(Official) Lumia 900 bugs list [New Firmware]

NicholasCL

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
My volume buttons don't work when screen is off and every once in a while my inline control will pause with the screen off but it will never play.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
re: inline controls not working when the screen is off

I opened a dialogue on twitter with @NokiaCareUS and after a few exchanges, the person said they would look into it

I also entered a ticket on nokia's US website.

I would recommend anyone having the same problem do this as well. The more the better...

jfreiman

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I noticed yesterday that sometimes internet explorer will have the menu bar completely whited out and there would be no functionality of the soft buttons. A long press of the back button and selecting the same page would restore the menu bar. Really weird. The previous issue of the volume and camera buttons not working on the standby is gone with the update. I also encountered a slowness after awhile of not rebooting. But that could be due to my 70 tiles on the start screen (I'm a live tile freak, :p), which could also be harming my battery life. Its as bad as my OG focus.

I experienced the same issue with IE on the old firmware, I have not seen it happen since updating.
As for Live Tiles, I have 16 loaded and don't seem to have any slowdowns. BTW, I only have my weather app running as a background task (email, messages and OS not withstanding)

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Just to follow up on a post I made earlier in the thread in which I stated I started having the data/call bug after the update. Well, according to the guys at the AT&T store, this problem was caused by the Tornado that ripped thru Woodward, OK on Saturday night. Yes, I live in Woodward. I'm not really sure why I didn't make that connection, but the phone is working perfectly now.

I still have my inline headphone control problem, but from what I've seen on this board, it sounds like a device-wide issue, not a bug with my individual phone.

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
re: inline controls not working when the screen is off

I opened a dialogue on twitter with @NokiaCareUS and after a few exchanges, the person said they would look into it

I also entered a ticket on nokia's US website.

I would recommend anyone having the same problem do this as well. The more the better...

I emailed them and they told me "Go back to AT&T and ask them". But there's also a few threads on their discussion forum as well.

Jeff Kibuule

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
Bing popping up on its own then phone freezes. Had this since day one even now after firmware. Windows TalkMe activates on its own then phone freezes! Very irritating!!!!

Went to stores several times to get a replacement. Out of stock. No news of shipment. Now I am considering jumping back to Android. Too much hassle going on here!!! @_@ I love this phone so much but my defective model drains away the pleasure of using it.

I have the same problem. It's infuriating, especially when I'm testing the app. I don't want to let anyone use it because of the bug will totally ruin their experience with it.

Jeff Kibuule

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
I have a Nokia Lumia 900 that has been patched/updated to the new firmware update. (Firmware revision 2175.1002.8112.1204)

After losing data connectivity (going into the subway, going into an elevator) and then re-establishing connectivity, my phone will only connect to 4G; it will not establish LTE connectivity. Even turning on and off the airplane mode, it only establishes in 4G. Only a power cycle will have the phone re-connect to LTE.

I've also run a speed test (with app BandWidth) to confirm that I'm getting 4G (4.65 Mbps) connection instead of LTE (8.60 Mbps).

Is anyone else experiencing this?

You need to call AT&T and make sure you have an LTE data plan. It's separate from the old 3G or "4G" plans, so swapping a SIM won't change the plan. They don't give you access to changin it until they detect a compatible device. Luckily they don't change it back as I've swapped between my iPhone 4S and Lumia 900 and always gotten LTE on my 900 (but only after I called to change the plan).

dtshin

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
You need to call AT&T and make sure you have an LTE data plan. It's separate from the old 3G or "4G" plans, so swapping a SIM won't change the plan. They don't give you access to changin it until they detect a compatible device. Luckily they don't change it back as I've swapped between my iPhone 4S and Lumia 900 and always gotten LTE on my 900 (but only after I called to change the plan).

Hmmm... interesting. I do have an older plan (2GB for $25), which was grandfathered in when I upgraded to the Lumia 900. As I see online in my account, the plan is now called "DataPro 2GB for Smartphone 4G LTE". (the Lumia 900 is available for upgrade as long as the data package is more than $20, according to AT&T's fine print).

Just to clarify - I do get LTE - only after a power cycle. But when I lose the signal (either I'm in the subway or in an elevator), it will only connect to 4G. I have to power off and back on to re-establish LTE - kind of a drag, as LTE is a noticeable difference from "4G". I may upgrade my package to the 3GB ($25) plan, if I do make good use of the connection!

HillBillJr

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
@dtshin

This very well could be an AT&T network issue as it seems like the phone is not searching for LTE once it goes to HSPA. Try talking to AT&T tech support and open a ticket ( good luck with that :D)

Jarism

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
The GPS on my Lumia 900 seems to have issues. I work in Dallas and live in Arlington, TX. In Arlington, my GOS works fine; maps pinpoints my home exactly and Foursquare pulls up places in my area. However, when I am in Dallas, my GPS puts me in Atlanta or Pittsburgh. I have a work phone that is an LG Thrill and its GPS has no problem picking up my location in the middle of downtown. Anyone else having issues with GPS?

ganks

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
The GPS on my Lumia 900 seems to have issues. I work in Dallas and live in Arlington, TX. In Arlington, my GOS works fine; maps pinpoints my home exactly and Foursquare pulls up places in my area. However, when I am in Dallas, my GPS puts me in Atlanta or Pittsburgh. I have a work phone that is an LG Thrill and its GPS has no problem picking up my location in the middle of downtown. Anyone else having issues with GPS?

Yeah I was just about to post something here on location services. My issue is different, when using apps that rely on location based services (Yelp, Bing, Nokia Drive) sometimes the GPS isn't working at all and the app says location services aren't working or turned off. I check and they are turned on. To fix it I have to toggle the on/off for all location services and then it works again (or power cycle the phone).

I'm also having the occasional bug where the camera button won't wake the phone from sleep mode and inline controls don't work when the screen is off.

The issues are minor though and I'm sure Nokia will iron these out. I love this phone still.

Jeff Kibuule

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
Wow... and people wonder why iPhones are flying off the shelves. They "just work".

Every phone has it's issues, like the battery bug in the iPhone 4S or volume control bug in the GSM Galaxy Nexus. It's not about whether it exists or not (that's a whole separate issue) but how quickly they fix it, because no piece of software is ever 100% bug-free.

jfreiman

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Apps start to open and then crash back into the home screen.
If I then go to task switching (long press the back button) the app title is shown with a black box above it.
The app does not open when tried.
When relaunching the app again, it usually opens.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Apps start to open and then crash back into the home screen.
If I then go to task switching (long press the back button) the app title is shown with a black box above it.
The app does not open when tried.
When relaunching the app again, it usually opens.

What apps are you having trouble with?

samuch

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
After the update I've had issues with Exchange email. One or two times a day the mail stops syncing. It doesn't show as out of sync and pushing sync doesn't make the progress bar start going. Also, it doesn't show connection errors.

I've verified I have data connectivity and can browse sites. I've tested on wifi and LTE. I've toggled data as well as airplane mode on and off. The only way to bring it back is to power cycle the phone.

Any thoughts? I called ATT and they called Nokia who said it's likely a credential problem.....seriously....

Sridhar V

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
After the update I've had issues with Exchange email. One or two times a day the mail stops syncing. It doesn't show as out of sync and pushing sync doesn't make the progress bar start going. Also, it doesn't show connection errors.

I've verified I have data connectivity and can browse sites. I've tested on wifi and LTE. I've toggled data as well as airplane mode on and off. The only way to bring it back is to power cycle the phone.

Any thoughts? I called ATT and they called Nokia who said it's likely a credential problem.....seriously....

I've had no issues with exchange. Mails popup right when my desktop client receive them. A quick question though...when you have the sync issue what happens when you send out an email..say to yourself? Do they go out and do you receive it on the desktop client or are they stuck in the outbox of the phone?

samuch

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
I've had no issues with exchange. Mails popup right when my desktop client receive them. A quick question though...when you have the sync issue what happens when you send out an email..say to yourself? Do they go out and do you receive it on the desktop client or are they stuck in the outbox of the phone?
I haven't tested sending out when it acts up but I'll do that next. It's just so odd that it keeps saying it's up to date as opposed to "last updated x minutes ago" like it normally would if there was an issue. I'll let ya know!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte