Eh Battery Life

How is your battery life with medium usage?

• Total voters

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Too early to tell for sure, but it seems like I might be getting slightly worse battery life since I did the update. :straight:

I know that can't be right, but when I first got the phone, pre-update, I would run it with WiFi on 24/7 and I used it moderately-heavy because it's new and I was playing a lot, and then I would generally get home and still have about 25% battery life left at around 7-8 pm.

Since I did the update, I found I was down to 35% by the end of the workday today after leaving the house with a full charge and only very light use today.

Somethings definitely up... just not sure what. I'll keep watching to see if there's any sort of pattern there. I was happy with the battery life the way it was and I didn't have any data connection loss issues before the update anyway. I'm almost wishing I had waited on the update.

oldpueblo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I think the big differentiation is talk time, how many people actually talk on their phones a lot instead of just texting/browsing. I've had all day great battery life with light usage and then terrible battery life after several hours of conference calls where I had to charge in the afternoon.

oldpueblo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Monday's info

5 relatively short phone calls, blue tooth streaming audio for maybe two hours, two hours of web surfing, various e-mail checks/texting throughout the day, basically standard usage for me minus any long phone calls equal:

Time since last charge: 19 hours
Estimated time remaining: 2 hours
Remaining battery life: 15%

Geez I need to go to bed. :p

epwv82

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
I unplugged my phpne from the charger at 10 am this morning and my phone is dying currently right now, at 4:22 pm. I don't understand it. My iphone was still at 40-50% battery at night when I went to bed.

oldpueblo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I unplugged my phpne from the charger at 10 am this morning and my phone is dying currently right now, at 4:22 pm. I don't understand it. My iphone was still at 40-50% battery at night when I went to bed.

You can always try resetting it and then adding nothing extra to it (nothing that syncs beyond your default live account set to every hour maybe). Just use it for calls and texting all day, then you'll have established a baseline. If your battery life was still terrible and you didn't spend hours on the phone talking, then maybe you have a battery issue. If it was good, then start adding in your custom things to try to track down how you use the most battery doing whatever it is you do. Could be an app you like, could be your sync schedules, it could just be your signal quality in the areas you frequent.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't know what the update did to my battery life (it was fine before, but now it's stellar), but I haven't charged it in 1 day and 7 hours and it's at 19%. Knock on wood!

MrTimSmith

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
My battery life is back to 12 hours after a full charge instead of one day and 12 hours. Has to be an app but I can't figure out what it is so I have to look into it. This is frustrating as ****. A couple apps shouldn't remove a day from the battery life.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
My battery life is back to 12 hours after a full charge instead of one day and 12 hours. Has to be an app but I can't figure out what it is so I have to look into it. This is frustrating as ****. A couple apps shouldn't remove a day from the battery life.

Check your Facebook app. My battery life improved a bit after disabling toast and push notifications. My Facebook live tile is basically just a shortcut to the app now. Considering the "Me" tile gives me Facebook notifications, having the Facebook app running in the background is a little redundant IMO.

oldpueblo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

Are you talking about real battery life or the guestimation under battery saver? Because that number fluctuates with your usage patterns and probably takes days to level out.

smapor

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
18 hours since my last charge, still have about 17% left.

Did like 1 hour of browsing, 2 hours of talk time, 30 mins of gaming, sent 30 text messages.

I guess this is considered light usage.

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I'll do a test tomorrow after work and give a rundown. But I already know the battery lasts much longer than my MyTouch. Fell asleep while using board express earlier this afternoon, woke up and my battery hardly budged. Had it been the MyTouch, it would've died

MrTimSmith

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
Are you talking about real battery life or the guestimation under battery saver? Because that number fluctuates with your usage patterns and probably takes days to level out.

Well I pay attention to the estimate and while it shouldn't fluctuate an entire day away, I'm talking about battery percentage. Last night from 5:00pm to 7:00pm with little to no usage it went from 70% to 40%. This morning after 20 minutes of being off the charger it's already down to 95% and I haven't even used it.

William5849

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Ok. I found some problems with the battery that other people might be experiencing.
1. phone gets hot or warm when your not even using it.
2. On the diagnostics app, my phone is discharging at 400ma and over consistently.
3. When scrolling on the home screen, the phone lags showing the picture of the live tile.

All of this has been happening to me before and after the update. At this rate my battery drained to 65% in one hour. Im in an LTE zone but I use WiFi all day.

AllPhoneNews

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
So far the new phones battery is noticeably better. My battery lasted the whole day yesterday on Medium usage and plugged it in at midnight at 29% battery left. I am on my second day...lets see how it goes.

FYI

I talked to a rep at the AT&T store and he said 4 out of the 15 promo phones there employees got had bad battery life...so just exchange your phone...it was no hassle.

MrTimSmith

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
So far the new phones battery is noticeably better. My battery lasted the whole day yesterday on Medium usage and plugged it in at midnight at 29% battery left. I am on my second day...lets see how it goes.

FYI

I talked to a rep at the AT&T store and he said 4 out of the 15 promo phones there employees got had bad battery life...so just exchange your phone...it was no hassle.

I'd like to see where it's at after three or four days. Seems to be around that time when mine took a dive.

got3n

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
Remaining: 39%
Estimated time remaining: 11 Hours
Time since last charge: 1 day 14 hours

Usage:
Talk Time: ~80min
Zune: 1.5 hours @ gym (no streaming)
GPS Active: 1 hour (endomondo while running)
Texts: 100-140
Web/Facebook: ~20min
Gaming: NONE
Exchange: push ever 15 minuts
Gmail: manual refresh

Notes: Only thing that auto updates is my exchange email, I have no need to turn my phone on at any moment and see what was updated while my phone was off, if i need to see something i just refresh it.

Also please note this much battery should last me till I go to sleep tonight, this will include a status call for work on my way home which should last about 20 minutes, then another 90 minutes of zune at the gym and random text messages.

Sorry, cant find an easy way to take screenshots :-( Had to use a webcam lol

battery.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos