Quick! Convince me I'm wrong and to not sell my phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mengels7

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
No one asked you to apologize for them so don't. He started this thread with inflammatory (and borderline ignorant) remarks. The responses are well within the tone he set.

Yeah okay apologies for the "what's wrong with all of you" remark, and I'm warming up to the phone, but I maintain that the web browser is garbage in comparison. I still have to try that mentioned third party one.

Here's a new one though: The music player on here is not up to par.
A. The volume is ridiculous, there is no "quiet" volume. Even 1/30 is somewhat loud listening to music.
B. There's no separation between Headphone and Speaker volume. I want full volume plugged into my car, but less when unplugged. I guess it's just another compromise I have to make to move away from iOS. *sigh*

I'd still never recommend this thing to anyone. It's a fun toy and I'm hoping it grows into more.

Also since enough people ripped on me for my copy/paste comment:

It was like a minute. I know how to use the freaking copy/paste, I'm pretty tech savvy, not that it's difficult at all to activate. For the life of me, I could not get the anchors to stop where I wanted. Perhaps I could have zoomed in more for extra control? Didn't mean to emphasize that issue.

J4rrod

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Hmm, are there any particular advantages to the browser that you like?

If I didn't have an open mind to change, I wouldn't have burned my upgrade on a Windows Phone...

The Facebook and Twitter apps are not as good as their iOS/Android counterparts. Much slower, missing little things, and I can't stress enough that text outside of the Windows Phone interface is ugly.

Where are the Zynga games? Where's Pinterest? The new Angry Birds Space? HBO Go? I have plenty of other apps I'm not really -dependant- on but the combination of the poor Facebook/Twitter apps and the lack of the Zynga games I play with my friends really turned me off a bit :-\

Pinterst = Pinsation (I guess you couldn't figure out how to search the Marketplace either), ABS is coming says Robio, the Twitter app sucks, use Rowi, the best Twitter app on any OS. The Metro UI is beautiful, if you can't see that, then I would hate to see your choice in women.

J4rrod

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Wait, you said 1/30 isn't low? LOLOLOLOL whatttttttt? You must be Superman bro, with those ears.

iOS doesn't change volume when plugged in. Sorry.

Please take this phone back while you're still within your 30 days. Please. It's too new for you, honestly.

cba191

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
We don't need to beat him up anymore about his OP. It took a few days before I fully got the hang of my Focus as well.
I stuck it out, and will never go back. My 900 will be here tomorrow, and I don't see myself ever going back to iOS. I'll be getting WP8 next year, and will continue to use the the WP OS for as long as I can.
There are things it doesn't currently do, but I'm confident that it will happen in the near future. The more people that stick with it, the quicker the ecosystem will improve.

Nataku4ca

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
lock screen thing, i agree, pretty annoying crossing finger for apollo to fix that

but for 1/30 volumn thing, u can hear that? i couldn't really hear anything beyond 3/30... i guess i listen to too much loud music

seperation of volumn, i know its not there, same thing cross finger for apollo, but i never really had a need for it so i don't know how high in the priority list that is right now, may want to go to that suggestion site and put a vote in for it if you want it very badly

@jbjtkbw007
heheheh, well we've been together for 7 years now, my(and her) friends never understood why she won't give it to me either, her reasoning was that we live together already so she wants some privacy some where (?? ya i didn't buy it...)

Mengels7

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Wait, you said 1/30 isn't low? LOLOLOLOL whatttttttt? You must be Superman bro, with those ears.

iOS doesn't change volume when plugged in. Sorry.

Please take this phone back while you're still within your 30 days. Please. It's too new for you, honestly.

...Excuse me? iOS's music app DOES change volume when headphones are plugged in. Sorry.

1/30 is plenty low for the ringer and system volume, but in the music player it's not quiet. I don't have a number to compare it to, probably 10-15. This is with my own music files and the Zune files. I usually used the Sound Check option on iPhone/iTunes but even without that turned on it wasn't as bad as this.

Mengels7

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Pinterst = Pinsation (I guess you couldn't figure out how to search the Marketplace either), ABS is coming says Robio, the Twitter app sucks, use Rowi, the best Twitter app on any OS. The Metro UI is beautiful, if you can't see that, then I would hate to see your choice in women.

Can you even read? I said the Metro UI looked great, I mentioned that text in certain apps and the web browser was unpleasant. Also, I'm not a huge fan of third party apps for big services, but I'll give those a shot. Thanks for the suggestions. You're so, so, rude by the way.

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I don't know about you, but I prefer to think that us Win Phone supporters are a step above the random Android and iPhone fanbois.

I'd rather not be group with people that lash out without reason versus those responding negatively to something that was negative in the first place

JetLife87

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Don't bother downloading a 3rd party browser, you will still hate it.

I honestly am waiting for the "I'm leaving WP" thread from you.

No part of me believes you are going to keep this phone.

Let me ask this, what website do you frequent where you have such a hard-on for the browser sucking?

What about the phone do you even like??

Seketh

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
...Excuse me? iOS's music app DOES change volume when headphones are plugged in. Sorry.

1/30 is plenty low for the ringer and system volume, but in the music player it's not quiet. I don't have a number to compare it to, probably 10-15. This is with my own music files and the Zune files. I usually used the Sound Check option on iPhone/iTunes but even without that turned on it wasn't as bad as this.

Is your volume on 15 the same as having it on 1, or is it progressive as normal? I'm asking because there's a bug in some Lumia 800 in which the volume below 15 has erratic behavior.

Also, you brought the flames upon yourself. You started the thread with an inflammatory attitude, most people here would simply try to help you without any criticism if you hadn't done that.

Mengels7

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Is your volume on 15 the same as having it on 1, or is it progressive as normal? I'm asking because there's a bug in some Lumia 800 in which the volume below 15 has erratic behavior.

Also, you brought the flames upon yourself. You started the thread with an inflammatory attitude, most people here would simply try to help you without any criticism if you hadn't done that.

Nah, there's a difference between 1 and 15. Again, it's just with music that the files off of Zune marketplace have a louder volume and aren't quiet at the 1/30 volume. Apparently there's nothing I can do about that.

I'm gonna copy and paste out the good info from this thread, can a mod lock it or something and let it die? I'm using the phone. I'm sticking with it. I appreciate the encouragement and advice from some of you. At this point all the thread would be is me pointing out all the things the phone can't do or does worse than my old iPhone. And then you'll all call me a troll. Sooo yeah let's end this. I look forward to participating on the forums here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro