(Official) Lumia 900 bugs list [New Firmware]

markwilk

May 2, 2011
Visit site
hey i'm gonna weigh in on the audio stuff too.

Headphones: I'm using these noise-isolating earbud headphones and i noticed there is a significant base level of noise (white noise). Definitely much higher than my laptop, haven't compared it to my other mp3 players. Don't know if a software fix can take care of that though. It's present in music and when sound is required, like keypresses.

Phone speaker for games/media: volume 1 is not all that low and each increment doesn't seem to change much

Call Quality: no complaints, but I haven't used it too much so far

Same here. Speaker volume at "1" seems way loud, and headphone volume is MUCH quieter than the same level would be on my orig. Focus.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

javahooked

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Moved from iPhone4. There are a few problems I am running into. I completed the update so no data issues here but here are a few things that are bothering me
1) Each and everyone I talk to say they hear an echo and that my voice is always distorted. They keep asking me to repeat. Initially I thought it was a random signal issue but no it's literally everyone. The strange thing is if I use headphones with mic the issue goes away.
2) Camera doesn't always launch when the button is pressed from a locked state.
3) MMS (videos) sent from my wife's iphone do not play. They played the first day but not anymore. I can hear the audio but the video is just frozen.

Exchanged my phone for a new one. Will test it today and see how that one does. I really want this to work otherwise I will be going back to my iPhone 4 :(.

TMavC5

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Moved from iPhone4. There are a few problems I am running into. I completed the update so no data issues here but here are a few things that are bothering me
1) Each and everyone I talk to say they hear an echo and that my voice is always distorted. They keep asking me to repeat. Initially I thought it was a random signal issue but no it's literally everyone. The strange thing is if I use headphones with mic the issue goes away.
2) Camera doesn't always launch when the button is pressed from a locked state.
3) MMS (videos) sent from my wife's iphone do not play. They played the first day but not anymore. I can hear the audio but the video is just frozen.

Exchanged my phone for a new one. Will test it today and see how that one does. I really want this to work otherwise I will be going back to my iPhone 4 :(.

Turn ear volume down below 7.

AllPhoneNews

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
  • Battery is still just ok
  • Yellowish photos
  • Camera won't launch on wake
  • Auto brightness sensor is too slow to detect the light
  • Flash doesn't cover the whole area in the photo

KingCrimson

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
  • Battery is still just ok
  • Yellowish photos
  • Camera won't launch on wake
  • Auto brightness sensor is too slow to detect the light
  • Flash doesn't cover the whole area in the photo

- Battery is only ok vs what?
- According to the photos posted on the sticky tread, I don't see much yellowish tint going on.
- what does that mean about camera launch on wake?
- compared to what?

Hector1van

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
Out of Battery Issue

I have completely rundown the battery until the phone shuts off. I did it with my first unit and the second time it happened, the phone would not wake up. The phone got stuck in the ATT screen. The phone would not do anything even after an overnight charge. The charger was working fine because I tested it with my Wife's 900. The phone would not reset, enter download mode or do anything helpful. I returned that unit and got a new one.

The battery has also run down on this unit until shutdown and I'm very worried because the cycle is starting again. The phone give a battery low signal, then lights up the buttons, then lights up the screen to white. Then goes blank, then gives the battery signal repeats over and over. It has been doing that for the last two hours.
Why will this Lumias 900 not charge quickly? Why the long restart after a battery rundown. My old focus would do this for a maximum of 10 minutes while it got sufficient charge.

retropenguin

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
Same here. Speaker volume at "1" seems way loud, and headphone volume is MUCH quieter than the same level would be on my orig. Focus.

Yes same here. sound is way less using headphones as compared to the titan. Even at max 30 it feels like 20 on the titan if compared. and i agree about the white noise comment too.

AJnAtlanta13

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
So after reading all the comments I think that everyone is having the same issue with headphones that do not have a volume slider. Again, the issue is with headphones plugged in the volume at 30/30 seems just medium, and its hard to hear when walking around a noisy city or on the subway. I've found that the only fix for this is to use headphones with a volume slider which you can increase the max volume even more. This means the phone's software has the capabilities to make it louder, I think Nokia just might have slipped up a little bit with the testing.

It seems like this could be an easy fix for Nokia, hopefully we can make this issue known and get it resolved. If the level of 30/30 volume now gets fixed and becomes 20/30 that seems like it would be perfect.

retropenguin

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
So after reading all the comments I think that everyone is having the same issue with headphones that do not have a volume slider. Again, the issue is with headphones plugged in the volume at 30/30 seems just medium, and its hard to hear when walking around a noisy city or on the subway. I've found that the only fix for this is to use headphones with a volume slider which you can increase the max volume even more. This means the phone's software has the capabilities to make it louder, I think Nokia just might have slipped up a little bit with the testing.

It seems like this could be an easy fix for Nokia, hopefully we can make this issue known and get it resolved. If the level of 30/30 volume now gets fixed and becomes 20/30 that seems like it would be perfect.

My v moda headphones do have a volume slider. although it is meant to be compatible with the iphone if that makes any diff, but worked fine on the titan. You have to understand that people have had problems getting the headphone controls to work as well, the controls pretty much don't work so don't know if volume slider would do anything. and even if it did i don't think it would go above 30 as you are implying. i think this is a software issue.

camaroguy

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
My v moda headphones do have a volume slider. although it is meant to be compatible with the iphone if that makes any diff, but worked fine on the titan. You have to understand that people have had problems getting the headphone controls to work as well, the controls pretty much don't work so don't know if volume slider would do anything. and even if it did i don't think it would go above 30 as you are implying. i think this is a software issue.

This is correct, the phone's volume will not go over 30, period. Some headphones have their own volume control that is independent of the phone, but this generally only allows for lowering the volume. You can't make it any louder that what's coming out of the jack unless they headphones are powered somehow.

FWIW, my audio sounds pretty loud through my Klipsch headphones at 15/30, when playing through Zune. I don't have any 3rd party audio apps, so I cannot comment on that. I do notice the system sounds seem a lot quieter than media sounds, as mentioned by others.

BCH

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
WiFi & MMS

I've noticed two post-update problems with my Lumia 900, which I think are related:

1. If I have a WiFi and a cellular data connection, I cannot send a MMS (either group text, which is enabled in settings, or a picture message). If I turn off WiFi, I can send the message. This is 100% reproducible.

2. I have intermittent data drops when the phone is connected to both cellular data and WiFi. Turning one off, then back on, usually resolves the issue (except for MMS noted in 1., above)

Last week's update definitely fixed the cellular data issue (where no data could be received on 3G/4G), but the phone still seems to suffer from an inability to resolve data usage as between an available cellular and WiFi signal.

BCH

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
No sure if this is a bug or not but, when I plug the phone in to charge there is quite a bit of delay before the phone chimes and lights up recognizing that its plugged in and charging. On My HTC arrive as soon as I plugged it in the phone indicated it was charging and made the chime that it was plugged in. On the 900 it seems like it is just really really slow to recognize this.
Yes, I've noticed that the 900 takes up to 10 seconds to acknowledge it's being charged.

crash_pr

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Hmmm... interesting. I do have an older plan (2GB for $25), which was grandfathered in when I upgraded to the Lumia 900. As I see online in my account, the plan is now called "DataPro 2GB for Smartphone 4G LTE". (the Lumia 900 is available for upgrade as long as the data package is more than $20, according to AT&T's fine print).

Just to clarify - I do get LTE - only after a power cycle. But when I lose the signal (either I'm in the subway or in an elevator), it will only connect to 4G. I have to power off and back on to re-establish LTE - kind of a drag, as LTE is a noticeable difference from "4G". I may upgrade my package to the 3GB ($25) plan, if I do make good use of the connection!

I've seen this happen on mine... if it loose signal wont connect back to LTE until a power cycle...

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
I've noticed two post-update problems with my Lumia 900, which I think are related:

1. If I have a WiFi and a cellular data connection, I cannot send a MMS (either group text, which is enabled in settings, or a picture message). If I turn off WiFi, I can send the message. This is 100% reproducible.

2. I have intermittent data drops when the phone is connected to both cellular data and WiFi. Turning one off, then back on, usually resolves the issue (except for MMS noted in 1., above)

Last week's update definitely fixed the cellular data issue (where no data could be received on 3G/4G), but the phone still seems to suffer from an inability to resolve data usage as between an available cellular and WiFi signal.
Hmm, I have had WiFi/Data turned on since 4/6 (never had a data problem) and have not experienced any of the issues you describe.

milk242

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
So just to confirm, the volume rocker control on lock screen is a bug right?

When I play music from MetroRadio or Zune and I sleep the display, I can lowering the volume by pressing the volume down rocker but it will take a varying amount of presses, sometimes 1 time and sometimes up to 12 times. Same goes with volume up. One other thing I noticed is, if you can even get the volume rocker to register while display is asleep, the volume will only change between 0 and 1 and never go any higher.

Edit:
Retracting the statement of the volume only changing between 0 and 1. It goes higher, just goes so slow because it requires so many presses on the volume rocker.

Last edited:

retropenguin

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
So just to confirm, the volume rocker control on lock screen is a bug right?

When I play music from MetroRadio or Zune and I sleep the display, I can lowering the volume by pressing the volume down rocker but it will take a varying amount of presses, sometimes 1 time and sometimes up to 12 times. Same goes with volume up. One other thing I noticed is, if you can even get the volume rocker to register while display is asleep, the volume will only change between 0 and 1 and never go any higher.

Yes i do have the same problem as well although its sporadic. at times it does not happen and at times it does.

zonker1

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else have this problem? I was looking at my phone in a dark room. When the capacitive buttons lit up, I can see light bleeding through the bottom part of the phone surrounding the capacitive buttons. Almost like there are pinholes letting light through.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans