04-17-2012 12:32 PM
87 ... 234
tools
    That changelog looks like heresay, not official from Nokia. I wouldn't trust it 100%. Remember, that MAIN cause of this update is the data issue, so as long as that's done, to me, anything else is a bonus at this time. I mean, seriously, they got the update out ahead of schedule. Normally, this kind of response DOESN'T HAPPEN.

I think we need to relax and take what we can get at the moment.
    04-14-2012 11:17 AM
    My phone's been acting wonky since the update. It's TOO responsive and the buttons are super, super sensitive.

I'm watching netflix with it sitting on my desk right now and it keeps going to the bing screen every few minutes if I go anywhere near it. Now when I touch the home key, it goes to the voice activation rather than the home screen. I can't touch it lightly enough to go to the home screen.

Everything was perfect before the update, I don't understand what's going on.
    04-14-2012 11:27 AM
    The phone is definitely zippier..not sure if it is due to the reboot. We shall see..I like this update so far. One new issue I found..earlier I could launch the camera from screen OFF position, now I cannot.
    I'm having the same issue. Before the update, I could launch the camera with the screen off, but now after the update no matter how long I hold the button or mess around with the settings, it won't launch the camera with the screen off. I have to turn on the screen, then hold down the camera button to launch the camera.
    04-14-2012 04:01 PM
    I'm having the same issue. Before the update, I could launch the camera with the screen off, but now after the update no matter how long I hold the button or mess around with the settings, it won't launch the camera with the screen off. I have to turn on the screen, then hold down the camera button to launch the camera.
    Try this hold the camera button make sure you feel the second click (2 stage button) then count 3 seconds. Hold the camera button again in about 4 seconds it will open that is what mine is doing.
    04-14-2012 04:08 PM
    Can't even get the update to work. Zune gives me an error code. C00D070A

The last thing I wan't to do is factory reset and have to put everything back on my phone right after I spent a week slowly getting everything on my phone.
    04-14-2012 07:00 PM
    The phone is definitely zippier..not sure if it is due to the reboot. We shall see..I like this update so far. One new issue I found..earlier I could launch the camera from screen OFF position, now I cannot.
    go to settings and swipe to the side for applications., go to camara settings and toggle the second switch ( Press and hold camera button to wake up the phone) and make sure the third toggle is off (prevent accidental camara lauch whebn phone locked) The update somehow changed my settings.
    04-15-2012 08:25 PM
    I am currently updating my phone as I type this and a thought occurred. Did Nokia get around having to wait for ATT to get this update out? Normally the updates are OTA and I have never had to use Zune for it. Is this a sign that Nokia will be able to get us the goods we need faster and not have to deal with ATT's politics???
    You have never actually updated a windows phone then. The updates have NEVER been OTA. There is a notification sent OTA but you can usually get the actual update before the notification, if the update is available. I can't say if Nokia is getting around att politics in some way, but Zune has always been the only way to update so that isn't unusual.
    04-15-2012 08:48 PM
    The screen IS more responsive. I like the USA Today App and the scrolling on it was lagged by about half a second when reading an article. I got used to it. This lag as completely disappeared after the update. Very Cool Indeed. Thanks Nokia!
    04-15-2012 08:57 PM
    In initial testing it seems to have addressed the Outlook notifications issue I was having!
    04-16-2012 08:54 AM
    I installed the update the other day, but haven't really noticed any differences... which is fine because my phone was working flawlessly before the update anyway.
    04-16-2012 11:17 AM
    You have never actually updated a windows phone then. The updates have NEVER been OTA. There is a notification sent OTA but you can usually get the actual update before the notification, if the update is available. I can't say if Nokia is getting around att politics in some way, but Zune has always been the only way to update so that isn't unusual.
    I had and update for my Focus S and it was OTA. I did not have to go through Zune for it. So from my experience this was new.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    04-16-2012 12:33 PM
    I was having an issue downloading the update. I had gone to the Nokia Web site and followed the directions exactly and Zune wasnt popping up the update window for my phone when I plugged it into my pc. So i used the Nokia Customer Care chat and the lady took 10 minutes to check and see if the OS version I gave her was the right one. During that 10 minutes, I decided to uninstall Zune (which I had only downloaded 3 days before) and reinstall it. It worked. So if you are having an issue with the Zune not recognizing your device for the update, try uninstalling and re-installing first
    04-17-2012 12:32 PM
87 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD