On the fence...

paolojackson

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I was sold on the 900, but I didn't get a chance to pre-order. Then the reviews start to come in and while things are positive, they aren't as great as I was hoping them to be. A couple things stick out to me and have me on the fence (or leaning towards 900):

1. Camera - people talk about this yellowish tint, blue tints in low light, etc etc. I am coming from the original Focus and I'm fairly happy with the camera except 1) it takes forever to focus, 2) the low light w/flash is not that good.

Can we expect Nokia/MS to make some updates to improve the camera performance?

2. Battery Life - I'm reading all sorts of things on battery life of the 900. Some people are very happy, others are greatly disappointed. My Focus will only last past midnight if I go to battery saver and on little use. Here I'm not sure what to expect...I know it will be better than what I am currently better, but I would like it to be MUCH better.

3. Compatibility moving forward - I'm sure this has been addressed, but can we expect the 900 to support Windows Phone 8 (Apollo)? I really hope that Apollo will support higher resolution screens... It just looks better.

4. Nokia Apps - What apps are exclusive to Nokia and what kind of value do they provide? I can't find a list of them but Nokia Maps, CNN, ESPN...do they make a difference?

Thanks for taking the time to read my thread.

jbjtkbw007

Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
1. I still think the camera is subjective and some of it boils down to the user.

2. This is very subjective. Sorry, but no 2 users will get the same experience.

3. Speculation. No one can answer this. Only opinions will be had here. Signs point to yes however, from discussions being had.

4. Nokia seems to have a good history here, but since this is my first Nokia, I'll have to wait and see for myself.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Just took a pic of my power bill to verify my address for an online stock trader (don't have a scanner near me). The detail was incredible. I put it on "macro" and disabled the flash.

WayCool

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Paolo

I would expect updates that improve both the camera AND the battery life.. I believe the battery issues will be fixed in the update due on Monday 4/16. Not sure if any camera issue will be included. They did fix a significant issues with the 800 and I would expect something very similar with the 900.

In fact.. it would not surprise me if they didnt ship the 900 with the same camera firmware with the expectation they would release the update very shortly after release of the phone..

Just my opinion....

I also expect these generation 2 phones to be Apollo capable as well...

1414H77

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
This is just a great phone. The battery life has really been superb with LTE in full use. I have had them all- every single release of the iPhone, numerous Android phones, etc., and this is by far my favorite. WP7 is really refreshing and the build quality of the Nokia Lumia 900 is just the best. Totally, completely impressed.

Bifurcated

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Just get the damn phone. People will nitpick about the details until the cows come home, but the basic truth is, it's an awesome phone that will make you smile every time you pick it up.

larrynj

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Just get the damn phone. People will nitpick about the details until the cows come home, but the basic truth is, it's an awesome phone that will make you smile every time you pick it up.

I agree! I think some people over analyze things. Get the phone, if you find you don't like it simply return it and get something else.

I used Nokia Transit in NYC last weekend. It was awesome!

HillBillJr

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Please remember people who hang out here are obviously passionate about their phones (including me). It is safe to say that this is the worst case scenario. The extremely high user reviews that we are seeing on AT&T and Amazon websites are more reflective of the general population. After playing with the Camera settings on this phone, I am pretty convinced that this is not a hardware issue (which is a good thing). I am hopeful that Nokia will tweak the settings to make this better. I am a long time Nokia customer and they are very good at incremental tweaks.

There is nothing like a perfect phone..they all have something that may not satisy you. This phone although not perfect, is as good as it gets. I suggest you jump right in..your maximum risk is $35 along with the time and effort.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon