04-25-2012 11:41 PM
56 123
tools
    You have to press this button like the world is coming to an end. I thought I had this problem too but I started pushing hard as ****, & now it works lol

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    04-23-2012 02:47 PM
    Ugh, queue people posting now with broken camera buttons. :P
    04-23-2012 03:16 PM
    You have to press this button like the world is coming to an end. I thought I had this problem too but I started pushing hard as ****, & now it works lol

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    Nope. It's not like we're doing something wrong. Do you know how long I tried to launch the camera when it wouldn't work? I spent about thirty minutes trying every way possible. Soft, hard, long, short, pausing between the stages of the shutter button, etc.

This is not user error. This is something that is wrong with the device.
    04-23-2012 03:35 PM
    Yeah, this is actually the only thing I'd call a bug with my 900. It will work for a bunch of times then all of a sudden stops. Won't work no matter what you do. I thought for a long time is was the proximity sensor like someone said, but no that's not it. My DVP never had the problem. If you pushed the camera button while the phone was locked, it went straight to the camera. It's a bug.
    -joe-
    04-23-2012 09:20 PM
    I was able to reproduce a NON working wake from sleep camera button BUG!. Everytime!!!

Plug the phone to your PC via USB, after ZUNE starts, close Zune.
    Now while my phone is USB connected, the camera button WILL NOT wake the phone from sleep.
    But the camera button will work from locked even if USB connected.

When USB plug is disconected, after a few seconds the camera button will start to work properly again, if not usually a reboot will fix it.

Have NOT tried this process by just using an USB wall charger with no computer yet.

But I can make this Symptom appear EVERY TIME, by using the USB in PC method.

Meanwhile my Samsung Focus camera button WILL work while connected to the USB PC interface at ALL time, from sleep or lock screen.

Please, others with no problems, try thismethod to see if your phones will not wake from sleep via camera button when PC USB connected.

Maybe this can lead someone to a solution or cause.....
    04-24-2012 12:30 AM
    So I am having issues with this. Mine will not wake it up all the time. Very annoying. Here's something else about it as well...

Settings>Applications>Pictures+Camera>Prevent accidental camera launch when phone is locked. Regardless whether or not it is ON or OFF... it will occasionally wake the phone into camera mode. It genuinely doesn't matter which I have selected. It seems to work when it wants to.

Having owned an HD7S and a Focus, I love the ability to quickly wake up my phone to snap a quick picture. It's frustrating as all **** with the Lumia, because I don't know if it's gonna work every time.
    04-25-2012 11:41 PM
56 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD