04-24-2012 06:33 PM
    Related to the battery, has anyone else noticed the 900 will completely lockup just before the battery dies if its in use? Happened to me once and I thought it was a glitch, now just trying to run the battery down again by playing a movie on Netflix and just before it died the screen froze, though sound was still playing, and all buttons were unresponsive. This is not my first WP device and I've never experienced this on my previous ones in the same situation.

I dont have any other problems with rattling, loose buttons or screen clicking but wonder if this is another bug that could be related to my poor battery life.
    Mine does this to, but it doesn't bother me because the phone is pretty much dead anyways.
    04-24-2012 06:34 PM
220 ... 56789
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD