Does your phone display colors with a dim/low brightness?

Does your phone display webpages and colors with a dim/low brightness?

• Yes

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters

unity04

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm just curious to see how many people have this issue with their Lumia 900. I know I've made a thread already about this, but I want to take a poll to help determine if my device is a lemon or not. Here is the issue:

When you have a dark black background on your phone, colors tend to look vibrant and bright. However, while having your auto brightness set to off, brightness set to high, and power saver off, if you go into the browser, you'll notice that webpages look dimmer, and whites look like shades of grey. The more white a webpage has, the more evident the dim is. When you press the menu button in IE9 to pull up the browser options, you'll notice that the webpage in the background behind the popup menu becomes illuminated slightly, and more vibrant. When you close the menu, it returns back to its dull look- almost as if there's a sheet of grey overlaying the webpage. This is also present in the Xbox Live app, Twitter app, and any other app that has a white background. Plain and simple, whites do not look like bright whites. They look like they're mixed with grey.

For me, this has been the only issue I've found with the phone. I absolutely love this phone, but this is killing it for me. Do I have a lemon, or is your phone the same way? Do webpages appear bright, or are they dull? You might not have noticed this before so please check your browser again. A quick way is to go to Google, and pull up the menu bar in IE9. You'll notice when you do, the letters in Google become brighter, along with the white background.

Thanks.

sketchy9

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
Absolutely. Noticed this the first day. White is not white, it's gray. Combined with the screen lag, I'm starting to think that maybe the HTC Titan 2 would have been a better choice (which is unfortunate, as I really want Nokia to do well).

-R

unity04

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm debating whether or not the issue is big enough for me to return the phone all together.. it bothers me that its not only present in the browser, but in any application or window that has a lot of white

sketchy9

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm debating whether or not the issue is big enough for me to return the phone all together.. it bothers me that its not only present in the browser, but in any application or window that has a lot of white

The problem is I think this is either a "feature" (maybe to save battery?) or a universal bug. Which means you have to ditch the entire line. They were so close to an absolutely amazing device, but once you add up 4 or 5 minor gripes it takes enough away to make it not worth it.

-R

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99