05-10-2012 03:32 PM
59 123
tools
    I picked a white one up friday and its pretty bad. Am going to take it back tomorrow. the Purple drives me crazy. I also have the problem with the camera not always waking up from the lock screen.
    05-06-2012 05:45 PM
    Looks like Fix coming on May 14th .. this is software issue ..

Nokia Support Discussions - Re: Purplish tint on greys when low brightness is ... - Nokia Support Discussions

AT&T called their Nokia rep regarding this issue. Nokia is scheduled to release an update by May 14th to address the purplish tint. (They expect it to be released sooner, but promised by May 14th). AT&T extended my 30 day window to allow me to return after may 14th if the software fix doesn't address the problem. If your 30 day window is approaching I'd call AT&T to extend it.
    05-06-2012 07:19 PM
    Looking forward to that fix

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    05-06-2012 08:20 PM
    I exchanged my first white Lumia 900 on 5/5 for a second white Lumia 900 because of terrible audio quality on the video. I find that my new Lumia does not have the purplish tint no matter what light setting I'm on. Yay!
    05-07-2012 12:36 PM
    so I finally got the white Lumia...there was only one in the store..that's it! I exchanged my cyan lumia for white and it's absolutely gorgeous. However when I got home, I too noticed the purplish screen =/ my cyan didn't have any such issues...the only prob with my cyan was freezing at times upon data connection use...I guess I'll test the phone out more to see how well it's functioning..the purplish screen is bothersome but I can't even exchange it as there is such a limited supply out there. Nokia needs to send an update to fix this ASAP!
    Just turn the auto-brightness off for now. When the fix comes out you will be all set.
    05-07-2012 12:46 PM
    no issues with my glossy white one. :D
    05-07-2012 12:59 PM
    Just turn the auto-brightness off for now. When the fix comes out you will be all set.
    Thanks I've set it on medium with auto brightness turned off...its the only way the screen doesn't look purple lol

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    05-07-2012 09:34 PM
    I honestly think they are just going to up the brightness for low brightness. They could never fix the issue on their N8's because it was a bad screen. Same exact issue on Samsung Galaxy's, N8's, and now 900's. All affecting the grays, I still think it is a hardware problem for some reason.
    05-10-2012 01:02 PM
    I believe all new inventory has this problem. I'd to exchange my phone for a different reason. When I got the new one home, I freaked out looking at the purple ting when the brightness went low. It's just not the key board, it's the dial pad, it's the panover menu, etc. Everything on the phone that is Grey in color turns Purple when in low brightness.

I went to 4 different stores to look for an exchange and all of them have the same issue. Some stores argued with me that it's intended function, but I asked them to take out the ones they were using or the Black and Cyan ones that were on display and showed them they do not have the same issue. Every White NL900 I've seen has this issue.

So, if you want my theory, every device that came out after the first batch of the devices at launch has this problem.

It use to bother me. But now I changed my brightness from Auto to Medium and so that it never goes to low brightness setting. Surprisingly, I did not see any impact to the battery. I am happy and waiting for the fix to hit us.
    05-10-2012 03:32 PM
59 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD