View Poll Results: How is your battery life with medium usage?

Voters
153. You may not vote on this poll
  • Great! (12+ hours)

93 60.78%
  • Ok (8-12 hours)

38 24.84%
  • Poor! (1-8 hours)

22 14.38%
05-15-2012 09:25 AM
220 ... 6789
tools
    Mine does this to, but it doesn't bother me because the phone is pretty much dead anyways.
    Thanks, quite strange but glad its not a bad handset. Giving it another long charge so will see how the battery goes.
    04-24-2012 08:09 PM
    How do you turn off background stuff off?
    04-24-2012 08:16 PM
    Ok. I found some problems with the battery that other people might be experiencing.
    1. phone gets hot or warm when your not even using it.
    2. On the diagnostics app, my phone is discharging at 400ma and over consistently.
    3. When scrolling on the home screen, the phone lags showing the picture of the live tile.

All of this has been happening to me before and after the update. At this rate my battery drained to 65% in one hour. Im in an LTE zone but I use WiFi all day.
    I am having this exact problem I will not even be using the phone but I will feel the heat through my pants and I pull it out and check the diagnostics app and the current will be anywhere from 380ma all the way to about 730ma and the phone will die within 2 hours If i don't soft reset it. A soft reset fixes it for a few hours but then it comes back. Also I am not anywhere near an LTE zone nor am I using a microcell. I love my lumia but this is really annoying and the fact that doing a hard reset is such a pain just makes it that much worse.
    04-25-2012 01:33 AM
    I am having this exact problem I will not even be using the phone but I will feel the heat through my pants and I pull it out and check the diagnostics app and the current will be anywhere from 380ma all the way to about 730ma and the phone will die within 2 hours If i don't soft reset it. A soft reset fixes it for a few hours but then it comes back. Also I am not anywhere near an LTE zone nor am I using a microcell. I love my lumia but this is really annoying and the fact that doing a hard reset is such a pain just makes it that much worse.
    Can I ask what diagnostic app you guys are referring to? Thanks.
    04-25-2012 01:42 AM
    Can I ask what diagnostic app you guys are referring to? Thanks.
    It is the built in one from Nokia. You need to enter a code in the dialer to unlock it. I can't remember the code but I saw it on an earlier page in this post and all over the forums. I would find it for you but I'm using the mobile site and its a pain.
    04-25-2012 01:45 AM
    It is the built in one from Nokia. You need to enter a code in the dialer to unlock it. I can't remember the code but I saw it on an earlier page in this post and all over the forums. I would find it for you but I'm using the mobile site and its a pain.
    Thanks, I'll do a search.
    04-25-2012 01:45 AM
    ##634# to activate it
    04-25-2012 02:10 AM
    ##634# to activate it
    Thanks! :D
    04-25-2012 02:12 AM
    More weird behaviour. Charging my phone for some hours takes it to 100% ok but leaving it on the charger I find later that the charge has somehow gone down and its chargng back up to 100% again? Anyone else experience this?
    04-25-2012 06:22 AM
    Btw one major thing if you wanna save battery life.

Don't use white theme. In short on AMOLED screens black areas actually mean the pixels are off, if you are using white background the pixels are always on on the "wasted space".

Screen being always the largest battery drainer, it does actually affect the battery quite a bit.
    04-25-2012 08:47 AM
    I checked last night at home and this morning using the Nokia diagnostic app and it read something in the 400's. I just checked this morning at the office and it was floating between high 80's to low 100's. I guess it really is the Microcell I have at home that hurts battery life and makes charging take that much longer.
    04-25-2012 02:15 PM
    What's the initial value you are seeing when you open the battery diagnostic app? Seen mine as high as 430 then it gradually reduces and settles down and varies from anywhere from 83-124.
    04-25-2012 04:56 PM
    What's the initial value you are seeing when you open the battery diagnostic app? Seen mine as high as 430 then it gradually reduces and settles down and varies from anywhere from 83-124.
    Just checked again and noticed the same. Maybe the spike is because of starting the diagnostic app itself? Any experts chime in on this?
    04-25-2012 06:08 PM
    I read somewhere in the Nokia Lumia 800 forums in the Nokia Support website, that removing the Diagnostics App helped improve their battery. Also running the battery down to completely shut off and then charging it to normal improved my battery life.
    04-26-2012 03:59 PM
    I read somewhere in the Nokia Lumia 800 forums in the Nokia Support website, that removing the Diagnostics App helped improve their battery. Also running the battery down to completely shut off and then charging it to normal improved my battery life.
    Haven't let the bat. die completely yet. I'll try it tonight. Thanks.
    04-26-2012 06:39 PM
    Well my battery is so poor it literally runs out every time I use it and still no improvement. Anyone seeing any kind of improvement?
    04-29-2012 09:15 AM
    Poor battery life is the only thing preventing me from being totally happy with this phone. I, like others, have problems at home where I have a microcell. I cannot say that the microcell is the problem, but it could be. I do not know how it could be, just by the way it works, but it is possible. I think it is probably more related to poor LTE signal and constantly searching for that signal than the microcell.

I am still debating whether to keep it or return to my iPhone. There are so many things I like better about the Lumia, but the battery life is killing me. I am sure I could cut back all of the settings, but then I would be unhappy with the fact that it does not do those things as well as the iPhone and the many other phones I have had.
    04-29-2012 11:24 AM
    Poor battery life is the only thing preventing me from being totally happy with this phone. I, like others, have problems at home where I have a microcell. I cannot say that the microcell is the problem, but it could be. I do not know how it could be, just by the way it works, but it is possible. I think it is probably more related to poor LTE signal and constantly searching for that signal than the microcell.

I am still debating whether to keep it or return to my iPhone. There are so many things I like better about the Lumia, but the battery life is killing me. I am sure I could cut back all of the settings, but then I would be unhappy with the fact that it does not do those things as well as the iPhone and the many other phones I have had.
    I wrote an article on a tip I found over at XDA to change your max radio signal. Maybe you can change to 3G and see if that works better on the MicroCell. Note that Edge will not work with the MC. http://mobilitydigest.com/lte-too-fa...our-lumia-900/

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    04-29-2012 11:35 AM

The size of the iPhone and not being LTE might be the biggest reason it has better battery life. Do you plan on sticking with a tiny screen and slower data the rest of your smartphone career? Just something to think about. Do you get at least a day? You can always reset the 900 and go a few days on absolute defaults with no additional apps/accounts just to establish a baseline of battery life. Then add your stuff back in slowly just in case it's something you are unconsciously doing. But at the end of the day, a larger screen and LTE just flat out cost more in battery life.
    04-30-2012 01:13 AM
    I hard reset my phone to reset the battery meter but still was only getting about 10-12 hrs. After setting Nokia Drive setting to offline (after checking background tasks) I started getting close to 19 hrs. For those of you, check Nokia Drive settings...it may help. I plan to run the battery all the way down and charge it back up to see if I can get more than a day out of it.
    04-30-2012 08:56 AM
    Had poor battery life myself and just read this thread. Got the Nokia diagnostics app and was at ~300 pretty consistently. I uninstalled the Facebook completely, and turned off the background tasks for my other apps (Vevo, Yelp, etc). Diagnostics reads ~100 now. Will update if it starts spiking again but it does seem to have helped.
    04-30-2012 04:34 PM
    I am seeing SIGNIFICANT battery life improvements after my tweaks yesterday. Not sure if it was the Facebook app or disabling some background tasks but I would estimate there's a 2x to 3x improvement!
    05-01-2012 10:12 AM
    I am seeing SIGNIFICANT battery life improvements after my tweaks yesterday. Not sure if it was the Facebook app or disabling some background tasks but I would estimate there's a 2x to 3x improvement!
    All I did was disabled the push notifications on the Facebook app. I was trying to run the battery down last night by playing Wordament. Fell asleep and woke up this morning @ 4AM. Battery (saver) was at 10% so it would've made a day off the charger with light to moderate use.
    05-01-2012 10:42 AM
    Good article on tweaks (battery) for Mango.
    10 Windows Phone 7.5 Mango tweaks | News | TechRadar
    05-01-2012 04:08 PM
    Tried uninstalling Facebook but didnt seem to have any effect on my poor battery life today.
    05-01-2012 05:08 PM
220 ... 6789
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD