Hello, all.

I have the Lumia 900 and have the 5GB data plan with hotspot. The hotspot works great, however, if there is no wifi activity for 5 minutes, it turns itself off. Does anyone know how to prevent this from turning off? I use this with my tablet and the tablet periodically polls for updates every 60 minutes or so, but by then the hotspot is off!

Thanks.
    04-12-2012 09:58 AM
    At this time you can't change this interval. The 5 minute timeout is by design to conserve battery.
    04-12-2012 09:59 AM
    Is anyone else having trouble getting the wifi to connect to the internet?

My device will find the hotspot, but then not a connection to the internet. FWIW, I updated the cellular data APN/WAP data settings per that video...wondering if I shouldn't have done that? hopefully the update will fix it.
    04-12-2012 02:51 PM
    Is anyone else having trouble getting the wifi to connect to the internet?

My device will find the hotspot, but then not a connection to the internet. FWIW, I updated the cellular data APN/WAP data settings per that video...wondering if I shouldn't have done that? hopefully the update will fix it.
    Hmm. I wasn't having trouble before I was hit with the data issue, but haven't tried to tether since I did get hit by it. I'll have to test it later. My tablet hasn't been charged in a few days and finally died on me this morning. Oops.

I'll try later and let you know.
    thepickupbear likes this.
    04-12-2012 02:57 PM
    was able to tether and get to the internet on my tablet.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    04-12-2012 04:28 PM
    ah hmm yeah, looks like it's working now. funny it still shows an x next to the wifi on my tablet, but then was loading pages. i'm in a sh*tty spot for cellservice though, could just be that it's too slow to consider it fully connected right here.

thanks!
    04-12-2012 04:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD