(Official) Lumia 900 bugs list [New Firmware]

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
This thread is only for devices running on the new firmware upadte (4-13-11)​

If you have a bug with your device please report it in this thread. There are many category's of bugs the ones we are looking are bugs that occur in many devices and can be repeated. I will add them to this post so others will have a quick reference to what to watch out for. Not every issue reported will make this list. Just because something is not working on your device that doesn't make it a reportable bug with this device. A hardware issue with your device is not going to make this list. A compatibility issue with your car bluetooth, your headphones, etc... is not going to make this list. Please do post these issue in this thread or start another someone might have an answerer that can help you but don't expect these issues to make the official bug list.

1) Some Lumias have a purple hew at low light
2) Camera button and Volume buttons don't work when the screen is off sometimes
3) Some are still reporting data issues after the update

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
This happened a couple times pre-update, and just happened a few minutes ago, post-update. When I tap the back button, the last open app will popup as if I did a long press, although the tap was anything but long. Only happens maybe 1 out of 10 or 15 times. Think the long press timing may be a tad too sensitive.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

diod123

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
In-line music controls on headphones

I have the Nokia/Monster Purity headphones, and there is an issue where the phone does not register pause/forward when the phone is asleep. It does not happen all of the time, but enough to be annoying. I am guessing this is a software (or firmware?) issue with the phone, but I am not certain. I was hoping it would have been fixed with the update yesterday.

Haklong

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site
Laggy WiFi still. :/

Same problem here. I had a first unit and it was perfect except for the data issue. I returned it and got this one. Now the data is fine but the WiFi is laggy. Wonder if they will release a fix for this or will I need to exchange his one too. Which would mean that my new one could have another problem.

diod123

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
Same problem here. I had a first unit and it was perfect except for the data issue. I returned it and got this one. Now the data is fine but the WiFi is laggy. Wonder if they will release a fix for this or will I need to exchange his one too. Which would mean that my new one could have another problem.
I would say that if you are still having WiFi issues, I would exchange it. My WiFi is crazy fast now. Pain I know, but the odds that you get a new one with issues are low.

lhickam

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
I have the Nokia/Monster Purity headphones, and there is an issue where the phone does not register pause/forward when the phone is asleep. It does not happen all of the time, but enough to be annoying. I am guessing this is a software (or firmware?) issue with the phone, but I am not certain. I was hoping it would have been fixed with the update yesterday.
I have this same issue. In-Line mic controls do not work properly/consistently on music that is downloaded to the device (ie: podcasts, music, etc) when the phone is asleep (screen off).. but work fine if the screen is on or on the lock screen.

Weird thing is that it works fine with streaming audio from apps like iheartradio or slacker.. even with the phone asleep.

It is really frustrating for someone who relies on in-line controls as much as I do... really need a fix for this right away... its a deal breaker for me.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I have this same issue. In-Line mic controls do not work properly/consistently on music that is downloaded to the device (ie: podcasts, music, etc) when the phone is asleep (screen off).. but work fine if the screen is on or on the lock screen.

Weird thing is that it works fine with streaming audio from apps like iheartradio or slacker.. even with the phone asleep.

It is really frustrating for someone who relies on in-line controls as much as I do... really need a fix for this right away... its a deal breaker for me.

as i've posted in other thread, ditto on this

The best luck I've had is with the nokia purity in-ears, which seem to work alot more than any other headphones, even with the screen locked and asleep. Not all the time, but more than any others I've tried. That said, it's still a huge frustration.

FYI the issue is much worse with the Focus S, which almost never works, no matter which headphones you use. The original Focus worked 100% of the time with headphones that were made to work with it.

Keep in mind, many headset controls simply won't work at all because of different contact points on the phone jacks. Most headsets made to work with iPhones, for example.

Final-MacGyver

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
No sure if this is a bug or not but, when I plug the phone in to charge there is quite a bit of delay before the phone chimes and lights up recognizing that its plugged in and charging. On My HTC arrive as soon as I plugged it in the phone indicated it was charging and made the chime that it was plugged in. On the 900 it seems like it is just really really slow to recognize this.

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
I have the inline remote on headset issue, along with the camera button and volume buttons not working consistently while the screen is off. They work perfectly with it on.

I was still having issues where my Wifi would lose all bandwidth (while still being connected to the router), but I did a device reset and haven't seen that since, so hopefully that issue is no longer present.

Edit: Wishful thinking, as it just happened again.

Last edited:

kashk5

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
Pre-update: Holding the camera button with the screen off worked perfectly.

Post-update: Holding the camera button with the screen off no longer works despite tinkering with the settings and multiple reboots. I have to turn on the screen and then hold down the camera button for it to work.

ddaniel87

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site
Phone is now much better. HOWEVER, After extended use, without switching off, the phone starts to get very laggy, especially when holding the back button and trying to load pages of apps in the task switcher. Reboot eliminates.

Arfy

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
This happened a couple times pre-update, and just happened a few minutes ago, post-update. When I tap the back button, the last open app will popup as if I did a long press, although the tap was anything but long. Only happens maybe 1 out of 10 or 15 times. Think the long press timing may be a tad too sensitive.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

This happens to me while music is playing but no other time.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if this is a bug, but my Lumia froze for the first time earlier today. It didn't do that in the 3 or 4 days I had it before the update. Hopefully it was just a random one-off. My Lumia 800 never did that in the 5 months I've owned it.

sayamachiharu

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Bing popping up on its own then phone freezes. Had this since day one even now after firmware. Windows TalkMe activates on its own then phone freezes! Very irritating!!!!

Went to stores several times to get a replacement. Out of stock. No news of shipment. Now I am considering jumping back to Android. Too much hassle going on here!!! @_@ I love this phone so much but my defective model drains away the pleasure of using it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077