09-19-2012 06:16 PM
161 12345 ...
tools
    @dtshin

This very well could be an AT&T network issue as it seems like the phone is not searching for LTE once it goes to HSPA. Try talking to AT&T tech support and open a ticket ( good luck with that :D)
    04-16-2012 11:00 PM
    Wow... and people wonder why iPhones are flying off the shelves. They "just work".
    04-16-2012 11:06 PM
    The GPS on my Lumia 900 seems to have issues. I work in Dallas and live in Arlington, TX. In Arlington, my GOS works fine; maps pinpoints my home exactly and Foursquare pulls up places in my area. However, when I am in Dallas, my GPS puts me in Atlanta or Pittsburgh. I have a work phone that is an LG Thrill and its GPS has no problem picking up my location in the middle of downtown. Anyone else having issues with GPS?
    04-17-2012 11:07 AM
    The GPS on my Lumia 900 seems to have issues. I work in Dallas and live in Arlington, TX. In Arlington, my GOS works fine; maps pinpoints my home exactly and Foursquare pulls up places in my area. However, when I am in Dallas, my GPS puts me in Atlanta or Pittsburgh. I have a work phone that is an LG Thrill and its GPS has no problem picking up my location in the middle of downtown. Anyone else having issues with GPS?
    Yeah I was just about to post something here on location services. My issue is different, when using apps that rely on location based services (Yelp, Bing, Nokia Drive) sometimes the GPS isn't working at all and the app says location services aren't working or turned off. I check and they are turned on. To fix it I have to toggle the on/off for all location services and then it works again (or power cycle the phone).

I'm also having the occasional bug where the camera button won't wake the phone from sleep mode and inline controls don't work when the screen is off.

The issues are minor though and I'm sure Nokia will iron these out. I love this phone still.
    04-17-2012 12:54 PM
    Wow... and people wonder why iPhones are flying off the shelves. They "just work".
    Every phone has it's issues, like the battery bug in the iPhone 4S or volume control bug in the GSM Galaxy Nexus. It's not about whether it exists or not (that's a whole separate issue) but how quickly they fix it, because no piece of software is ever 100% bug-free.
    04-17-2012 01:08 PM
    Apps start to open and then crash back into the home screen.
    If I then go to task switching (long press the back button) the app title is shown with a black box above it.
    The app does not open when tried.
    When relaunching the app again, it usually opens.
    04-17-2012 05:03 PM
    Apps start to open and then crash back into the home screen.
    If I then go to task switching (long press the back button) the app title is shown with a black box above it.
    The app does not open when tried.
    When relaunching the app again, it usually opens.
    What apps are you having trouble with?
    04-17-2012 09:35 PM
    After the update I've had issues with Exchange email. One or two times a day the mail stops syncing. It doesn't show as out of sync and pushing sync doesn't make the progress bar start going. Also, it doesn't show connection errors.

I've verified I have data connectivity and can browse sites. I've tested on wifi and LTE. I've toggled data as well as airplane mode on and off. The only way to bring it back is to power cycle the phone.

Any thoughts? I called ATT and they called Nokia who said it's likely a credential problem.....seriously....
    04-18-2012 02:21 PM
    After the update I've had issues with Exchange email. One or two times a day the mail stops syncing. It doesn't show as out of sync and pushing sync doesn't make the progress bar start going. Also, it doesn't show connection errors.

I've verified I have data connectivity and can browse sites. I've tested on wifi and LTE. I've toggled data as well as airplane mode on and off. The only way to bring it back is to power cycle the phone.

Any thoughts? I called ATT and they called Nokia who said it's likely a credential problem.....seriously....
    I've had no issues with exchange. Mails popup right when my desktop client receive them. A quick question though...when you have the sync issue what happens when you send out an email..say to yourself? Do they go out and do you receive it on the desktop client or are they stuck in the outbox of the phone?
    04-18-2012 02:58 PM
    I've had no issues with exchange. Mails popup right when my desktop client receive them. A quick question though...when you have the sync issue what happens when you send out an email..say to yourself? Do they go out and do you receive it on the desktop client or are they stuck in the outbox of the phone?
    I haven't tested sending out when it acts up but I'll do that next. It's just so odd that it keeps saying it's up to date as opposed to "last updated x minutes ago" like it normally would if there was an issue. I'll let ya know!
    04-18-2012 03:27 PM
    ok just exchanged my lumia for another one cause of the back button problems. Now this new lumia does not have the back button problem, but i noticed that my inline controls are not working on this and i dont know if its just me, but has anyone noticed that even when the volume is maxed out at 30, it really isn't all that loud.
    04-18-2012 04:06 PM
    ok just exchanged my lumia for another one cause of the back button problems. Now this new lumia does not have the back button problem, but i noticed that my inline controls are not working on this and i dont know if its just me, but has anyone noticed that even when the volume is maxed out at 30, it really isn't all that loud.
    Dude - you seem cursed with bad units.
    04-18-2012 05:05 PM
    does your volume seem fine or is it a tad bit low? maybe im just exxagerating but compared to other phones it def seems low.
    04-18-2012 07:18 PM
    My volume is too damn loud if anything.

Setting 1 is crazy loud.
    04-18-2012 08:50 PM
    My volume is too damn loud if anything.

Setting 1 is crazy loud.
    not talking about in call volume, that goes up to 10 and is kinda loud, but when you play a song and listen to it over the headphones, it goes up to 30 but even 30 seems a tad lower that the max volume on other phones. can anyone else confirm this too
    04-18-2012 09:01 PM
    not talking about in call volume, that goes up to 10 and is kinda loud, but when you play a song and listen to it over the headphones, it goes up to 30 but even 30 seems a tad lower that the max volume on other phones. can anyone else confirm this too
    I can confirm that on my headphones, 30/30 seems like medium volume.
    04-18-2012 11:19 PM
    I can confirm that on my headphones, 30/30 seems like medium volume.
    Yep, that's the answer i was looking for. Listening to music/podcasts is what i use the phone mostly for and even though the volume is not that low, compared to my titan it just seems way worse. Not sure if i am keeping this phone past 30 days.
    04-18-2012 11:39 PM
    Yep, that's the answer i was looking for. Listening to music/podcasts is what i use the phone mostly for and even though the volume is not that low, compared to my titan it just seems way worse. Not sure if i am keeping this phone past 30 days.
    What kind of headphones are you using? I tried out my Apple headphones, they seemed the quietest, and cheap Sony in ear headphones, which were still quiet. Then I tried my Turtle Beach xbox headset and that went up way high, so its not like the device doesn't have the ability to go up high, I'm thinking its the headset. I can stand it for now, and I plan on buying some nice headphones soon. I'm thinking the Nokia in-ear Purity.
    04-19-2012 02:09 AM
    For the volume issue - I'm currently using Bose - in ear headphones (pretty old pair) and it sounds fine. BUT when I'm teaching either my Zumba or Turbo Kick class, it seems like the sound starts off pretty quiet when I queue up a playlist, and gets louder on the second track. It's kind of...odd? Example: This morning I had the volume turned up on the surround sound board in class - warmup track was horribly silent, but when the second song kicked in it practially blasted.
    04-19-2012 10:22 AM
    Playing music or podcast through the speaker causes the touch buttons issues. When I put in my headphones, everything works fine. I tried it about ten times. It also happens when playing games. I'm pretty sure that's why the pop ups happen.
    04-19-2012 10:33 AM
    Pre-update: Holding the camera button with the screen off worked perfectly.

Post-update: Holding the camera button with the screen off no longer works despite tinkering with the settings and multiple reboots. I have to turn on the screen and then hold down the camera button for it to work.
    I updated pretty quick and may not have figured out the camera-from-off quick access before I updated. But post-update, my camera-from-off works sometimes, but not others. I haven't yet noticed if any specific prior action breaks the quick access. Power cycle seems to fix it though.

Not a biggie, but an annoyance. Pressing power first and then camera always works though.
    04-19-2012 01:19 PM
    I have the volume and camera button issue when the phone is "sleeping", turning it on and then trying it again works flawlessly. Same thing through the inline controls on the purity in ear headphones.

My back and windows buttons also act up exactly as others are describing. Playing any audio through the phone's speaker for a while and then pressing the home/back button acts as a long press. Plugging the headphones in solves this immediately.

I really care more about the back button issue, but I trust Nokia will fix it. Still very happy with the phone otherwise.
    04-19-2012 05:04 PM
    I think I found a reliable way to make the back button break. Go play penguin and get at least 8000 points, it would probably work with less, but you can do 8000, right? When you lose, press return to main menu and then press the back button. It should error in the way that everyone on here us saying it does. I got it to do it pretty reliably a few times, so give it a try and see if this is a widespread issue or if a new device is necessary to fix it.
    04-19-2012 05:22 PM
    like many of you, i just got the lumia 900 and i did update it. but i found 2 issues.

1. sometimes the phone will just indicate no service and the phone tile will say "emergency calls only" but i can still send/receive data on the network

2. the phone indicates 4g instead of LTE in areas i used to have lte
    04-19-2012 06:18 PM
    Im now having the issue of the camera button not bringing the phone out of sleep. I noticed it didn't work today. I restarted the phone and still nothing. Oh well. Still love it.
    04-19-2012 10:47 PM
161 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD