Wireless Sync Can't Detect Phone!

aewatsonsr77

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I'm trying to set up wireless sync between my home network and my Lumia 900. I have my phone connected to the network but when I try to set up wireless sync an error message (80004001) appears and it says it can't detect my phone. This seems to be a simple process and I'm wondering where I'm going wrong. This is a nice feature that I would love to be able to take advantage of. Any suggestions?

Sridhar V

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm trying to set up wireless sync between my home network and my Lumia 900. I have my phone connected to the network but when I try to set up wireless sync an error message (80004001) appears and it says it can't detect my phone. This seems to be a simple process and I'm wondering where I'm going wrong. This is a nice feature that I would love to be able to take advantage of. Any suggestions?

http://www.zune.net/en-US/support/sync/syncwireless/setupwirelesssync.htm

confirm that ports 1900 and 2869 are open

1. Click Start.
  2. In the search box, type Windows Firewall with Advanced Security.
  3. Open the firewall program, and in the left column, click Inbound Rules.
  4. In the center pane, scroll down to the Zune Wireless Sync entries, and in the Enabled column, select Yes for ports 1900 and 2869.

Last edited:

Adiliyo

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
i think you have to do the initial setup while connected to the computer and zune software.

however i'm having issues doing this in win8CP but i'm thinking it may be the OS, because it worked fine on my focus and focus s in win7

chsoriano

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
It's already been confirmed that you cannot use Zune wireless sync on Windows 8 CP on Microsoft Answers. A bit frustrating for me as all of my machines are running the CP.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven