So...what's the general consensus?

trumpet116

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Now that we've had a tough launch, what does everyone who bought a Lumia 900 think? Do you guys still recommend the phone?

Also, I don't understand how this stuff always happens. These devices are tested for months and months and there are still issues with almost every phone released! Nice try with the "beta phone" campaign, Nokia...Can we have real commercials now?

jd914

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
For someone that requires great web browsing, a robust text application and the best email client on any mobile platform yes I highly recommend the Lumia 900.

BTW my data only dropped out once and it has been working fine ever since besides that I have had Zero issues with my Lumia 900.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Sill lovin' this phone. No data issues, or any other to speak of. Camera is at least as good as my Surround's, so that's good for me. Yes, I would recommend the phone to anyone. The current price (+$1) is a bonus. Would still pay $99 or $199.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

trumpet116

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
thanks guys. If I buy one at at&t tomorrow will I get one with the bug fixes or will I have to hope I have the luck of you guys and not those in the bug report thread?

puredrive07

May 31, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I would still recommend the Lumia 900 to people; though if they are mainly in it for the picture taking, I would definitely tell them to look at the Titan II and let them decide what fits their needs. All my family members and fiancee with their iPhone 4S prefer using my Lumia 900 and constantly say how quick it is and easy to use.

dtboos

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Highly recommend. I am als hopeful that they can tweak the camera with an update as its not the greatest. Good enough in decent light but could be better.

Other than that the phone is amazing.

Alteran195

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
I love the phone, I love the build quality, love the design, love windows phone, the camera is ok but I don't really care. My only complaint is more about Microsoft then the phone. None of my credit cards are working with windows live, even the prepaid app card I got from a windows phone promotion won't work.

ddaniel87

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site
I got my phone on Friday after preordering. By Saturday the data started dropping and then it wouldnt do anything. Did a full reset and it started dropping again on Monday. Tuesday I spent hours on the phone with AT&T and they sent me to store for a new SIM. ATT store put the SIM in and it still didnt work. So, they gave me a brand new phone. When I got home Tuesday I saw the story break about getting 100 back and that you could have yours replaced now if you wanted. I thought to myself, so glad I went to store and already have a new one. Wednesday morning I woke up...........And the new phone has no data and cant send MMS. REALLY!

After all the data issues, the extremely lackluster camera performance, third party app lag, reduced app availability, WP7,,,,,No, i can not recommend. This was my first foray into WP7 since the days of old, and I am really disappointed in the features. The most irritating one is the inability to adjust the volume independently. Fix the camera, fix the data, and make it upgradeable to Apollo with some better features and it would be wonderful. But, There are just too many issues. I would however like to commend Nokia for their gesture in light of the data issues. Apple wouldnt do that, nor samsung.

Timback

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
Love this phone, had IPhone 4s, camera is not that good, but that is my only gripe, love the screen, very easy on the eyes, love the tiles, amazing phone
Very impressed by Nokia and Microsoft :cool:

erine100

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
I would recommend the phone to anyone

chrise2

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
I had data issues the first day but has been fine ever since. I also am not a fan of the camera, but I'm learning to deal. Everything else about the phone is great and would recommend it.

LordGreylock

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I had an iPhone 4S (which I still have) and I also had a Lumia 800, when I heard the 900 was coming out I sold the 800 and picked this up right away. I have no data issues. I took some comparison shots and the 900's camera isn't as good as the 4S however I have been able to take some very good photos with it.
As I use it mainly as a phone and internet device first and a camera second it's not a big deal to me. The screen looks awesome, even though the 4S has a retina display, it looks washed out in comparison and viewing the 900 outside on a sunny day is a whole lot easier.

I am really enjoying the larger screen, and I love Microsoft's Metro UI.
Overall I am really loving this phone. My only real gripe is the vibrate sounds so clunky. I cannot understand why they would release this phone with a vibrate function that sounds so bad.

techygeek82

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Even with the data issues and camera concerns by most (I'm not one of them. I think the camera is just fine for me), I can say this device is solid. Even if you do happen to get one and the data bug hits you, there ARE workarounds (APN info) that you can input to get the data to function until the patch is pushed out to us. Heck, just the dedication Nokia is showing in conjunction with AT&T to 'make things right' is a sign at how far Nokia is willing to go to get back in the game. I commend them for that, regardless if the bug made it through testing or not.

The phone looks great and performs just as well. I've owned 3 windows phones: HTC Arrive, Samsung Focus s (for 10 days - hated it. Constrution was poor, there were far FAR more bugs with it than the Nokia and just hated the cheap feel of it so I don't necessarily count it as owned) HTC Titan and the Lumia 900. This is by far my favorite out of the bunch.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos