Who came from an iPhone?

iskoisko

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Came from an iPhone 4s. Glad I did. Now, my wife seems interested in the Nokia Lumia 900 (white) too as we loved Nokia phones before.

NicholasCL

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
I had my IPhone 3G for almost 3 years, I almost upgraded to the 4 but when I heard people were having trouble with the signal, I held off. Then the rumors started about the upcoming IPhone 5 with a bigger screen etc. so I wait for that. Instead apple comes out with the 4S. Apple has figured out that they can come out with a new phone with minimal hardware upgrades over last years model and people will still buy it. Genius. In the end my 3G was so slow that if I turned the phone to landscape mode I would have to wait a full 30 seconds for the phone to realize it and turn the screen.

My biggest complaint with my IPhone was the small screen size. I don't care about apps, I just want a phone that works. I have all the same apps on my Nokia or at least one comparable. I love the feel of the Nokia in my hand and I can lost staring into the deep blacks of the screen. I did screw up and bought an anti-glare screen protector which makes the black look a little gray in direct light. So far, I'm really happy with my purchase other than a couple of battery issues which seems to be fixed with the update.

identity-x

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm still not settled on a twitter client. What does everyone else use? Most important feature is that it must remember my spot in the timeline which few seem to be able to do.

Rowi remembers your spot, then notifies you of "50 new tweets" (or 20, or whatever you set it for). you scroll up to see those, and if you want to see any in between the last you viewed and the 50 new you click the "load previous" (or whatever it says)

bevt

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
Came from iPhone 4 (had iPhone since the original) and am liking my Lumia more each day.

There are certainly far fewer apps. I was original pretty let down by the selection. But the past 2 days going through the store I've had success finding enough. I was very happy to find a todo app that has the same UI as my favorite iOS to-do/list app clear. Also found my bill tracker and was able to just login and sync.

I'm still not settled on a twitter client. What does everyone else use? Most important feature is that it must remember my spot in the timeline which few seem to be able to do.

The only app I am really missing is Sirius XM radio.
Best Twitter app is Carbon.

en0x#AC

Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
Rowi remembers your spot, then notifies you of "50 new tweets" (or 20, or whatever you set it for). you scroll up to see those, and if you want to see any in between the last you viewed and the 50 new you click the "load previous" (or whatever it says)

the same with carbon....

I tried rowi and carbon and I always go back to carbon ;)

I think it's probably because I used it on webOS

bothfly737

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
I have the iPhone 4S, its sitting standby while I decide if the Nokia is a keeper yet.
At this point, day #2, I don't think so.
I like the different and fresh UI, but with the vibration rattle, pink spot on my camera lens, poor ish battery life, I just don't know. If Nokia comes thru with another fast update, maybe. But iPhone or Android is pretty far ahead at this point.
But I love the underguy.:cool:

sting7k

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site

I have both Carbon and Rowi. They are alright. I am using Tweet Caster right now. I'd like something with not just a black background. Surprised the true Twitter app isn't the same as the iOS version; I guess it is made by Microsoft though.

I will start lobbying the makers of Tweetbot to get on the WP7 train.

hellomiggy

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
iPhone 4 then 4S.

I found a instagram type of application on WP7. It is called fhotoroom, it is a community type of dealio, with a good amount of choices to fix up your picture before your send it out to your profile. I for one use all three twitter clients. Carbon, the People Hub, and Rowi, they all fill my needs, my fave though seems to be Carbon, I love being able to see the picture while I am scrolling down. They're all great clients.

Check it out, if you want. It is free.

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/apps/acad1eed-3149-4b6c-bc4b-8567f409e3e0

leosoybean

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
I came from a 3GS. It was on it's last legs. I do miss the apps but I found that I was wasting too much time on them anyway. I'm slightly more productive for the moment :p.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I have a 4S, but wouldn't say I'm coming from an iPhone as I also have a Focus S. Prior to that, a Titan and just made a trade in which I'll be sending my original Focus.

Sasquatch76

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm on an iPhone 4 right now, but I'll be on a Focus Flash soon once my new SIM arrives. But the fact that I can't stay logged into websites on the FF will drive me nuts if I can figure out why. I can't stay logged into any site and I do a ton of mobile browsing.

chrise2

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
I came from a 4S. The screen on the Lumia is way better. I'm also finding WP more stable. It also handles being offline way better than an iPhone. Try going into the mail app while offline and you get liek 5 errors every time you touch anything. Don't get me wrong, if the iPhone 5 comes out and is super awesome, Maybe I'll switch back. But then maybe I'll switch to some sweet Windows 8 phone when those come out. Who knows. Its good to have an unlimited budget from work for cell phones.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I came from a 4S. The screen on the Lumia is way better. I'm also finding WP more stable. It also handles being offline way better than an iPhone. Try going into the mail app while offline and you get liek 5 errors every time you touch anything. Don't get me wrong, if the iPhone 5 comes out and is super awesome, Maybe I'll switch back. But then maybe I'll switch to some sweet Windows 8 phone when those come out. Who knows. Its good to have an unlimited budget from work for cell phones.
That's the kind of job I'm looking for! If you're in the NYC region, where do I apply =P

Dileu

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I have a iPhone 4S and a Lumia 710, though I did spend 6 months exclusively HTC Trophy.

I like both. IOS is so well polished and smooth, and the 4S' camera so good, it tends to make the 4S the phone I leave the house with. But WP7 is so different and pretty, and has such an excellent keyboard, that I find myself finding excuses to use it.

briesenbeck

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
I had an iPhone 4, but I gave it to my brother and bought the Lumia.

There are a couple of small things I miss (Instagram, being able to see my battery percentage without having to scroll through menus), but that's not enough to make me switch back.

fleeper99

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
I came from iPhone 4; been on iOS since the original (2007). My wife and daughter still on their 4's. I will probably be the only convert in the house. I love it. I really wish it came with words with friends but I can deal without it.

I hope WP is here to stay.

Lmuggs-

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Also, yeah it has a ton of apps but I only used maybe 5 and most just took up space.

That's my feeling also. I had several hundred apps on my iPhone 4 and maybe used 10 (if that). More likely 5 on a day-to-day basis like you said. And I don't really mind Words With Friends or Draw Something not being available in the Marketplace. I didn't play them on my phone that much anyway, I use an iPad 2 for them. The larger screen for Draw Something is a lot better imo.

I decided to switch because I've had Nokia phones in the past and really like their build quality and reception. I also originally came to the iPhone 3GS (then iPhone 4) from an HTC Touch Pro running WM 6.1 Prof. The WP 7.5 Mango OS is really intuitive and clean and after checking out the sales guys phone the week of pre-order I decided to make the jump.

With the responsiveness of Nokia regarding the last update, I'm glad I did. I feel like I am in good hands with Nokia.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos