Can anyone connect to ATT wifi hotspots?

wzd105

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
Hi, could anyone confirm that the lumia 900 can connect to ATT wifi hotspots? From ATT webpage, the ATT wifi is free to contract users with data plans. But I am having trouble connecting to att wifi from my lumia 900. Sometime it wouldn't connect. When it connected, it redirected me to the att wifi login webpage. I spent over 2 hours talking to ATT technical support. First they told me they did not see a data plan on my line. Then they said my data plan doesn't qualify for free wifi. I have the $20 300MB plan. But the ATT webpage says all data plans can access ATT wifi spots.
I know it sounds like a problem with ATT. But my friend can connect to the same wifi using the android phone. So can anyone here confirm the problem is not from my lumia 900? Thanks a lot!

zorc3

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Maybe

Got it to work at an airport by deleting the attwifi network (press and hold on the wifi setting screen) and letting it find the network again. This location was open to everyone without charge so no idea if it will work at a place that requires a log in. Previously it hadn't been working anywhere. The WiFi Info app from the marketplace is useful.

jfreiman

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I have been having the same experiences as wzd105 - I thought it was just "my Starbucks" but it's happening at all attwifi locations. :-/

drankurn

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
it should be free to all att customers with data plan.

do you know if it's asking you to log in or it's just asking you to accept the terms & conditions on that page ?

RonV42

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
My phone connects without any splash page with terms & conditions at McDonald's and they are a AT&T hotspot. Also at the local UPS store they have AT&T hotspot and it connects there also. As long as you have a AT&T LTE data plan the phone should connect without any type of authorization.

milk242

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
Barnes and nobles asks me to click the connect button before I can connect. They are att hotspots. On my iPhone, it would just connect automatically. I'm thinking att needs to improve their code for non iPhones

Adiliyo

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
mine just connects at various starbucks, i haven't run into any other att hotspots elsewhere so i can't comment on that...

TMavC5

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Hi, could anyone confirm that the lumia 900 can connect to ATT wifi hotspots? From ATT webpage, the ATT wifi is free to contract users with data plans. But I am having trouble connecting to att wifi from my lumia 900. Sometime it wouldn't connect. When it connected, it redirected me to the att wifi login webpage. I spent over 2 hours talking to ATT technical support. First they told me they did not see a data plan on my line. Then they said my data plan doesn't qualify for free wifi. I have the $20 300MB plan. But the ATT webpage says all data plans can access ATT wifi spots.
I know it sounds like a problem with ATT. But my friend can connect to the same wifi using the android phone. So can anyone here confirm the problem is not from my lumia 900? Thanks a lot!
Connected to local STARBUCKS Wi-FI without any issue with my L900.

wzd105

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I'd like to report back. I went to ATT store today and no problem connecting to the ATT wifi there. My lumia 900 connected automatically and did not ask for a login. So I guess it is a problem with certain ATT wifi hotspots.

hiko36

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
I actually received a text while I was in Austin saying that my Lumia had failed to connect to a Hotspot, even though I never attempted to connect to one haha

jeff.r.gnome

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
I found a workaround for my Lumia 925 (on Amber) while staying at a Hilton with attwifi. Their access point auto connects for iPhones, but not for Win Phone 8. Instead, it prompts you to purchase, sign in with ATT WiFi, and so on. Since my friend had an iPhone that was on with no problems, I set their WiFi connection statically to match the IP of my Windows Phone (which was on the WiFi, but not passing the proxy page automatically like the iPhone does). With that IP set manually (and matching other settings like gateway, DNS, etc), I let iPhone do its magic. Then I switched the iPhone back to DHCP. Now my windows phone is appearing as an authenticated iPhone! I can browse freely from both phones simultaneously. Both phones are on AT&T with a data plan that qualifies for access, so I'm just getting the WiFi I would otherwise get if my Lumia 925 was an iPhone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12