How to take better photos with your Lumia 900

nokia4life

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
This bites Nokia just needs to release a software update to help since there is no BSI also mine seems to have a tard for a flash it seems it shoots before then lags and the picture comes out dark

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Cypz

May 30, 2011
Visit site
This bites Nokia just needs to release a software update to help since there is no BSI also mine seems to have a tard for a flash it seems it shoots before then lags and the picture comes out dark

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

I have the same issue with the flash. All flash photos appear dark.

I find the camera works fantastic outside with lots of light, but once I go inside my house the low-light photos are absolute garbage. I have tried adjusting the settings... and I am familiar with manual camera settings from owning a few DSLR camera's.

Oh well, hopefully there will be a software fix that can help. Aside from the camera the phone is fantastic in my opinion.

GlowingBlue

May 15, 2012
Visit site
White Bleeding... so badly.

I've tried tweaking around the settings but there doesn't seem to be one setting that I can just use as an everyday setting. I came from an iPhone 4, and I love the Mango UI and workflow, but the camera has been very frustrating to use.

It's wonderful that the phone has a dedicated button to activate the camera, but the time saved from that, doesn't make up for the time it takes to fiddle with settings. It's sad I think the camera is as good as the camera on my bold 9900, when I was expecting a 4s competitor, or a Onex Competitor. *sigh.

Here are some samples of pictures, can anyone shed some light into what I can do differently to improve shots? I tried the OP settings but they made the white bleeding a lot more intense... Am I doing something wrong?

iPhone 4 - Focused on my keyboard
iPhone 4 - Focused on my White Document
Lumia 900 - Default Factory Settings - Focused on my keyboard
Lumia 900 - Default Factory Settings - Focused on my keyboard
Lumia 900 - OPs' Settings - Focused on my keyboard
Lumia 900 - OPs' Settings - Focused on my White Document

ChristianKing

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Comming from a Titan to the Lumia 900, if i'm being honest, the Lumia 900 camera SUCKS! :mad: What really sucks is that I can tweak the images to reach the Titan quality which means without question it's a software issue for the most part. :dry

I'm well aware that HTC uses BSI sensors, but I've still been able to get an amazing picture in low light out of the 900 if I spend 5 minutes tweaking and making adjustments. :straight: The 800 has the same issues. Nokia sacrifised camera software development time to get the 900 out before the Galaxy SIII and the iPhone 5. I understand why they had to roll it out with subpar camera software, but there is nothing stopping them from a software update that at the very least gives you an image that matches what you see on the screen with the Auto Settings.

I hope they improve the camera. It's the only real complaint I have with the device and we don't need anymore perception problems attached to windows phone. I can live with the vibrate rattle, an unexpected reboot or 2, and some screen color calibration issues from time to time, but I want my camera to be as good as my Titan. I love the Titan camera. Everyone that looks at pictures taken on the Titan are amazed (We won't even talk about pics from the Titan II).

We all know the Pureview tech is comming but I hope nokia does right by the phone that's saving them in america and gives us an update. The 900 deserves that for the sales it's generated.

TMavC5

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Good tips if you have the time to make the changes.

Problem is when you want to just " capture the moment " and send it off to Mom, Dad, Grandma, or social sites you're not going to have time to change settings and will end up with a subpar shot.

The camera is the one thing stopping me from getting the 900. I can't see moving to a lesser camera then I have now. I'm keeping watch out for a software update from Nokia and then will see about making the move.
Hopefully Nokia will release fixes soon on camera.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss