Love this phone, but...

mcjama76

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
A durable polycarbonate chassis? Check. Screen made with gorilla glass? Check. Silky smooth and complete OS? Check. Crappy *** cheap chrome accent around the camera? Whaaaaaat?

I have had my phone for less than a week now and I like to think I take care of my stuff. My chrome piece is absolutely scratched to all ****, already. Granted, I have no case (and wont) the phone is gorgeous, why would I want to cover it up? I understand normal wear and tear, but with the rest of the phone supposed to be nice and tough, it would have been nice to have that theme throughout the device.

Minor complaint, I know, but I had to get this off my chest. Anyone else notice this?

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, refused to use a case on my Lumia 800 and now my 900. Just defeats the purpose of having such a beautiful handset. Just gotta accept the scratches on the chrome. Like you said, tiny complaint, and not even noticeable to anybody but you.

AndreaCristiano

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
mine isnt i put zagg invisisheild on it , covers the bezzle and incipio ngp case as soon as I got it. since reviews said the scratches were possible figured I would be preemptive
Mines like new :)

puredrive07

May 31, 2011
Visit site
I put the Zagg Full Body protection kit on my L900 the minute I opened the box, because I knew the chrome piece scratches up; I only have the bumper edging on the phone, as any case just makes this phone too big to put in my pocket.

JPDVM2014

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
I have a piece of tape over mine right now to protect it. Is it possible to buy the Zagg just for the back? I don't like having a screen protector on, but I would like to protect the chrome strip. Any issues with the Zagg on the back peeling up?

camaroguy

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
I have had mine for over about a week now, I just put it face down on hard surfaces and don't have any scratches on the chrome yet :) I hate cases, so I don't plan on using one.

JPDVM2014

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
There is another thread about this and the person suggested using a brillo pad to make it look like brushed metal. Interesting idea, but I'm not gonna be the first to try it. :) But I understand the concept, scratch it yourself then you don't have to worry about it scratching somewhere else.

LordGreylock

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I have the Incipio case on mine and I cut a piece of screen shield and put it over that little chrome section so it doesn't get scratched up.

Adiliyo

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
mine has two tiny scratches on it so far, and i really cared about it getting scratched when i first got it, but after the first scratch showed up, i care a lot less now.

i still put it screen side down on hard surfaces, but as long as the actual lens cover for the camera is fine, i don't care if the chrome gets scratched.

maybe i'll take some steel wool and give it a "brushed" finish and really stop caring about scratching it. ;)

anywhoo, the phone is too good looking to cover up with a case imo.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I had a scratch on mine in less than one day and now well lets just say it looks bad. Every other detail on this devices seams top notch, Why O_O Why did Nokia do something like this to such a great device. Everyone I show my phone to comments on it.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
What's so surprising to me is they new about this problem. It was a problem on the 800. If you look at videos of the 900 at CES and that other conference, they have a crappy looking clear strip over the camera area. They knew about it and still let it go unchanged.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon