Quick! Convince me I'm wrong and to not sell my phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mengels7

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
EDIT: I ended up sticking with the phone and there are a ton of good tips in this thread for anyone who had a similar experience.

I couldn't stand it after 5 hours or so. I came from my iPhone 4 hoping to really love Windows Phone as I am sick of Apple's bull**** lately. The app selection is terrible. The apps are uglier and less functional. The web browser is horrendous.

That's what really did it for me, the web browser. Everything is rendered awkwardly. Does it not use webkit? The copy and paste was awful. I spent a good 3 minutes trying to copy/paste a link and gave up.

Why does anyone use this over iOS or Android other than "it's different and fresh and links my accounts together?" Seriously please someone tell me why it's better. I wanted so much to enjoy this but I just can't find any functional advantage over iOS, only disadvantages.

I've got the thing on eBay and the auction ends in a couple hours but the tinkery nerd side of me still wants to keep the phone.

Last edited:

JetLife87

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
You should sell it.

But people use it for Facebook and twitter integration, office integration, etc.

You should def sell the phone though.

PLEASE SELL THE PHONE!

cba191

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I almost never use the supplied browser. I use the Metro Browser. I just ordered the cyan 900 to replace my original Focus.

J4rrod

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Honestly, the problem is you don't have an open mind to change. The apps are much more functional and beautiful. Every big app is there basically, with 3rd party substitutes for those that aren't. What apps are you looking for that aren't there?

Sent from my Samsung Focus S using Board Express.

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Don't sell your phone because the Nokia lumia 900 is just darn beautiful. People will say "god that's such a cool phone"

Last edited:

ejb222

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
You should sell it.

But people use it for Facebook and twitter integration, office integration, etc.

You should def sell the phone though.

PLEASE SELL THE PHONE!

HA! If you don't like it becuase of personal preference, maybe it is best you sell it. Or maybe you should give it the 30days and see what you think at the end of it.
I personally love the look and feel. I like the integration of all my contacts. I have no issue with the web browser, though it could use impovement. I don't see anything that is glaringly broken about it. I just came from 3 years on Apple and i really dig the WP7.

Best of luck with your decision.

jd914

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
listen troll, you obviously aren't smart enough to do your research before buying a mobike device. What really shows you're lacking in intelligence is the fact that you come here starting a thread needing help deciding on something which you and only you can decide upon.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
That's what really did it for me, the web browser. Everything is rendered awkwardly. Does it not use webkit? The copy and paste was awful. I spent a good 3 minutes trying to copy/paste a link and gave up.

3 minutes to copy/paste? Yeah, you really should just give up.

HillBillJr

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I couldn't stand it after 5 hours or so. I came from my iPhone 4 hoping to really love Windows Phone as I am sick of Apple's bull**** lately. What is wrong with all of you? The app selection is terrible. The apps are uglier and less functional. The web browser is horrendous.

Why does anyone use this over iOS or Android other than "it's different and fresh and links my accounts together?" Seriously please someone tell me why it's better. I wanted so much to enjoy this but I just can't find any functional advantage over iOS, only disadvantages.

I've got the thing on eBay and the auction ends in a couple hours but the tinkery nerd side of me still wants to keep the phone.

You should definitely sell it and promise never to buy another Windows phone again. As far as I am concerned, I am keeping mine as it fits my needs. I have most apps I use and the things that are more important to me..ie email, music, battery life, signal strength etc. do well on this phone

cba191

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I upgraded to the Focus from the iPhone as soon as it was available. The iPhone just bored me to death. I like the tweekiness of Android, but I didn't want to have to mess with it to make it what I wanted it to be. That, combined with the fragmentation and stability issues led me to choose the Focus.

Mengels7

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
I almost never use the supplied browser. I use the Metro Browser. I just ordered the cyan 900 to replace my original Focus.

Hmm, are there any particular advantages to the browser that you like?

Honestly, the problem is you don't have an open mind to change. The apps are much more functional and beautiful. Every big app is there basically, with 3rd party substitutes for those that aren't. What apps are you looking for that aren't there?

If I didn't have an open mind to change, I wouldn't have burned my upgrade on a Windows Phone...

The Facebook and Twitter apps are not as good as their iOS/Android counterparts. Much slower, missing little things, and I can't stress enough that text outside of the Windows Phone interface is ugly.

Where are the Zynga games? Where's Pinterest? The new Angry Birds Space? HBO Go? I have plenty of other apps I'm not really -dependant- on but the combination of the poor Facebook/Twitter apps and the lack of the Zynga games I play with my friends really turned me off a bit :-\

Mengels7

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
listen troll, you obviously aren't smart enough to do your research before buying a mobike device. What really shows you're lacking in intelligence is the fact that you come here starting a thread needing help deciding on something which you and only you can decide upon.

Listen, condescending jerk, I obviously researched the phone a bit before I purchased it. Someone mentioned there are better browsers I can download. Clearly I'm getting some good advice to think about.

cba191

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I don't really know. I've just gotten used to it I guess. I think part of it is that I hate changing browsers anyways. But I think once you take a bit of time, you get used to it. You learn how to make it work for you.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Listen, condescending jerk, I obviously researched the phone a bit before I purchased it. Someone mentioned there are better browsers I can download. Clearly I'm getting some good advice to think about.

All the browsers are re-skins of IE9. Some do offer added usability, just not added functionality.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
:D 3 minutes to copy/paste? I really hope you're just trolling and that that's not true. It took me all of 3 seconds to figure out how to copy/paste when I first switched to Windows Phone. If you're telling the truth, you may indeed want to stick with iOS, the ecosystem of thoughtless sheep.

AndreaCristiano

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site

hit it on the head! Everyone with "issues" basically fits in this category. So locked into their old paradigm they dont even see the greatness that is this OS. My brother is an apple devotee and he even likes the OS better than iOS. People need to breathe and readjust

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NunezGuad