Dented lip on display

danwc

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
So, I've had my 900 for two days, and am pretty delicate with it, and just now notices when I look at the display head on, at about the q on the keyboard there is a small silvery edge showing on the lip that surrounds the display. It has somehow been dented slightly and the paint or whatever finish is on the has worn off. This does not bode well for the phone. I can see this developing into a discolored mess in not too short a time. Definitely a design flaw. One of several I would not have suspected they would make.

I want to like this phone. My heart is saying yes, but my head is saying it's not so sure

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

leosoybean

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
Perhaps it was a defect and you can manage a replacement?

All I know is that I am buying a screen protector and case ASAP. Gorilla screens and polycarbonate bodies are not impervious to damage :/.

Good luck!

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Perhaps it was a defect and you can manage a replacement?

All I know is that I am buying a screen protector and case ASAP. Gorilla screens and polycarbonate bodies are not impervious to damage :/.

Good luck!

Can't bring myself to encase my Lumias (800 and 900). Totally defeats the purpose of designing the phone so beautifully. Completely understand your desire to protect it though.

danwc

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I don't like cases in general. But even with a case I suspect they don't cover the little metal lip or whatever you call the raised bit that surrounds the glass. I imagine the gel stops just outside and a screen protector stops just inside. But I'll have to look and see. Seems they should have use another material or a better finish. Not something where the finish is going to wear and flake off with little to no effort.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

hiko36

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
I have a dent on the bezel, to the left of the speaker grill. It's not wearing through like you said yours is but I was still pretty disheartened when I see it. Between that and the camera strip, my phone already look meh :-/

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)