Eh Battery Life

How is your battery life with medium usage?

• Total voters

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Forgot to charge my phone that night but charged it before I went to work. 12:51 pm had a 93% charge. At work it was idle most of the time. Kept waking it up to check the lockscreen for notifications. On break browsed the web, checked email, text a few friends, and sent some messages via the Me tile. Played music going to and leaving work. Visited my mom for a minute and sent texts to my boyfriend and got a phone call from my friend. After that, had a 49% charge saying I had 6 hours left. If it was the MyTouch, it would've died

milk242

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
Did a quick test with my microcell and the diagnostic app. When on my microcell with cell data on, power draw is 300-400ma, with microcell and data off, power draw is 90-150ma, without microcell and data on, 90-150ma, without microcell and data off power draw is also 90-150ma.

My only speculation is that the lte modem firmware is new and att needs work with their cell phone manufacturers to help achieve a better power draw using a microcell

Last edited:

mparker

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Getting about 14 hrs on mine so I voted excellent. Its not quite as good as my ur-Focus which would go 2 days, and not even in the ballpark of my GNex which gets 4-5 days on a charge, but I can live with it. Hopefully it'll improve over the next few days; I'm gonna drain the battery all the way today (has helped every phone I've owned).

sdreamer

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
This is weird. I generally get good battery life, but today, I'm getting an estimate of about 5 hours from 100%! I have everything closed. Running diagnostics, I'm seeing like300-400 mA for no reason. Couple with this, I noticed that during these times the phone's back runs hot in the area just under the camera. Generally a soft reset "fixes" this. Just though I'd throw this out there.
Requested a replacement from Amazon, and they sent it out promptly, hopefully this doesn't happen with that one.

CJ Thunder

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
BT on, brightness medium, 7 background tasks, LTE all the time, 5 email accounts lasts 8-9 hours, with about an hour of heavy use everday. 95-110mA and 370-390mA. Seems to last, wished for a little better but we all do.

EDIT: I would have to say a little less time if I am on high brightness and that is what I prefer, that is why I wish it was better because then I am at six hours of life.

Last edited:

AllPhoneNews

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
BT on, brightness medium, 7 background tasks, LTE all the time, 5 email accounts lasts 8-9 hours, with about an hour of heavy use everday. 95-110mA and 370-390mA. Seems to last, wished for a little better but we all do.

Actually that doesn't seem bad at all. Maybe change some email updates or stop some background tasks and you should easily last a day.

oldpueblo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Out of curiosity why do people not use the auto brightness? I've noticed it can be a little slow to kick in, but when it does it's always bright enough to see for me even in daylight.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Almost a week and I can say my battery life is pretty disgraceful. Today came off the charger after 8AM, used BT streaming for just over an hour, a few messages on Kik and a few websites and other apps, 2 short youtube clips and I was on the charger by 3pm. Very disappointed.

sting7k

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Out of curiosity why do people not use the auto brightness? I've noticed it can be a little slow to kick in, but when it does it's always bright enough to see for me even in daylight.

The auto brightness is way too aggressive. Inside it is often lower than the low setting. I've also messed around with it while sitting in my car and auto is still lower than medium making it's hard to see the screen.

I keep mine on medium.

oldpueblo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
The auto brightness is way too aggressive. Inside it is often lower than the low setting. I've also messed around with it while sitting in my car and auto is still lower than medium making it's hard to see the screen.

I keep mine on medium.

How long have you waited out of curiosity? I've seen it take 5 seconds to kick in, I'm guessing not a lot of people wait to see. Maybe you have, this is more for those that go and change it again right away.

CJ Thunder

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site

To me, it is annoying. Only time I ever need to turn it down is if I am reading in complete darkness.

CDG

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
I have kept all my phones on auto brightness, works for me.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Related to the battery, has anyone else noticed the 900 will completely lockup just before the battery dies if its in use? Happened to me once and I thought it was a glitch, now just trying to run the battery down again by playing a movie on Netflix and just before it died the screen froze, though sound was still playing, and all buttons were unresponsive. This is not my first WP device and I've never experienced this on my previous ones in the same situation.

I dont have any other problems with rattling, loose buttons or screen clicking but wonder if this is another bug that could be related to my poor battery life.

AllPhoneNews

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

I keep mine on medium.

Same. The lowest setting is often lower then low and it is slow to kick in and it drives me crazy! So I just keep it on medium.

AllPhoneNews

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Related to the battery, has anyone else noticed the 900 will completely lockup just before the battery dies if its in use? Happened to me once and I thought it was a glitch, now just trying to run the battery down again by playing a movie on Netflix and just before it died the screen froze, though sound was still playing, and all buttons were unresponsive. This is not my first WP device and I've never experienced this on my previous ones in the same situation.

I dont have any other problems with rattling, loose buttons or screen clicking but wonder if this is another bug that could be related to my poor battery life.

Mine does this to, but it doesn't bother me because the phone is pretty much dead anyways.

Kdawg1989

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Ok. I found some problems with the battery that other people might be experiencing.
1. phone gets hot or warm when your not even using it.
2. On the diagnostics app, my phone is discharging at 400ma and over consistently.
3. When scrolling on the home screen, the phone lags showing the picture of the live tile.

All of this has been happening to me before and after the update. At this rate my battery drained to 65% in one hour. Im in an LTE zone but I use WiFi all day.

I am having this exact problem I will not even be using the phone but I will feel the heat through my pants and I pull it out and check the diagnostics app and the current will be anywhere from 380ma all the way to about 730ma and the phone will die within 2 hours If i don't soft reset it. A soft reset fixes it for a few hours but then it comes back. Also I am not anywhere near an LTE zone nor am I using a microcell. I love my lumia but this is really annoying and the fact that doing a hard reset is such a pain just makes it that much worse.

wastegate

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
I am having this exact problem I will not even be using the phone but I will feel the heat through my pants and I pull it out and check the diagnostics app and the current will be anywhere from 380ma all the way to about 730ma and the phone will die within 2 hours If i don't soft reset it. A soft reset fixes it for a few hours but then it comes back. Also I am not anywhere near an LTE zone nor am I using a microcell. I love my lumia but this is really annoying and the fact that doing a hard reset is such a pain just makes it that much worse.

Can I ask what diagnostic app you guys are referring to? Thanks.

Kdawg1989

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Can I ask what diagnostic app you guys are referring to? Thanks.

It is the built in one from Nokia. You need to enter a code in the dialer to unlock it. I can't remember the code but I saw it on an earlier page in this post and all over the forums. I would find it for you but I'm using the mobile site and its a pain.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077