So on my lock screen this icon shows up and I have no clue what it's for. It's a small white envelope like the kind we get for emails but it has these 2 white swirly lines going around it at the bottom. Anyone else see such an icon and have an idea of how I can get rid of it?
    04-13-2012 10:17 PM
    So on my lock screen this icon shows up and I have no clue what it's for. It's a small white envelope like the kind we get for emails but it has these 2 white swirly lines going around it at the bottom. Anyone else see such an icon and have an idea of how I can get rid of it?
    Is it this icon?

That's the Hotmail email indicator.
    i will say that is vibrate icon ( in my family feud:lol: voice) survey saysssss vibrate icon you just won 200 pennies congrats lol
    04-13-2012 10:19 PM
    i will say that is vibrate icon ( in my family feud:lol: voice) survey saysssss vibrate icon you just won 200 pennies congrats lol
    lol no my vibrate is off and ring is on :)
    04-13-2012 10:20 PM
    Did you set up multiple email accounts from different service (yahoo, gmail, aol, etc) on your phone? It could be an indicator for one of those accounts.
    04-13-2012 10:23 PM
    ..I guess it's NOT voicemail
    04-13-2012 10:26 PM
    Is it this icon?

nokiaqueen likes this.
    04-13-2012 10:27 PM
    yepp you are right...it was my hotmail account...my main accounts are linked and pinned to the start, the hotmail isn't so I guess that's why it had a different notification icon...thannks though :blush:
    04-13-2012 10:28 PM
    Is it this icon?

Click to view quoted image

thanks for the photo, that's not a screen shot right?
    04-13-2012 10:28 PM
    Not a problem. Glad you figured it out. Unknown icons are one of the largest annoyances in a device. I have a voicemail indicator on my tablet that has set up permanent residence so I know the feeling haha.

EDIT: That is indeed a screen shot.
    04-13-2012 10:33 PM
    yepp you are right...it was my hotmail account...my main accounts are linked and pinned to the start, the hotmail isn't so I guess that's why it had a different notification icon...thannks though :blush:
    noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo you mean to tell me i was wrong??? my answer really didn't win me any pennies come on this is nuts wavy lines equals vibrate on the top right hand corner i must be right or else i shall throw myself infront of de bus... lol no for real though glad you got the right answer :lol:
    04-13-2012 10:36 PM
    Not a problem. Glad you figured it out. Unknown icons are one of the largest annoyances in a device. I have a voicemail indicator on my tablet that has set up permanent residence so I know the feeling haha.

EDIT: That is indeed a screen shot.
    hahah...so how'd you do the screen shot?
    04-13-2012 10:42 PM
    Was gonna say Hotmail as soon as I read your description. I have a Hotmail account but barely use it too. If you don't want that icon to show up, simply go into your Hotmail from your phone, go to sync settings, and set it to manual.
    nokiaqueen likes this.
    04-13-2012 10:47 PM
    hahah...so how'd you do the screen shot?
    Dev unlocked my phone and then loaded an app called Screen Capturer. The app allows you to use your camera button to take a screen shot. Purdy handy.
    04-13-2012 10:50 PM
    luck you...hope winOS devs can create such an app for us as well.
    04-13-2012 11:06 PM
    Hello can u show me the icon with envelope and swirly lines through it to make sure I can find out what this is on my lock screen
    03-01-2014 11:10 PM
    Hello can u show me the icon with envelope and swirly lines through it to make sure I can find out what this is on my lock screen
    See post #6. The picture is there.
    03-01-2014 11:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD