Ok here is my question, if I have the phone locked with a password and completely asleep if I push the camera button should it take me to the camera app?
    I have notice that for it to work I have to awake the phone by pushing the button first (so that it shows the screen saver) and then the camera button, then it takes me so that I can take a picture. Is this normal?

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    04-13-2012 01:52 PM
    Ok here is my question, if I have the phone locked with a password and completely asleep if I push the camera button should it take me to the camera app?
    I have notice that for it to work I have to awake the phone by pushing the button first (so that it shows the screen saver) and then the camera button, then it takes me so that I can take a picture. Is this normal?

No, you shouldn't need to wake the phone first. Make sure you HOLD down the camera button for 3-5 seconds. It should vibrate and open the camera directly.

Also, you *may* have disabled this feature. Go to Settings, swipe right for App settings, go to pictures+camera, and make sure:
    "Press and hold camera button to wake the phone" is turned ON
    "Prevent accidental camera launch" is OFF
    04-13-2012 02:08 PM
    Thanks for the info, maybe I need to go to the att store as I definitely need to wake up the phone in order for the camera to start with the button.

04-13-2012 02:40 PM
    my focus s would do this sometimes too, but personally i find it faster to click power and then hold the camera button for maybe 1-2 seconds to get to the camera
    04-13-2012 04:24 PM
    Happened to me for a bit. Turned off the "wake" feature, rebooted, turned it back on... has since done it every time.
    04-13-2012 06:01 PM
    I asked about this here a bit earlier, turns out that the trick is the proximity sensor (top left corner). It's active when the screen is off and so if your hand is in the way the camera won't fire. It also tends to like it if you keep you right hand clear too and just hit the button with a single finger.
    reelon likes this.
    04-13-2012 06:43 PM
    I asked about this here a bit earlier, turns out that the trick is the proximity sensor (top left corner). It's active when the screen is off and so if your hand is in the way the camera won't fire. It also tends to like it if you keep you right hand clear too and just hit the button with a single finger.
    that did it!! Works flawlessly now!

04-14-2012 12:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD