After finding out the camera on my Lumia with its Carl Zeiss lens is mad weak, taking my phone to work I discovered I also have no data. I try not to be annoyed at things like this but I feel like I dropped $100 bucks on a 3 card Monty game and lost.

One thing for sure, I'll NEVER buy another handset on Amazon Wireless again. Not that they were bad but when problems like this arise, you quickly find out just how separate Amazon Wireless and AT&T are. This after convincing my wife to move from Android to Windows Phone. Nice first impression Nokia. I screwed up bad this time.
    04-11-2012 09:15 PM
    I'm sorry to hear this, I too purchased mine via Amazon, I have no issue so far.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    04-11-2012 09:23 PM
    After finding out the camera on my Lumia with its Carl Zeiss lens is mad weak, taking my phone to work I discovered I also have no data. I try not to be annoyed at things like this but I feel like I dropped $100 bucks on a 3 card Monty game and lost.

One thing for sure, I'll NEVER buy another handset on Amazon Wireless again. Not that they were bad but when problems like this arise, you quickly find out just how separate Amazon Wireless and AT&T are. This after convincing my wife to move from Android to Windows Phone. Nice first impression Nokia. I screwed up bad this time.
    Not to be a jerk, but that is the cost of being an early adopter :(

It sucks, but that is the reality of the situation, often when handsets first launch there are problems. Not even the glory Saint Apple is immune (data issues). I picked up a Samsung Galaxy S at launch and it had HORRIBLE GPS issues, so bad that GPS wasn't even a feature of the phone anymore. That coupled with multiple freeze ups...it was very frustrating. Do you know what Samsung did for me? Absolutely nothing, they didn't even acknoledge it. You know what Nokia is doing for you? Giving you 100 dollars for your trouble. Feel lucky because you are.

Don't know what to say about the camera
    kashk5 likes this.
    04-11-2012 10:05 PM
    Don't know what to say about the camera
    I know...it sucks. On the screen it looks great, as soon as you take it, it looks darker.

The only way I been getting decent pics is using auto-fix on every single picture I take.

They need to patch it or something, whoever did the internal beta testing needs to find a new job.
    04-11-2012 10:12 PM
    how many whiney *****y threads are you gonna start man! If you dont like it do us a favor get something else
    davela72 and kashk5 like this.
    04-11-2012 11:22 PM
    Aren't you the whiny iPhone guy? The first iPhone had a 2MP camera with no optical zoom, flash, or autofocus. It also couldn't record video. Meanwhile the Nokia N95, released around the same time, had 5MP camera that could do all of those things. As for data, the N95 was 3G capable. The iPhone? 2G.

If it's first impressions you care about, what were you doing using an iPhone?
    kashk5 likes this.
    04-11-2012 11:48 PM
    Bad first impression? Ya the data loss thing is annoying, it hit me tonight, but what other company refunds you the cost of the phone even though they can just fix it with a software update?

The iPhone 4 had the whole antennagate thing, and they just threw a $20 case at you and told you you were holding it wrong. That was a lot bigger hardware/design issue then just an easily fixable software issue.

The camera isn't the greatest, but again it could be fixed with a software update, and if Nokia is smart they'll work on that next. Apple didn't give a flying frak about phone cameras until the iPhone 4, which is when they really started putting effort into making a nice camera for a phone. Other manufacturers, including nokia, were putting damn good cameras on smartphones well before apple started caring, just like a lot of the other "new features" apple has been releasing, they've been on other platforms for a while now.

Issues and bugs are the price you pay for early adoption. Nokia at least cares about its customers enough to do something about it.
    kashk5 likes this.
    04-12-2012 12:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD