The Great HARDWARE versus SOFTWARE debate REVISITED!

AndreaCristiano

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
So now after having my Lumia since the 6th and loving it completely I am more resolute than ever that the dual/quad core 1+ Gig of ram etc etc hardware BS that android pushes so greatly is just that BS! This phone os blazing fast, smooth as butta and great in all it does. So IMHO the extra bs hardware is needed to cover up the flaws in the OS that is android and not really for user experience. So has anyone's mind been changed on this matter?

TMavC5

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
So now after having my Lumia since the 6th and loving it completely I am more resolute than ever that the dual/quad core 1+ Gig of ram etc etc hardware BS that android pushes so greatly is just that BS! This phone os blazing fast, smooth as butta and great in all it does. So IMHO the extra bs hardware is needed to cover up the flaws in the OS that is android and not really for user experience. So has anyone's mind been changed on this matter?
Well said buddy.

Oridus

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site

i'll take a dual core phone over a single core phone for 3d gaming any day.

ftap

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
Ask if/when the 900 gets Apollo.

Exactly. No matter how slick your device is today. There will come a time when software will be too much for hardware.

The issue is windows 7/7.5 requirements have been on the low end side. So those who brought windows 7 devices from fall 2010 (Samsung focus/hd7) will get almost the same use out of their device as we will get our Nokia Lumia 900.

So someone who brought a Samsung focus in Dec 2010. Will get full use out of the focus from dec 2010 until at least q2/q3 2013

The lumia 900 users buying in April 2012 may only get about 18 months out of the hardware until q2/3 2013.

Who knows how well the lumia 900 will function after the first major software revision in fall 2012. When I buy hardware I want it to work well for close to 2 years.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb