Very subtle creak

sdreamer

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Was wondering if anyone noticed this with their Lumia 900. I was just testing mine for that infamous vibrate rattle, and noticed it came from the top right of my Lumia. Upon inspection, I noticed that there was a very slight (you can't notice it with touch, just by the creak) creak when I pushed on the screen. From looking at the tear down and micro sim placement, it seems that this is where the lock pin is inserted, and also there is some space under this part of the screen. Being such a solidly made device, it started worrying me that my Lumia may be defective. I'm not sure if this is contributing to the rattle though as my rattle only happens when the device is facedown. Anyone else notice this creaking noise?

Gaiking

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Mine has a slight creak on the bottom when I really press down. I fixed it by giving it a good leaving alone. I just don't press down on it so creak doesn't happen.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Tikerz

May 31, 2011
Visit site
I have the exact same creak in the upper right hand corner. I discovered it while applying a screen protector and gently pushing out the bubbles.

sdreamer

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I think I've read on XDA that the creak on the bottom is attributed to the screen not being seated well, couldn't find anything about the upper right. But I definitely think its just because this is where the lock pin is for the screen and also where the micro sim is situated, allowing the screen and body to have some give when some pressure is applied here. Really nothing to worry about I think, just a heads up I guess for those who find this out later on.

lsj991

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
Phew, I was worried there for a while since I noticed it a few days ago but no one here had said anything about it so good to hear a few others have the same thing and it isn't anything to worry about.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss