cracked display.....what should I do?

fig#WP

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
thanks guys for the suggestions. And I did drop from the waist high. It dropped on the particular corner. I guess i'll just go through the insurance through ATT. it is better than buying a new phone. Thanks guys

krayziehustler

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
thanks guys for the suggestions. And I did drop from the waist high. It dropped on the particular corner. I guess i'll just go through the insurance through ATT. it is better than buying a new phone. Thanks guys

did you have on a screen protector??

a good one could have minimized the damage as it would have spread the impact around

fig#WP

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys......I decided to go through ATT's insurance. Come to find out that the deductible was only $125. I'm alot happier now. The only thing bad thing was they were out of the cyan color. It's better than having a cracked screen right? Thanks for all you guy's advise. For the meantime, I was using my old Samsung focus. I'm telling you, using a Focus to a Lumia is night and day. Now I can't wait for my phone to come in.

TheOHouse

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Just fix it yourself. Nokia has done a really good job making it sure easy to remove the lcd/digitizer. I have fixed a lot of idevices for friends and they are a nightmare compared to the lumia 900. See the breakdown video posted on wpcentral a few weeks ago. Unfortunately it appears that you can't get any cheap knock-off replacement screens yet like you can for the devices. Anyone know where to get replacement parts at a good price?

trickym81

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site
I dropped my Lumia 710 yesterday from a bit higher than waist high. It landed on a concrete sidewalk and skipped a couple of times. I may have even accidentally kicked it as I lunged to get it.
It's perfectly fine except for a small scratch on the corner of the casing. I was very impressed.

Gemini Ace

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
How high is your waist??

I would start trolling eBay for a new phone. Maybe somebody unloading a Focus S. Either that or drop the 2 bills on the replacement.

Nakazul

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Yup, I did have a screen protector on it too. I think a screen protector can only do soo much.
Wow. You must be really unlucky. With a screen protector on, you get a extra coat that removies the vibration (resonance) and therefore should live through the worst case scenaros. I have never heard of a phone with a screen protector ( minus iaphone, I have the case of deaf ear when sentences start with i) get broken. Not saying its in-destructible because of a protector. You just broke a winning statistics i been telling friends rigorously. I bought the nice blank protector for my Titan and the good thing with thouse are there barely visible.

falconeight#IM

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I think you should find someone with a iPhone and beat the crap out of them. Then when your done turn to someone with a blackberry, give them a hug and a sorry. That would make you feel better.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Yikes. It's looking like the Lumia 900 is more fragile than the 800. I know that the 800's sheet of Gorilla Glass is thicker than the 900's. Not to mention its curved, which also absorbs a bit more impact.

A bit disappointing for Nokia's stellar hardware quality standards. Still better than most other handsets out there I'm sure, but I wonder why they didn't enforce the 900 with glass as thick as they did with the 800. Cost cutting? Trying to keep the phone a lighter weight perhaps? It almost feels like my 800 is in fact heavier than my 900.

racerj67

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
IGSM is anoption... just not that cheap

I would use a 3rd party shop. I used igsm wireless solutions out of Belevue, Wa. It cost $75 for the cost of the screen and labor.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

I was just on the phone with the IGSM guys. They quote $250 to repair a broken Lumia 900 display. They claim $30 in labor and $220 for parts.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb