06-23-2016 12:00 PM
99 1234
tools
    This issue just started happening now, a few days after the Lumia 900 was launched.

Too much of a coincidence if you ask me.
    Do you think google tries to ban microsoft-nokia products? :P
    04-13-2012 08:53 AM
    more the reason to step away from Google. I am leaving them behind for everything. Don't trust them and don't like how they do business.
    Do you trust microsoft or like how they are doing business? Most of their products are not free though..
    04-13-2012 08:56 AM
    Do you trust microsoft or like how they are doing business? Most of their products are not free though..
    I'll trust a software company (Microsoft) over an advertising company (Google).
    krayziehustler and ItnStln like this.
    04-13-2012 09:13 AM
    I bought my Lumia 900 on Monday and the Gmail feature worked fine. I started having touch screen issues with the phone so I exchanged it yesterday and now gmail gives me the same error that has been posted here.

Instead of a work around, has anyone actually brought this error up to AT&T or Nokia??? I am sure they can issue a fix that would solve the problem. If enough people show that it is indeed an issue, it will get fixed. I will be bring my phone back into the AT&T store and showing them the problem and if all else fails, exchanging it again for another Lumia to see if it is specific to certain phones.
    04-13-2012 10:22 AM
    I bought my Lumia 900 on Monday and the Gmail feature worked fine. I started having touch screen issues with the phone so I exchanged it yesterday and now gmail gives me the same error that has been posted here.

Instead of a work around, has anyone actually brought this error up to AT&T or Nokia??? I am sure they can issue a fix that would solve the problem. If enough people show that it is indeed an issue, it will get fixed. I will be bring my phone back into the AT&T store and showing them the problem and if all else fails, exchanging it again for another Lumia to see if it is specific to certain phones.
    This isn't a Lumia issue. My wife's new Titan has the same behavior. It's a Google/WP issue.

CFC
    04-13-2012 10:25 AM

This appears to be an issue on Google's side, and has nothing to do with either Microsoft or Nokia. There are posts in the XDA-Developers.com and Google support forums from users of a bunch of different devices (including Android!) having the same problem. Hopefully they get it worked out soon.
    Seketh likes this.
    04-13-2012 10:29 AM
    Whats strange to me is that this was working on my titan just before i sold it for the lumia 900 yesterday. Just doesn't make any senses. I also know two other people with Lumia 900's that don't have the issue at all, so i'm totally baffled.

I'm holding out hope that this is somehow a phone software issue that will be fixed on Monday, but like many of you I too think that this must be a problem with Google. I've had nothing but issues syncing with Google on my Windows phone, even before this.
    04-13-2012 10:44 AM
    This appears to be an issue on Google's side, and has nothing to do with either Microsoft or Nokia. There are posts in the XDA-Developers.com and Google support forums from users of a bunch of different devices (including Android!) having the same problem. Hopefully they get it worked out soon.
    Thanks for the info. OP should edit the first post!
    04-13-2012 10:59 AM
    so, anyone get a reply from Google, MS, or Nokia with news about this? The Hotmail/Windows Live sync workarounds are nice, but not really acceptable to me; i don't want to migrate my stuff from Google to other services when these specific services work great for me on PC, ipad, etc. Although this is a major inconvenience, I'm willing to wait it out if it actually gets fixed soon. As far as I can tell its hitting more Lumia 900s than anything else, but also other Windows Phones and apparrently non-WP7 devices according to infinitelurker.

perhaps the most frustrating thing is that the IE9 mobile browser isn't an adequate workaround. If this happened on my old iphone, id wait it out and use safari to just access the mobile gmail and calendar sites (i guess id still be out of luck on contacts). on IE9, these sites are virtually unusable.

Thanks to everyone who has looked into this and shared information though. I think we are all very frustrated that such a basic feature is going so haywire without a clear culprit. I'd rather not return my device, but I guess if it's not fixed by Monday's patch at the latest I'll try
    04-13-2012 11:10 AM
    The thing is, this can't be an account issue. My iPhone is still syncing everything with my Gmail account just fine and it's set up as an Exchange account, hitting m.google.com. All of my other devices are working fine as well (Kindle Fire, iPad 3, etc.).

For me, this is specifically an issue with my Titan II. I wonder if it has to do with the way that Windows Phones authenticate with m.google.com.
    04-13-2012 11:11 AM
    If it is a Google problem, there is a thread over in Google product support here Google Groups

Certainly doesn't seem to be a problem they are eager to fix. Very frustrating!
    04-13-2012 11:32 AM
    Same issues here. Bought two Lumia 900's to replace two Samsung Focus. The Lumia's won't sync ANY gmail account.
    04-13-2012 11:40 AM
    Same issues here. Bought two Lumia 900's to replace two Samsung Focus. The Lumia's won't sync ANY gmail account.
    Could this be an issue with the latest version of Mango? I mean, only the Lumias and the Titans have it, right?
    04-13-2012 11:41 AM
    Could this be an issue with the latest version of Mango? I mean, only the Lumias and the Titans have it, right?
    This is not a Mango issue (nor Nokia), it's all on Google. Here is a thread from the Apple forums, people are having the same problem trying to set up new iPads:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread...rt=15&tstart=0
    04-13-2012 12:10 PM
    Mine just synced for the first time! Anyone else? Lumia 9000 with two Google accounts, one apps and one regular.

Breathing a sigh of relief that it doesn't appear to be the phone...i just hope it keeps syncing.
    04-13-2012 12:32 PM
    The issue appears to have been resolved as of about 5 minutes ago! I didn't do anything, and all of a sudden it synced. Guessing it was a Google issue all along...
    04-13-2012 12:52 PM
    I can also confirm the issue has been fixed.
    04-13-2012 01:09 PM
    That figures. I literally JUST returned my Titan II and when I showed them in the store that it wouldn't sync, I received the same error. So they seriously fixed this like 5 minutes after I gave up waiting.
    04-13-2012 01:12 PM
    I can also confirm the issue has been fixed.
    ditto
    04-13-2012 01:17 PM
    Well, I had to delete my google connection on the phone and re-add it just now but when I did - it synched.

Glad to see this got resolved for whatever reason. I credit this thread and all you guys! :) Go WPCentral Community! LOL.
    04-13-2012 01:24 PM
    I was having the exact same problems. It is purely Google's problem, not Microsofts or Nokias.

What worked for me was to simply go to https://www.google.com/accounts/DisplayUnlockCaptcha in the browser of the phone and verify it. Then mine synced perfectly!

Hope it helps you all as well.
    04-13-2012 01:32 PM
    I was having the exact same problems. It is purely Google's problem, not Microsofts or Nokias.

What worked for me was to simply go to https://www.google.com/accounts/DisplayUnlockCaptcha in the browser of the phone and verify it. Then mine synced perfectly!

Hope it helps you all as well.
    worked for me, nice one!
    04-13-2012 02:23 PM
    confirmed from side too :)

So, a google issue.. I was strange though that it worked for other devices at the same time. A sabotage maybe? Who knows..

Glad it was resolved
    04-13-2012 03:35 PM
    i just got a replacement Lumia and I added my gmail account just fine...
    04-13-2012 03:43 PM
    Everything seems fixed now. Ty google. :)
    04-13-2012 05:27 PM
99 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD