Google Account Error / Won't Connect - Sync

ziggygod

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
Im on my second phone too and on my first phone it connected fine to google. now on my second phone it wont sync at all. i get the same errors as everyone else. i tried doing the bluetooth but my lumia 900 is having a hard time pairing with my htc hd7 :(

ziggygod

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
i just got them to pair finally after a reset and disabling wifi. at least i have a temporary fix for now. i hope google or who ever is to blame fixes this soon. :(

GreenScrew

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
BTW, the thing that is throwing me - I was able to grab my son's HTC Arrive WP7 phone on Sprint - add my account today with no problem and sync. So - not sure what is going on. It definately worked there - I then deleted that account and tried to re-add it on my Lumia and still no go.

Is it possibly a WP7.5 specific issue, or does your son's HTC Arrive also have 7.5?

LaneStain

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
I preordered and got my first Lumia (Cyan) last Friday. I had to reboot it several times over the weekend and throughout the last week due to it freezing up despite a hard reset so I complained to the ATT store where I bought it and they replaced it today (had to wait for another cyan to come in because they were out). The new Lumia works great except that I get this same google sync issue even though it worked fine on the first Lumia. Like the others, the majority of my contacts are in google :mad:

Google error

Last updated 37 minutes ago

m.google.com is currently unavailable. Try again later.

Last tried 6 minutes ago
Error code: 85010017

I just tried doing a hard reset however this didn't fix the problem. Still no google! My HTC Arrive is still syncing all accounts normally as well as the 2 black Lumias that my brother and friend got at the same time I got mine.

jragatz

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
same problem on new lumia 900

just got my lumia 900 in the mail today. been going crazy with the same problem as everyone else: google wont sync no matter what i do even though everything else syncs fine and google had been syncing fine on my iphone and still does on my ipad.

the worst part is there is almost nothing on the web about this...this thread was really the only thing to identify this problem the same way im experiencing it.

sucks cuz i really love this phone, but i heavily use gmail and google calendar and also have all my contacts stored there. hope someone can find a fix soon...

levelbest

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Ok, time I got some reps or thanks for starting the thread...lol. Like most of you, I didn't see a thing out there so I immediately came here figuring someone would have posted on it... Apparently I was the first. Hope we get this solved together. Loving my phone otherwise.

eugmc

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I actually think Google is up to something because my WP device and iPad are both having issues connecting to gmail. Has been happening for a couple weeks now and has been a hassle.

dopn

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
I was having a similar issue with the lumia I purchased today. My solution was to add my gmail account as an "other account". Seems to be working so far.

Welve

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Current work around: enable IMAP through gmail.com and set up your gmail as an IMAP account.

To do this: log onto your gmail account, hit the cog in the top right hand corner and click "settings" from the dropdown menu, from the top choose "Enable Forwarding and POP/IMAP", hit Enable IMAP, and remember to SAVE your settings at the bottom.

On your phone: settings, add email, etc. setup gmail as "Other Accounts", enter your information and you should be gtg.

Worked wonderful on my device

dopn

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
a work around solution for calendar and contacts maybe to sync calendar/contacts from google with hotmail and import them that way

Welve

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
a work around solution for calendar and contacts maybe to sync calendar/contacts from google with hotmail and import them that way

This would probably work, but wouldn't update in the same way. To do that, all you have to do is go to your google calendar and again hit the cog, dropdown menu > settings > export calendars as ICS, put this where you need to

On live.com, under "account highlights" there should be a calendar button, click it, at the top there should be a few options next to "New", hit "Subscribe", and then import the ICS file you recently saved by browsing to where you put it on your computer.

Another option is to Share your Google Calendar with your Windows Live account account from your Gmail account.

Hshure

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
I hate the fact that we are all having this problem, but misery does love company. I am glad to see it's not just the Lumia and its not just me. I posted in the google groups under Gmail as service issue so hopefully that will get some attention.

For now I will have to import all my contacts to hotmail and hope that I can sync them that way. I'm still out my calendar though. Strange how this just started happening. The fact that we can set up the mail through IMAP makes me wonder if it is an issue with their Sync Software. It is in Beta or so they say.

Welve

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
To merge your Google Contacts all you have to do is navigate to Live.com, hit "Contacts" in the "highlighted features" area, from there hit "Manage" near the top and "Import" from the dropdown tab. Click Gmail from the "other services" icon and simply follow the other instructions.

Hshure

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
To merge your Google Contacts all you have to do is navigate to Live.com, hit "Contacts" in the "highlighted features" area, from there hit "Manage" near the top and "Import" from the dropdown tab. Click Gmail from the "other services" icon and simply follow the other instructions.

I was just gonna ask about that. I shared my google calendar with my live account and that worked flawlessly. Everything is showing up. Now its time to bring the contacts over.

Hshure

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site

I did this and I can see all my google contacts in my live account online, but they are not showing up on my phone. Already re-synced my live account twice on the phone, but they are not there. I tried to delete the live account but I guess you can't without wiping your whole phone. Did I miss something?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)