(Official) Lumia 900 bugs list [New Firmware]

retropenguin

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
ok just exchanged my lumia for another one cause of the back button problems. Now this new lumia does not have the back button problem, but i noticed that my inline controls are not working on this and i dont know if its just me, but has anyone noticed that even when the volume is maxed out at 30, it really isn't all that loud.

KingCrimson

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
ok just exchanged my lumia for another one cause of the back button problems. Now this new lumia does not have the back button problem, but i noticed that my inline controls are not working on this and i dont know if its just me, but has anyone noticed that even when the volume is maxed out at 30, it really isn't all that loud.

Dude - you seem cursed with bad units.

retropenguin

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
Dude - you seem cursed with bad units.

My volume is too damn loud if anything.

Setting 1 is crazy loud.

not talking about in call volume, that goes up to 10 and is kinda loud, but when you play a song and listen to it over the headphones, it goes up to 30 but even 30 seems a tad lower that the max volume on other phones. can anyone else confirm this too

AJnAtlanta13

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
not talking about in call volume, that goes up to 10 and is kinda loud, but when you play a song and listen to it over the headphones, it goes up to 30 but even 30 seems a tad lower that the max volume on other phones. can anyone else confirm this too
I can confirm that on my headphones, 30/30 seems like medium volume.

retropenguin

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
I can confirm that on my headphones, 30/30 seems like medium volume.

Yep, that's the answer i was looking for. Listening to music/podcasts is what i use the phone mostly for and even though the volume is not that low, compared to my titan it just seems way worse. Not sure if i am keeping this phone past 30 days.

AJnAtlanta13

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Yep, that's the answer i was looking for. Listening to music/podcasts is what i use the phone mostly for and even though the volume is not that low, compared to my titan it just seems way worse. Not sure if i am keeping this phone past 30 days.
What kind of headphones are you using? I tried out my Apple headphones, they seemed the quietest, and cheap Sony in ear headphones, which were still quiet. Then I tried my Turtle Beach xbox headset and that went up way high, so its not like the device doesn't have the ability to go up high, I'm thinking its the headset. I can stand it for now, and I plan on buying some nice headphones soon. I'm thinking the Nokia in-ear Purity.

techygeek82

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
For the volume issue - I'm currently using Bose - in ear headphones (pretty old pair) and it sounds fine. BUT when I'm teaching either my Zumba or Turbo Kick class, it seems like the sound starts off pretty quiet when I queue up a playlist, and gets louder on the second track. It's kind of...odd? Example: This morning I had the volume turned up on the surround sound board in class - warmup track was horribly silent, but when the second song kicked in it practially blasted.

Shobiz

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
Speaker causing button reponse issues

Playing music or podcast through the speaker causes the touch buttons issues. When I put in my headphones, everything works fine. I tried it about ten times. It also happens when playing games. I'm pretty sure that's why the pop ups happen.

EddyKilowatt

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Pre-update: Holding the camera button with the screen off worked perfectly.

Post-update: Holding the camera button with the screen off no longer works despite tinkering with the settings and multiple reboots. I have to turn on the screen and then hold down the camera button for it to work.

I updated pretty quick and may not have figured out the camera-from-off quick access before I updated. But post-update, my camera-from-off works sometimes, but not others. I haven't yet noticed if any specific prior action breaks the quick access. Power cycle seems to fix it though.

Not a biggie, but an annoyance. Pressing power first and then camera always works though.

dirtbikr

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
I have the volume and camera button issue when the phone is "sleeping", turning it on and then trying it again works flawlessly. Same thing through the inline controls on the purity in ear headphones.

My back and windows buttons also act up exactly as others are describing. Playing any audio through the phone's speaker for a while and then pressing the home/back button acts as a long press. Plugging the headphones in solves this immediately.

I really care more about the back button issue, but I trust Nokia will fix it. Still very happy with the phone otherwise.

dirtbikr

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
I think I found a reliable way to make the back button break. Go play penguin and get at least 8000 points, it would probably work with less, but you can do 8000, right? When you lose, press return to main menu and then press the back button. It should error in the way that everyone on here us saying it does. I got it to do it pretty reliably a few times, so give it a try and see if this is a widespread issue or if a new device is necessary to fix it.

jeff77789

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
like many of you, i just got the lumia 900 and i did update it. but i found 2 issues.

1. sometimes the phone will just indicate no service and the phone tile will say "emergency calls only" but i can still send/receive data on the network

2. the phone indicates 4g instead of LTE in areas i used to have lte

whoswhoo

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Im now having the issue of the camera button not bringing the phone out of sleep. I noticed it didn't work today. I restarted the phone and still nothing. Oh well. Still love it.

DalekSnare

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Hmmm... interesting. I do have an older plan (2GB for $25), which was grandfathered in when I upgraded to the Lumia 900. As I see online in my account, the plan is now called "DataPro 2GB for Smartphone 4G LTE". (the Lumia 900 is available for upgrade as long as the data package is more than $20, according to AT&T's fine print).

Just to clarify - I do get LTE - only after a power cycle. But when I lose the signal (either I'm in the subway or in an elevator), it will only connect to 4G. I have to power off and back on to re-establish LTE - kind of a drag, as LTE is a noticeable difference from "4G". I may upgrade my package to the 3GB ($25) plan, if I do make good use of the connection!
I get this too. You don't have to power cycle though; airplane mode on then off will do the job. Still, it's a very annoying issue. I didn't have this problem before the update.

DalekSnare

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
like many of you, i just got the lumia 900 and i did update it. but i found 2 issues.

1. sometimes the phone will just indicate no service and the phone tile will say "emergency calls only" but i can still send/receive data on the network

2. the phone indicates 4g instead of LTE in areas i used to have lte

I also saw issue #2. Try cycling airplane mode; that makes LTE start working in areas like that. I hope this gets fixed soon.

dc116

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
hey i'm gonna weigh in on the audio stuff too.

Headphones: I'm using these noise-isolating earbud headphones and i noticed there is a significant base level of noise (white noise). Definitely much higher than my laptop, haven't compared it to my other mp3 players. Don't know if a software fix can take care of that though. It's present in music and when sound is required, like keypresses.

Phone speaker for games/media: volume 1 is not all that low and each increment doesn't seem to change much

Call Quality: no complaints, but I haven't used it too much so far

tjwheels

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
The past two days I have dropped my signal, the first day I took it to At&t and they struggled to get it connected but finally did. Process was - turn off wifi, turn off phone, restart phone, turn on wifi. They told me it was "wierd" but shouldn't happen again. The next day it did indeed happen again. I'm a little worried it may be some type of bug.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb