Eh Battery Life

How is your battery life with medium usage?

• Total voters

AllPhoneNews

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Its getting off work time 5:30pm. Took phone or the charger at 7:30. I used the phone very light today minus 30 mins. Of music at the gym. I'm at 36% battery now...I am fed up with this phone!!! My old Titan with the same usage would be like 65-70% right now.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

AndreaCristiano

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Its getting off work time 5:30pm. Took phone or the charger at 7:30. I used the phone very light today minus 30 mins. Of music at the gym. I'm at 36% battery now...I am fed up with this phone!!! My old Titan with the same usage would be like 65-70% right now.

well the update monday is supposed to address this as one of the fixes so update it check it for a few days and if it doesnt get better for you go titan2

HillBillJr

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

Those who are getting poor battery life, what is your Brightness level setting? Automatic or Manual?

bobsentell

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
I have not plugged it in since. I'm only down to 75%. When I touch the screen, I cannot get it to spike above 200mA even with multiple fingers.

Mine must have been inspected by the QA guy that loves his job.

Nov 29, 2008
Visit site
I am convinced that my Lumia drains extremely quickly when on the MicroCell. Great battery life when away from the MicroCell. Anyone else make that correlation?

kaiser7

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
This tweetwp7 guy looks like a big troll . He refuses to acknowledge the fact that he might have a defective piece . He just criticizes nokia lumia 900 battery in all his posts . It looks like someone is trying to spread a rumour that lumia 900 has some serious battery issues ( to impress whichever company is paying him )

AllPhoneNews

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
@Kaiser...no just no. I tried to replace my device and no store near me and the warranty depart says it is 2 weeks back ordered so I had tried. Also tons of other people are having problems too. If your phone works good, then your one of the lucky ones. Oh by the way Kaiser I am well respected in the WP7 community and have been running a WP7 fan site for months now, so why would I get paid to talk crap about Nokia when I obviously have a passion for the phone to run a website dedicated to it???

Last edited:

Gaiking

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
My battery life is not what I expected either...I have a microcell and have read that it will sometimes kill the phone battery.

As for my phone..
I'm syncing about 10 email addresses hourly.
Have 3 background apps running on the live tiles...weather and 2 news tiles.
A bunch of other live tiles are flipping constantly with info
To top this off I am having a tough time just putting the phone down...I enjoy using it.

I have found that it is lasting just about the same amount of time as my Skyrocket with about the same use...about 7-8 hours ....I expected more but this doesn't surprise me all that much. Battery life is always an issue with these things....im used to it.

I do believe the microcell connection is a big factor.

Fleon

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I am convinced that my Lumia drains extremely quickly when on the MicroCell. Great battery life when away from the MicroCell. Anyone else make that correlation?

Microcells have extreme consequences with battery life. Notable examples discussed in the AT&T forums are:
Samsung Focus
Samsung Captivate
iPhone 3GS
iPhone 4
iPhone 4S
Nokia
LG (all models, I think)

It's a problem with the Microcell that AT&T refuses to deal with.

Gaiking

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I've read differering opinions about why the Microcell is a battery hog....is there a definitive answer as to why its doing this?....just curious.

mayoo

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
guys what the hours your Lumia 900 tells when you take the phone out of the charger in the morning with 100% battery remaining ? that will tell the battery health with all connections turned off except voice !!!!

Gaiking

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Last night I charged to 100% then unplugged the phone. It sat all night untouched...time since last charge says 6 hours ..I have 20% remaining...I'll unplug the microcell tonight and try it then.

enahs555

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
So my Lumia 900 (Cyan, fyi! heh ) is doing great.

I still have unlimited data, so yesterday off the battery I watched 30 min of netflix (On 4G), downloaded ~1 gig of music off of my Zune pass, and about 2 gigs of apps/games (installed a bunch of Nokia maps). These downloads were over WiFi. I texted a lot (subjective), talked on the phone for 47 minutes. And did about 3 dozen bing searches and a good 30 minutes worth of browsing (over 4G). As well as playing maybe 30 minutes of gaming and 60 minutes of other app use.

I took the phone off the charge are 7 am, when I put it back on the charger at 11:30pm I looked at the diag tool I was at 35%.

I have Push notification on for 2 emails accounts. I have 2 extra live tiles on the start screen that are not there by default.

I have WiFi on all the time. Bluetooth off.
Auto brightness, works good for me. Dark Theme.

Some notes on saving battery. Most of your battery usage (when not using the phone) comes from the quality of your cell reception! Low cell reception requires higher battery usage. I get excellent reception where I am at.

Also, things to turn off to save battery (that I have) and other various settings.
Turning off Key Press sound will save a tiny about of battery.
Lock screen time-out is at 30 secs.

Find my Phone is turned on, but the settings to work faster are turned off (save battery, saves a lot of battery if you have poor connection).

Phone update is not set to check over cellular.
Feedback does not send cellular data to send info! This might be critical!
If you are opted in the bing searches, pictures, etc etc to send the info to Microsoft, this could be wasting a lot of battery!

bobsentell

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Okay, I unplugged it two hours ago and I'm at 95%.
V: 4.081
I: ~100mA with a temp raise to ~175mA as it was downloading an email over Wi-Fi.

techygeek82

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Well I'm getting much better battery life today now that my phone automatically fixed itself. (Was problem free until Tuesday, Data bug hit, battery drain hit). Last night the phone just randomly rebooted itself and the data bug was gone and battery is better.

I'm seeing a bigger difference today. So hopefully Monday comes quick and fixes it for all.

CHPro

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
I am also on the MicroCell and I my phone seems to be draining pretty fast with little to no use. I have just made 3 or 4 quick phone calls.

4 Hours into the day I am below 70% which is terrible coming from the iphone 4 where I would go the entire day with pretty heavy use and end the day over 40-60% (Although I did not have the Iphone hooked up to Microcell)

I may undo Microcell and see how that does for the battery life.

AllPhoneNews

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I put on auto brightness today. It has been about 1 1/2 hours since charging it and at 93%...oh BTW I HATE AUTO BRIGHTNESS! It takes forever to detect if it needs to get brighter or not...I can be reading something and 6 seconds in, it finally gets brighter...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo