AT&T and Nokia = FAIL

AllPhoneNews

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I am a huge WP7 fan and have a website dedicated to it. I have had almost every Windows Phone on AT&T.

I pre-ordered the Lumia 900 and never got shipping information. Luckily I received the phone on Friday. On Sunday I started getting data issues and the phone is now just a brick until a fix. I am also having battery issues where my phone is lucky to last half the day on light use. I ordered a replacement phone through AT&T Premier over the phone and they said they would overnight it to me. I didn't get the phone in today so I called and they said it is back ordered for 2 weeks....None of the stores even near me carry a Cyan Lumia 900 so I am **** out of luck. I have NEVER had so much problem with a carrier and a phone before. I am extremely disappointed in this "flagship" device and the lack of training the AT&T people received. I almost want to just ditch the phone for the Titan 2 because I had no problems with my original Titan. :mad:

AlexanderJJJ

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
Titan 2 has problems too. When you first type a character on the keyboard their is a second of a delay and some sound delay when unlocking/locking the screen.

infrb

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
I am a huge WP7 fan and have a website dedicated to it. I have had almost every Windows Phone on AT&T.

I pre-ordered the Lumia 900 and never got shipping information. Luckily I received the phone on Friday. On Sunday I started getting data issues and the phone is now just a brick until a fix. I am also having battery issues where my phone is lucky to last half the day on light use. I ordered a replacement phone through AT&T Premier over the phone and they said they would overnight it to me. I didn't get the phone in today so I called and they said it is back ordered for 2 weeks....None of the stores even near me carry a Cyan Lumia 900 so I am **** out of luck. I have NEVER had so much problem with a carrier and a phone before. I am extremely disappointed in this "flagship" device and the lack of training the AT&T people received. I almost want to just ditch the phone for the Titan 2 because I had no problems with my original Titan. :mad:

I'm pretty close to moving to the Titan 2 as well. I'm waiting for the update to be available for download to see if my battery life is better or not.

As it is right now, I really like the phone, just my battery life is horrid. I know others have said they have great battery life, but just doing simple things like reading Twitter and Facebook (using the official apps, not the People app) and email and I can barely last a full day (I get about 8-9 hours).

Other than that, my AT&T experience has been good.

infrb

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
Titan 2 has problems too. When you first type a character on the keyboard their is a second of a delay and some sound delay when unlocking/locking the screen.

I can deal with that. What I can't deal with is my phone dying when I barely use it. I travel A LOT and if I'm going to be using this as a GPS and playing music, I'll barely get 4-5 hours out of this thing.

AlexanderJJJ

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
I can deal with that. What I can't deal with is my phone dying when I barely use it. I travel A LOT and if I'm going to be using this as a GPS and playing music, I'll barely get 4-5 hours out of this thing.

Also the screen doesn't look nearly as good as the 900's.

AllPhoneNews

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I'm pretty close to moving to the Titan 2 as well. I'm waiting for the update to be available for download to see if my battery life is better or not.

As it is right now, I really like the phone, just my battery life is horrid. I know others have said they have great battery life, but just doing simple things like reading Twitter and Facebook (using the official apps, not the People app) and email and I can barely last a full day (I get about 8-9 hours).

Other than that, my AT&T experience has been good.

Same but I am lucky to last 6-7 hours so your in a better boat then me...

AllPhoneNews

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I'm on the phone with AT&T complaining and they said according to their notes that on Monday when the software update is realized to is supposed to fix battery issues as well...oh how I don't believe them

smapor

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
get the black, use it till your 30 days are almost up and get cyan or white.

I been using my phone since 4/6, I don't have bad battery problems (heavy user), no data connection issues, no disappearing crap.

infrb

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
get the black, use it till your 30 days are almost up and get cyan or white.

I been using my phone since 4/6, I don't have bad battery problems (heavy user), no data connection issues, no disappearing crap.

Do you think the battery issues are just related to Cyan handsets?

smapor

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Do you think the battery issues are just related to Cyan handsets?
I have the Cyan, I suggested to him to get the black since Cyan is sold out, so he can at least use a phone.

when i got my Iphone 4, i had no WiFi got replaced, then 2 weeks later the mic was stuck in headphone mode, got another iPhone, last iPhone mysteriously died, it was the 3rd iPhone in 3 months.

Lemons happen

techygeek82

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
I started having the data issue today all of a sudden. I input the APN fix and notice, at that time, my battery seemed to take a bit of a hit. Not sure he much but will see how it does tomorrow.

The day before, with heavy usage (text, twitter, Facebook, forum reading, we browsing, live tiles updating and 3 email accounts syncing every 15 minutes) that I got about 9 hours before I needed to charge it. Today "felt" like less and I didn't feel like I was doing much.

Those having battery issues, are you also having data issues that you e applied some sort of temporary fox for, like the APN fix? Just curious...

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

infrb

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
I started having the data issue today all of a sudden. I input the APN fix and notice, at that time, my battery seemed to take a bit of a hit. Not sure he much but will see how it does tomorrow.

The day before, with heavy usage (text, twitter, Facebook, forum reading, we browsing, live tiles updating and 3 email accounts syncing every 15 minutes) that I got about 9 hours before I needed to charge it. Today "felt" like less and I didn't feel like I was doing much.

Those having battery issues, are you also having data issues that you e applied some sort of temporary fox for, like the APN fix? Just curious...

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

No APN fix here, but I'm wondering if I'm having problems with data but since I'm home all the time I'm on my wifi, I don't really notice it. And since I'm on wifi, the cell radio is trying to connect and using more battery than usual.

kevinrstruck

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
No battery issues for me at all...so far. Coming from my Inspire that would get 4 hours before needing a charge, I can can go all day usually 8 AM till 11 PM or 12 AM without having to charge this phone. In fact, I am usually above 50% at that point if I am to believe the phone. Yesterday I streamed music for at least 2-3 hours and made several phone calls, live tile updates, facebook, a bit of twitter, newsy, Pulse, and read about 200 emails and replied to or forwarded about 50 of those.

I have been so happy with this battery lasting so much longer than my Inspire battery. I did have a couple issue with my data connection dropping my music stream and that has happened the last 2 days in a row.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven