04-19-2012 06:02 PM
47 12
tools
    Rowi remembers your spot, then notifies you of "50 new tweets" (or 20, or whatever you set it for). you scroll up to see those, and if you want to see any in between the last you viewed and the 50 new you click the "load previous" (or whatever it says)

the same with carbon....

I tried rowi and carbon and I always go back to carbon ;)

I think it's probably because I used it on webOS
    04-16-2012 08:58 AM
    I have the iPhone 4S, its sitting standby while I decide if the Nokia is a keeper yet.
    At this point, day #2, I don't think so.
    I like the different and fresh UI, but with the vibration rattle, pink spot on my camera lens, poor ish battery life, I just don't know. If Nokia comes thru with another fast update, maybe. But iPhone or Android is pretty far ahead at this point.
    But I love the underguy.
    04-16-2012 08:58 AM
    Rowi remembers your spot, then notifies you of "50 new tweets" (or 20, or whatever you set it for). you scroll up to see those, and if you want to see any in between the last you viewed and the 50 new you click the "load previous" (or whatever it says)
    I have both Carbon and Rowi. They are alright. I am using Tweet Caster right now. I'd like something with not just a black background. Surprised the true Twitter app isn't the same as the iOS version; I guess it is made by Microsoft though.

I will start lobbying the makers of Tweetbot to get on the WP7 train.
    04-16-2012 09:08 AM
    iPhone 4 then 4S.

I found a instagram type of application on WP7. It is called fhotoroom, it is a community type of dealio, with a good amount of choices to fix up your picture before your send it out to your profile. I for one use all three twitter clients. Carbon, the People Hub, and Rowi, they all fill my needs, my fave though seems to be Carbon, I love being able to see the picture while I am scrolling down. They're all great clients.

Check it out, if you want. It is free.

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/ap...b-8567f409e3e0
    04-16-2012 01:59 PM
    I came from a 3GS. It was on it's last legs. I do miss the apps but I found that I was wasting too much time on them anyway. I'm slightly more productive for the moment :P.
    04-16-2012 02:01 PM
    I have a 4S, but wouldn't say I'm coming from an iPhone as I also have a Focus S. Prior to that, a Titan and just made a trade in which I'll be sending my original Focus.
    04-16-2012 02:03 PM
    I'm on an iPhone 4 right now, but I'll be on a Focus Flash soon once my new SIM arrives. But the fact that I can't stay logged into websites on the FF will drive me nuts if I can figure out why. I can't stay logged into any site and I do a ton of mobile browsing.
    04-17-2012 04:25 PM
    I came from a 4S. The screen on the Lumia is way better. I'm also finding WP more stable. It also handles being offline way better than an iPhone. Try going into the mail app while offline and you get liek 5 errors every time you touch anything. Don't get me wrong, if the iPhone 5 comes out and is super awesome, Maybe I'll switch back. But then maybe I'll switch to some sweet Windows 8 phone when those come out. Who knows. Its good to have an unlimited budget from work for cell phones.
    04-17-2012 04:41 PM
    I came from a 4S. The screen on the Lumia is way better. I'm also finding WP more stable. It also handles being offline way better than an iPhone. Try going into the mail app while offline and you get liek 5 errors every time you touch anything. Don't get me wrong, if the iPhone 5 comes out and is super awesome, Maybe I'll switch back. But then maybe I'll switch to some sweet Windows 8 phone when those come out. Who knows. Its good to have an unlimited budget from work for cell phones.
    That's the kind of job I'm looking for! If you're in the NYC region, where do I apply =P
    04-17-2012 11:16 PM
    Fhotoroom WP seems to be a really good Instagram alternative.
    04-18-2012 01:53 AM
    I have a iPhone 4S and a Lumia 710, though I did spend 6 months exclusively HTC Trophy.

I like both. IOS is so well polished and smooth, and the 4S' camera so good, it tends to make the 4S the phone I leave the house with. But WP7 is so different and pretty, and has such an excellent keyboard, that I find myself finding excuses to use it.
    04-18-2012 02:37 AM
    The only app I am really missing is Sirius XM radio.
    I know Sirius XM has some unique content, but the TuneIn (as in tunein.com) WP app is flippin wonderful, Might be worth a try.
    04-18-2012 04:12 AM
    I had an iPhone 4, but I gave it to my brother and bought the Lumia.

There are a couple of small things I miss (Instagram, being able to see my battery percentage without having to scroll through menus), but that's not enough to make me switch back.
    04-18-2012 04:25 AM
    I came from iPhone 4; been on iOS since the original (2007). My wife and daughter still on their 4's. I will probably be the only convert in the house. I love it. I really wish it came with words with friends but I can deal without it.

I hope WP is here to stay.
    04-18-2012 07:56 AM
    Also, yeah it has a ton of apps but I only used maybe 5 and most just took up space.
    That's my feeling also. I had several hundred apps on my iPhone 4 and maybe used 10 (if that). More likely 5 on a day-to-day basis like you said. And I don't really mind Words With Friends or Draw Something not being available in the Marketplace. I didn't play them on my phone that much anyway, I use an iPad 2 for them. The larger screen for Draw Something is a lot better imo.

I decided to switch because I've had Nokia phones in the past and really like their build quality and reception. I also originally came to the iPhone 3GS (then iPhone 4) from an HTC Touch Pro running WM 6.1 Prof. The WP 7.5 Mango OS is really intuitive and clean and after checking out the sales guys phone the week of pre-order I decided to make the jump.

With the responsiveness of Nokia regarding the last update, I'm glad I did. I feel like I am in good hands with Nokia.
    04-18-2012 09:45 AM
    Came from a 3GS and love the Lumia 900. Have had the iPhone for 3 years and not miss it much. The only gripe is there is no EQ on WP7 and thats a meh for me. Other than that the UI is no much nicer and very intuitive (except for accessing open apps). I definetly like this phone.
    04-18-2012 04:30 PM
    I know Sirius XM has some unique content, but the TuneIn (as in tunein.com) WP app is flippin wonderful, Might be worth a try.
    If I wasn't paying for the subscription I would be open to something else. But thanks for the suggestion. My iPhone now lives at work in my lab for streaming Sirius.
    04-18-2012 06:03 PM
    Here's a wantabe in LA:

WTT for Lumia 900

:D
    04-18-2012 09:13 PM
    Not an iPhone user but just for shts and giggles I checked out the reviews at ATT of the Lumia 900 vs the reviews of the iPhone. The Lumia is getting a perfect 4 star rating and rave reviews all around. Wouldn't you know it but the review function is disabled for the precious iPhone! Apparently Apple thinks their products should not be subject to public feedback and scrutiny. What a joke!

Sent from my HTC Arrive using Board Express
    04-18-2012 10:02 PM
    I don't miss an app as much as being able to take screenshots of what's on the phone. I came from a 3G when WP7 launched almost 2 years ago.
    04-19-2012 05:47 PM
    I came from an iPhone 4s. I upgraded every year between my two accounts. I also own a GSM galaxy nexus. This year I decided to use my upgrade for the lumia and so far I don't regret it. Great phone and I can't wait for windows phone os to add more features.

One hard thing I had to get use to is adding a non apple device to my apple ecosystem ( own a mac pro, MBA, mac mini). I'm probably just going to write my own program to sync my icloud to google as I don't feel like paying for the programs that do this.
    04-19-2012 05:58 PM
    I came from a 4S, I have had every iPhone since the original and several high end Android Devices Galaxy S, Galaxy S2, Galaxy Nexus, Galaxy Note I think of myself as a phone junkie. I really am enjoying the 900, I have only had it about 24 hours but so far it does everything that I need it to do. I love the keyboard on it, what a joy to type on, the screen looks fantastic although a bit pixelated. The camera is okay not great but not terrible and the OS is as smooth as butter. I am finding that I enjoy how internet explorer renders sites better than Safari and I have found apps to cover all the apps I had on the iPhone 4S ... I am happy thus far that I made the switch.
    04-19-2012 06:02 PM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD