Eh Battery Life

How is your battery life with medium usage?

• Total voters

wastegate

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
It is the built in one from Nokia. You need to enter a code in the dialer to unlock it. I can't remember the code but I saw it on an earlier page in this post and all over the forums. I would find it for you but I'm using the mobile site and its a pain.

Thanks, I'll do a search.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
More weird behaviour. Charging my phone for some hours takes it to 100% ok but leaving it on the charger I find later that the charge has somehow gone down and its chargng back up to 100% again? Anyone else experience this?

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Btw one major thing if you wanna save battery life.

Don't use white theme. In short on AMOLED screens black areas actually mean the pixels are off, if you are using white background the pixels are always on on the "wasted space".

Screen being always the largest battery drainer, it does actually affect the battery quite a bit.

wastegate

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
I checked last night at home and this morning using the Nokia diagnostic app and it read something in the 400's. I just checked this morning at the office and it was floating between high 80's to low 100's. I guess it really is the Microcell I have at home that hurts battery life and makes charging take that much longer.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
What's the initial value you are seeing when you open the battery diagnostic app? Seen mine as high as 430 then it gradually reduces and settles down and varies from anywhere from 83-124.

wastegate

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
What's the initial value you are seeing when you open the battery diagnostic app? Seen mine as high as 430 then it gradually reduces and settles down and varies from anywhere from 83-124.

Just checked again and noticed the same. Maybe the spike is because of starting the diagnostic app itself? Any experts chime in on this?

RattleSnake506

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I read somewhere in the Nokia Lumia 800 forums in the Nokia Support website, that removing the Diagnostics App helped improve their battery. Also running the battery down to completely shut off and then charging it to normal improved my battery life.

wastegate

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
I read somewhere in the Nokia Lumia 800 forums in the Nokia Support website, that removing the Diagnostics App helped improve their battery. Also running the battery down to completely shut off and then charging it to normal improved my battery life.

Haven't let the bat. die completely yet. I'll try it tonight. Thanks.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Well my battery is so poor it literally runs out every time I use it and still no improvement. Anyone seeing any kind of improvement?

Gdwheel

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Poor battery life is the only thing preventing me from being totally happy with this phone. I, like others, have problems at home where I have a microcell. I cannot say that the microcell is the problem, but it could be. I do not know how it could be, just by the way it works, but it is possible. I think it is probably more related to poor LTE signal and constantly searching for that signal than the microcell.

I am still debating whether to keep it or return to my iPhone. There are so many things I like better about the Lumia, but the battery life is killing me. I am sure I could cut back all of the settings, but then I would be unhappy with the fact that it does not do those things as well as the iPhone and the many other phones I have had.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Poor battery life is the only thing preventing me from being totally happy with this phone. I, like others, have problems at home where I have a microcell. I cannot say that the microcell is the problem, but it could be. I do not know how it could be, just by the way it works, but it is possible. I think it is probably more related to poor LTE signal and constantly searching for that signal than the microcell.

I am still debating whether to keep it or return to my iPhone. There are so many things I like better about the Lumia, but the battery life is killing me. I am sure I could cut back all of the settings, but then I would be unhappy with the fact that it does not do those things as well as the iPhone and the many other phones I have had.
I wrote an article on a tip I found over at XDA to change your max radio signal. Maybe you can change to 3G and see if that works better on the MicroCell. Note that Edge will not work with the MC. http://mobilitydigest.com/lte-too-fast-for-you-try-edge-on-your-lumia-900/

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

oldpueblo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

The size of the iPhone and not being LTE might be the biggest reason it has better battery life. Do you plan on sticking with a tiny screen and slower data the rest of your smartphone career? Just something to think about. Do you get at least a day? You can always reset the 900 and go a few days on absolute defaults with no additional apps/accounts just to establish a baseline of battery life. Then add your stuff back in slowly just in case it's something you are unconsciously doing. But at the end of the day, a larger screen and LTE just flat out cost more in battery life.

rchillin

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
I hard reset my phone to reset the battery meter but still was only getting about 10-12 hrs. After setting Nokia Drive setting to offline (after checking background tasks) I started getting close to 19 hrs. For those of you, check Nokia Drive settings...it may help. I plan to run the battery all the way down and charge it back up to see if I can get more than a day out of it.

superkrad

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
Had poor battery life myself and just read this thread. Got the Nokia diagnostics app and was at ~300 pretty consistently. I uninstalled the Facebook completely, and turned off the background tasks for my other apps (Vevo, Yelp, etc). Diagnostics reads ~100 now. Will update if it starts spiking again but it does seem to have helped.

superkrad

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
I am seeing SIGNIFICANT battery life improvements after my tweaks yesterday. Not sure if it was the Facebook app or disabling some background tasks but I would estimate there's a 2x to 3x improvement!

rchillin

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
I am seeing SIGNIFICANT battery life improvements after my tweaks yesterday. Not sure if it was the Facebook app or disabling some background tasks but I would estimate there's a 2x to 3x improvement!

All I did was disabled the push notifications on the Facebook app. I was trying to run the battery down last night by playing Wordament. Fell asleep and woke up this morning @ 4AM. Battery (saver) was at 10% so it would've made a day off the charger with light to moderate use.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa